Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Looking for a fall / winter event Cali?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CG, Dec 17, 2013.

1. I was talking to my brother the other day and we decided to go to some event in Cali, make a yearly get away, but lets do it in fall or winter.

So what event or show in Cali (or someplace that's not a cross country plane trip, but warmish) that my brother and I can make an annual trek too. We used to go to the drags up here every summer so I was thinking the CHRR would be cool, but I just looked it up and that's a summer time event.

Thanks for any thoughts on this. We are both 50 plus, but its never to late to start a new tradition, right?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  2. TTT Im pretty sure Cali doesnt close down to hot rodding in the fall/winter months.

3. Harell Los Angeles

Harell Los Angeles

How about pomona for the Grand National roadster show? Its at the end of January.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Ill stick that one on the list, thanks. Ive seen coverage on it just didn't pay attention to when it was...Thanks!

5. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Turlock swap meet end of January....

6. 5Wcoupe

5Wcoupe
    from L.A., Ca.

7. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A friend and I had the same idea a couple of years ago and tried the Grand National in Pomona. We are hooked and will return for the third year in a row this Jan. I am originally from Gig Harbor Washington and if you think the weather is cold in Monroe, try living here in the Midwest. Pomona is a welcome respite from the Winter and the show is great. We had been going on both Friday and Sat. , but since the majority of the inside cars on Friday seem to be pretty much the same from year to year we will do an all day on Sat when they bring in the local rods and customs.

We also give ourselves 3 or 4 days either side of the show and spend some time along the coast or visiting rod shops in the area.

8. Thanks for the advice. Seeing the same cars year after year are what burned me out on car shows. I think this is the show we will go to first and see how it works out.

9. seldom scene

seldom scene

How about the Grand National Roadster Show ? do a search

10. Yeah that's the main one that's been mentioned here and the one we're going to look in to. Should be fun.

11. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Hey, how about the Grand National Roadster Show? :)

Also Turlock as mentioned, good for parts huntin' and not as far south.

12. inline 292

inline 292

Big 3 parts exchange in San Diego late Feb.

13. LOL, too funny ... As far as hitting a swap meet we will be flying in and renting a car. So no way to get stuff home.