Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Any hamb things to do in key west the week of 12/22

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotroded, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Heading to key west for christmas week anything happening before Christmas

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Lucky dog,I don't know of any hot rod activity's but the weather should be nice and there are a lot of Bars! :D HRP

3. river1

river1

Dude you're going to be in KEY WEST step away from hot rods for a week and come back even more invigorated.

Have a good time and put sun block on

later jim

4. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

5. khead47

khead47

Ditto on the "interesting" bars!

6. Go to Sloppy Joe's,,that was Ernest Hemingway's favorite watering hole..HRP

7. Yes stepping away from the hot rods for a couple days to get me motivated for the big push for Detroit
    Thanks for the input I really didn't think there was any hot rod shops down there but I will be on foot or bike
    And I will be tuned up
    Happy holidays to one and all hambers

8. boutlaw

boutlaw

Have a HAMB beer, go observe all the freaks at sunset....

9. Haven't been to KW since I was stationed there in 1964.Understand it's changed a bit since then.As someone once said about Provincetown MA:"If you happen to drop your car keys in P-Town,KICK them all the way to Truro before you bend over to pick them up!" Guess KW is similar.

10. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you happen to come thru Marathon, you can contact me and we can have a couple of cold ones and shoot the shit for a bit. (Marathon's quite a bit cheaper to drink in than Key West.) :D

11. I'm flying in and gonna be on foot for the week thanks for the offer

Thanks I just heard about this never knew that before I won't have my keys with me just incase thanks for the info!

12. 59 brook

59 brook

fat tuesday s has always been a favorite of mine

13. kenwood

kenwood
    from ne ohio

Try Schooner's Wharf for a crab cake and one of Eric's cigars!

14. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cheap drinks ain't the only reason I'm in Marathon! :D

15. It's hard to find a good crab cake

Hahaha

16. Dude, Please take pics for the downtrodden, miserable, frozen souls here in the northern midwest for a hope of something that's alive and green!!!!!!!!!!!as you can tell winter is NOT my favorite time of year.

17. Yes I will post any vintage auto related pictures to cheer up anybody why do you think I'm going I hate winter figured I needed to go somewhere to get inspired

18. Just don't step on any of the 6 toed cats or the chickens that roam the streets. HRP

19. chopped

chopped

Catch a sunrise and a sunset over the water on the same day

20. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

Eat at the Half Shell raw bar. JC

21. 6 toed cats?
    I seen pictures of the chickens are the sacred down there or if we catch one can.we cook the chicken on the barbi?

22. Model T1

Model T1

Stop in at NAKED LUNCH and the GARDEN OF EDEN. You'll soon forget old cars. Visit Mallory Square after dark.

Attached Files:

23. on duvall street, there is a hotel about half way down, that is 4 or 5 stories tall and has a bar on the roof.....best place to see the sunset.

24. With all I hear about droppin keys and bonesmugglers I will be alittle cautious about a place called naked lunch but definitely will go passed it haha
    Thanks
    4 or 5 storie hotel will do!

25. the only thing automotive related is a neat display of old parts in a tow company office in the next key north of Key West, ocean side..been few years, don't remember its name, just ask around....
    .....you HAVE to go to Sloppy Joe's....

26. Will do sloppy Joes !

27. A.D.D.

A.D.D.
    from PacNW

I've spent a lot of time down there.... just down there a few months ago.

You can rent a scooter or small motorbike to see the island (and stuff nearby). The trolley is OK, you buy a ticket and it takes you around like a tour bus. Hop off and on wherever you want. Not cheap, but a good way to kill a day or two and learn about all the stuff you are looking at.

A company called FURY takes people out snorkeling, parasailing and to ride jet skis. They among others, have a nice sunset booze cruise if you are with somebody. Plenty of ladies on vacation looking for a "memorable" vacation if you are solo.

Lots of fun bars, whether you want to drink yourself stupid or just sip a drink and listen to live music.

Check out the rust bucket '38 chev truck near the diving museum, and a cool AD pickup plastered with surf stickers out in front of another bar.

Other than that.... Enjoy the tropical paradise. It's where Floridians go on vacation (it's a short drive from nearly anywhere in the state).

Hope the weather holds out for you. It's usually nice, but have seen it a bit cold and rainy one Christmas.

If you are bored out of your mind.... There is a parking garage over near the fishing docks with 1/2 dozen old Lincolns stashed (treasure hunt).

28. Parking garages with old cars wil do !
    Single broads will do!

29. cayager

cayager

pretty cool place for a vaca. my inlaws own a place on cudjoe key. about 20 mile from key west. only been there once but looking to get back there someday. mallory square at sunset is fun for sure.

30. k9racer

k9racer

Things have changed over the years, But Stock Island had quite a car crowd years ago. They even had a circle track. The most famous car people on that island are Bob Sweet father of race car driver and stearing component mfg Randy Sweet.. Bob's wife is Hila who raced in Calif. These 2 have bought and sold a lot of the keys. One of the min reasons you will not find hot rods is the salt every thing that has been on the keys 4 years is just about rusted away.. Watch out for pick pockets.. On a last note.. Have fun and watch your back side.