Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chevy wagon in progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody Walls, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks guys , I really hope I can drive this thing all over

2. im liking at how the interior is coming out ...

really nice and keep up the good work =)

3. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

4. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks
    Yes it is nads , I'm getting really excited

5. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

Haven't checked in in a while, but hot damn your progress is remarkable. I love everything about this 59.

6. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks , I'm glad you like it

7. Looking great as always Cody! So much talent in one body. That upholstery is coming out nice, clean and tight....no small task. Excellent work!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. wolfex1

wolfex1

Cody, I have heard that those torpedo heaters that you have sitting on the floor in one of your pictures emits fumes that will screw up a paint job. Apparently, you aren't having a problem? Kerosene or propane? ~WX1

9. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Sunday update instead of Monday , because Christmas is this week . the dash is completely finished , all the interior trim in installed ,i managed to get the Lt fender on and fixed the pin hole in the radiator .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thanks dave, yah it was a lot more work involved in the interior then i thought it was going to be
    ive never herd that before chris , but you learn something new everyday , we've been painting this way for a long time now with out any issues , were using diesel

11. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

As usual it is looking great Cody, you deserve a few days off to celebrate Christmas.

12. Such a beautiful car,possibly the nicest wagon to ever be built on the Hamb,,take a few days off and enjoy the holidays..you deserve it! HRP

13. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thanks guys , just taking Christmas off and ill be back at it , its really coming together here lately ,, a lot of the major things are done , its just a lot of little things that are eating up time, but I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel :D

14. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Wow! I love this wagon, gives me ideas for mine that I don't have the skills to do :(

15. Sakke

Sakke
    from Finland

This COOL Chevy goes so well together!!! Color combination is just PERFECT!!!

16. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thank you ,, any one can do this , it just takes time and practice , the wealth of knowledge is out there and tremendous , the only limits are your mind and if you can not physically do it
    Thank you

17. Rattaxi48

Rattaxi48
    from ohio

you know if you dont spend so much time on here you may get somewhere on that pile haha looking great cody

18. oldman2

oldman2

Physically do it. Now we're talking about me:), almost 68 and it's getting harder and harder to get things done. I still want too, but....Jim

19. Old man2 ,your preachin to the ---- well you know , 64 building a heavy coe now and starting 59 wagon when done if I have the engery . Cody great job , wathin closely , 59 next project .

20. Boatmark

Boatmark

Wow, I cannot believe I missed this thread before. I just spent 3.5 hours working my way through it.

Cody, it cannot be said enough that this car, and your talents, are an incredible display of design, execution, and craftsmanship.

You have single handedly shot to hell the self esteem of half they guys on the HAMB. Once we got through metalwork, body, and paint I was getting worried. Then we get custom bolts and a hand made license plate, where I was really concerned. But when you put a tight and straight headliner in a wagon interior that must be fifty feet long, it was all over. I was screaming off into the sunset. (boy am I tired :D) I may have to just sell my tools, buy a Toyota, and take up golf.

I hope Rodders Journal is listening. (Pgan you out there?) This is the right car, and Ganahl is the right guy to put this car into words.

Can't wait to see it complete and cruising!

21. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

Still looking great. A beautiful car, almost done. You won't know what to do with yourself when you've finished!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

22. Jalopyrama Mike

Jalopyrama Mike

Cody,
    What can I say? Your spot on the floor is awaiting, yes, there will be a #11

23. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Monday update , slowly but surly im starting to see the finish line ,ive got a lot accomplished in the past week , a lot of the stuff left on the car is is the small things ,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still have [​IMG]

to make up the custom hardware for the hood hinges
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aran de Baron sketch of the wagon
    [​IMG]

24. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

hey it was in the middle of a work day , what were you doing on here , get back to work :D

that's my biggest fear , not being able to physically do this any more

thank you
    thank you for the kind words and taking the time to go threw it all , if it did , it would be a dream come true
    yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, thank you mike , im glad to here there will be an 11 , and the wagon should done in time for this one :Dlol

25. oldman2

oldman2

Cody, looking good buddy...Jim

26. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

27. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Sunday update

polishing up the grill , if everything goes right I should have it the bumper and lower valance on
    [​IMG]

I got some of the [​IMG]

carpet back from being bound

[​IMG]

its not all completely glued down yet , since I ran out , but you guys[​IMG]

get the point
    [​IMG]

I also managed to fix the pin hole in the rad and I got all of that put back togeter

28. Fedman

Fedman

Great job Cody,

This has to be one of, if not "The Best" how to, build thread, I have ever seen.

Congrats on a killer Car!

Brian

29. oldman2

oldman2

Looking super Cody, better each time I see it...Jim

30. Marten

Marten

I would'nt dare to drive this beauty...better get a good insurrance when going up the streets.

Maybe this is how 'trailer queens' are born haha