Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Help need front bumper ideas! 42 Stude

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redlineracer42, Dec 16, 2013.

1. noosebleed!.jpg

Hitin%20the%20Streets%20028[1].jpg

rearview launch.jpg Please help! I need some front bumper ideas!!! Mebbe something like the back? I was thinkin something hammered outta aluminium...something on tghe order of the rear bumper...must be able to remove quickly to tilt front fenders

Attached Files:

2. I dunno, with that ride, who needs a bumper? I think it looks righteous without one.

3. I love it without but tryin to stay semi legal.... Oh and thanks!

4. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

40 Willy's maybe ..Do you have the 42 bumper now ?

5. mt shasta steve

mt shasta steve

A '40 Ford bumper would look nice. Just a single bar to parallel the grille. But then I'm partial to ANYTHING 40 Ford.
    Steve

6. ...I'd go with a simple black painted pipe bumper capped off on the ends; with brackets that slide into receptacles on the frame, and secure em with quick pins.

...have you been stopped for no front bumper?, if not I'd run it as is...been drivin my 37 Chev for 5 years w/o a front bumper, no hassles . I like yer Stude w/o a front.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  7. ick!!!

Attached Files:

8. Steve,Have you a 40 front bumper? I would paint it black so if it is a bit outta shape or bad chrome I might be interested? Mebbe one to try? I like that idea....

9. Twas thinkin just that.... Didnt you say you stopped by my place looong ago.....

10. yup, that wuz me...see you at the Meltdown!

11. RDR

RDR

would nerf bars make you legal?

12. I looked up the Il. law and it says to put a front bumper other than stock on my car it must be 3" tall and run to the edge of the fenders (this is the gist of it)...I just cannot come up with ANYTHING that looks even remotely good....I think a 40 Ford is about the only thing that will come close....Can someone photoshop a 40 Ford bumper to my Stude?

Attached Files:

13. 1955IHC

1955IHC

Just my 2 cents but I haven't had a problem with no bumper in Illinois with my dd yet and it's been five years. My friends 55 Chevy panel doesn't have any either. I think your car looks great with out one.

Sent via Illinois Bell Telephone Company's Car Radiotelephone

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  14. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

how 'bout a '41-47 chevy truck bumper? Nice and small and plain, and should be readily available...

[​IMG]

15. daliant

daliant

Just put the ol' tow bar brackets back on, it looks good just the way it is without a bumper if you ask me.

16. Thanks guys! I love it without the bumper! That truck bumper is a good idea! Tow bar brackets were a thought of mine but with a removable tube between....

17. 327Eric

327Eric

Can you use Volkswagen Nerf Bars?

18. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Hmmm...

Ya know, the 42 front bumper doesn't look bad, just to "deep". I rather like the front face styling. How's 'bout trimming off everything behind the front face, leaving a lip maybe 1/8"->1/4". That'd really lighten up the looks of the front bumper, as well as its' weight. & it's still be Stude... :D . Maybe could pivot w/the tilt front, or use hd pit-pins to secure the bumper brackets to the frame?

Marcus...

19. I'm just curious..who is gonna know the difference in bumpers,,some laws on the books are really archaic.:rolleyes:

I'm thinking a 40 Ford bumper would look good and is at least 3,,maybe 4 inches wide. HRP

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  20. daliant

daliant

I think the fuzz are more likely to notice the lack of a front license plate than the lack of a front bumper. I think if you were to get a ticket for an inadequate front bumper it would be accompanied by a handful of more serious infractions.

21. A handful? I realise no plate that would change with bumper. What other infractions do you see...

22. I must drag it out and check that out! Good idea!

23. Some States,like South Carolina do not require a front license plate. HRP

24. daliant

daliant

You might get a ticket for the bumper if already pulled over for something else like speeding and the cop wants to throw a bunch of tickets at you (as a "dickhead fee") to see what sticks in court. I don't see a cop pulling you over just for not having enough bumper in the front unless he's a real prick or he just wants to get a better look at your car. One of the pitfalls of driving a unique car is the extra attention drawn to you amongst the endless supply of cookie cutter cars and trucks out there and the less stuff out of place draws less attention.

Illinois is a two plate state.

25. As far as I know car is completely legal except bumper and plate....Waaay to quiet exhaust,wiper,all lights and horn,adult driven(in town anyhow) and gray hair disguise....

26. daliant

daliant

I think you'll be fine then.

27. I am going to a big city to cruise some rod runs and am kinda concerned with the big city cops/state boys etc.