Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Cloud "Museum" in Bard, CA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Burny, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Burny

Burny

Went camping at the Colorado river close to Yuma AZ, over the New Years weekend and stumbled onto this place in Bard, CA. It's called a museum, but it is basically this old timer's collection of over 100 model T's and A's and tons of old machines and mechanisms. Amazing place. I couldn't focus he had so much stuff. All the cars were set up on wood blocks and ran! This guy had stacks of everything old. Old washing machines, irons, blacksmith tools, farming equipment, kitchen appliances, construction tools and equipment, mining equipment etc. etc. He had a completely assembled modular Texaco gas station that he got off some old lady in San Diego set up in this place! Very cool. At any rate, I snapped off a bunch of pictures before my camera ran out of juice. I highly recommend stopping by and chewin' the fat with Ole John Cloud...bring a joke and get ready to be tested on an array of old tools and there uses!

Here's the link to the picts:

http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k250/RonBurnco/Cloud Museum/?start=0

BTW- he says he wasn't interested in selling anything, but I get the feeling he would part with any item for the right price.

2. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Cool...Looks alot like the Museum in Murdo SD...........1/2 museum, 1/2 junkyard........Love places like that.

3. kornbinder

kornbinder
    from Sonora, CA

All I can say is WOW!!!

4. piche582

piche582
    from Sonora, Ca

Sounds like the kinda man you wanna make reeeeeeeeeaaaallllly good friends with :D Kinda makes me want to take a little trip...

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

THANKS! Wonder what type of cyclecar that body is from in photo #13? Thats a ROOF overhead on the T in photo 14. Thanks post posting the photos. :)

6. Mike

Mike

I might have to stop by and visit this place on my way out to the Ranch Run.

7. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Anybody been there lately? Was there in 2006, at it was really worth the trip! Guess the collection has grown since then! Here is some pix i took!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Fenders

Fenders

Since you asked... I was there yesterday. Thought I'd died and gone to HAMB heaven. Lots of rust out side the buildings but nothing a HAMBer couldn't handle. Lots of great barn find solid cars, and some restored ones, inside the buildings.

Most are Model T Fords including a few nice original 26-27 roadsters (but I liked the restored 26-27 coupe), quite a few As, a 1936 Ford, a few Dodge Brothers...
    one interesting engine (he has a few) was a T with an OHV conversion...
    Johnny told me he started collecting this 21 years ago - hard to imagine you could acquire so many neat old cars in only 21 years!

Well worth the trip and $5 admission if you are anywhere near Bard Valley CA or Yuma AZ, it's at 1398 York Road (on route S24 close to the Date Farm - 10 miles from Winterhaven).
    Bring your camera (I forgot mine....) !!

http://cloudmuseum.dynamitedave.com/

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  9. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

linky no work...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. kookee

kookee

I agree! Looks like Disneyland for HAMBers!

WOW!

11. harrington

harrington
    from Indiana

WOW!!! Thanks for sharing your pics.

12. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

13. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Don't tell those "Picker" guys from the TV show!!!!

14. lanny haas

lanny haas
    from Phoenix AZ

going to have to check that out

15. greasemonkey060

greasemonkey060

Holy crap! I've never seen so many complete original T's and A's in one place like that..

16. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

17. jalopyshots

jalopyshots

I went to the Cloud Museum last month. He's still at it. Tons of stuff. I rebuilt the website as well with new pictures. I condensed it down to a single web page.

Check it out at http://cloudmuseum.dynamitedave.com/

First real update since 2007.

18. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I was there several times in mid 2000s and it is awesome! He let me in free a couple of times 'cause I was in the '48 Plymouth when I went. He actually took me over to his storage yard a mile or two away and dig for "T" stuff as well. It was damn near as cool as the museum.

19. janbuick

janbuick

that is a great looking museum
    thank for sharing the pic's

jan

20. partssaloon

partssaloon

He's a great guy, and puts most of the cars together with parts and pieces and even tries to use old bolts and wood. I used to stop and talk to him before he put a fence around it.

21. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

so, this "old School" storage? not computer data Cloud Storage? Thanks for posting

22. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

So cool...and always looking for a new road trip destination...thanks for the post.

Posted using the Full Custom MUNDSTER app!

23. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker