Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hershey

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by _bird, Dec 17, 2013.

1. _bird

_bird
    from Central Ma

Who has gone to Hershey I'm interested in going and would like to hear anything anyone has to say about it. Thanks in advance for your input.

2. JunkYardGuy

JunkYardGuy

Its the Super Bowl of old cars and parts !

3. Hate to wish my life away, but can't wait till next year

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'm happiest when I'm at Hershey, 2014 will be 45 years in a row for me. Space reservation paperwork arrived today. Bob

5. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

you won't regret being there. go early, stay late.

6. chiro

chiro

You simply must go. You have seen nothing like it. Make hotel reservations early. If you're young, it's possible to do the field in one day if you are nearly running, don't stop and dawdle too much and are only looking for specific things. But then you will really miss the whole flavor of the event. Plan for two days at least and enjoy it slowly, taking it all in. It's a lot to absorb.

7. I hear they have chocolate there.:D

8. hotrodhoodlum

hotrodhoodlum
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

even if you do not need anything it is the bomb to walk around
    and look at everything

9. rusty truck

rusty truck
    from rochester

Most is made in Mexico now. Yay NAFTA!

10. hilltopgaragede

hilltopgaragede
    from Delaware

Have been a number times. Always seems to be more focused as an old car event which I like. Not as much muscle car stuff and Carlisle, but most everything is there. There are plenty of used parts and aftermarket suppliers too. The best stuff is found early, but some guys will deal late in the week if they don’t want to take it home. If you are really going to look, it definitely takes more than one day. A place to stay locally may be hard to find if you wait too long. Worth going for sure!

11. Topbliss

Topbliss

Love it!!!! look forward to it every fall with my Son

12. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I love Hershey , for me its nirvana. I think the best thing is the anticipation of finding an elusive goodie I've not come accross before...cheap. Have been there every year since I was a kid in the 60's. Each meet I learn somthing new, and find cars and parts never seen before. Always enjoy the people; guys known for 40years or meeting new like minded ones, young and old. Alot of prices are steep (rare shit), but deals can be had. I never end up buying alot; but man what an event!

13. It is the best time ever! Always come home with something great that I never even thought of looking for.

14. notaford1

notaford1
    from webster ny

Bring good walking shoes,pancho,umbrella and loads of cash...you'll love it

15. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Been every year since 1968. Make hotel reservations NOW! Bring rain gear because it will rain. Don't miss the race car condition run on Friday at 11 AM in the stadium.

16. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

I go to as many swap meets as is practical, and if I were only allowed to go to one, Hershey would be it. Do yourself a favor and be there no later than Wednesday morning.

17. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

They still have a big plant West of town.

18. they must still make a lot there, you can smell it through out town.

19. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Unfortunately, rusty truck is correct. When I read that most of Hershey chocolate was made in Mexico, I asked one of the workers at Chocolate World if it was true and she said "sadly yes".

20. statesblue

statesblue
    from Luzerne Pa

Get out and start walking a couple miles everyday to get in shape. Buy a good pair of walking sneaks and have at it. Plan on staying a couple days because you'll never see it all in a day. Stay for the big show on Saturday because its great. You'll see cars and trucks there you won't see anywhere else. The pain you'll feel in your feet and legs will be worth the deals and memories.

21. .......That's almost as bad as the American flags made in China!

22. noboD

noboD

I'm going to say hogwash to that. Hershey has LOTS of US based plants. There are select products made in Mexico, you can tell by the labels. Back to the car show, it doesn't get any better. Even a rainy week at Hershey is better then being at work.

23. ctfordguy

ctfordguy

I call it MECCA. For me it is one of the best weeks of the year. I start thinking about returning the next time on the drive home. If I had never been there, it would be on top of my bucket list of things to do. Only problem is RAIN. It rains alot in Pennsylvania in the Fall. I'd walk it in the rain but the vendors don't want their goods to get wet and I can't blame them. You need 2-3 days to really see it all. Make room arrangements early and expect high "meet" rates. See you there
    Bruce/CT