Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Bob's Big Boy Broiler Opens In Downey!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cyclone Kevin, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

I know that it's chillier tonite, but come on out for some grub n rods! ;).
    JG, Adriene & I'm here!

2. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

3. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Tomorrow Oct. 30 2013 is Truck or Tread. Bring your car and candy to share and let's see what your dressing up as.

Could it be
    [​IMG]

Maybe she
    [​IMG]

Or her
    [​IMG]

Even him
    [​IMG]

4. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Trunk Or Treat Nite @ The Broiler!!!!!!!! Bring out all of the lil goblins for some candy and a Kool Cruise Nite!

5. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Had a great T&T, last week, it's only 6:30 pm, Chili Phil was just in, Adriene, Juicy Gee, and Me are here, so come on down :).

6. paintpyro

paintpyro

Kevin, how has the crowd been? Looking to bring the boys from the church youth group tomorrow night.

7. Fabian Chopit

Fabian Chopit
    from SoCal

THIS WEDNESDAY-- Christmas Cruise Nite! Special guest Charles Phoenix will be there to Light up Big Boy for the holidays!
    BE THERE, OR BE SQUARE

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1387307603.727072.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. Fabian Chopit

Fabian Chopit
    from SoCal

Ready to cruise, see you at Bob's this Wednesday!

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1387308133.919958.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1387308161.855186.jpg

9. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

My Ride is decked out also Fabian :eek: :D ;)
    [​IMG]

10. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

C'mon out for our Chistmas Cruise tonite even Charles Phoenix is making the trek out to illuminate our Big Boy!!!!!

11. lowcal52

lowcal52
    from Downey, CA

Sweet I'll make it down

12. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

What The !!!!!!!!!, a bit of Deja Vu I must say.

[​IMG]

13. cruzingratiot

cruzingratiot
    from Detroit MI

Attached Files:

14. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

As we stand at the platform of life and watch the 0-13 pull away. One can not help but run along side the pullman's as they depart.

[​IMG]

But the platform ends and forces us to stand, wave goodbye, and watch as memories fade away. Then Midnight strikes and the 0-14 pull's in.

Happy New Year !!!!

John

15. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Ok. A few people this morning hit me up this morning @ the Pasadena Cruz this morning and asked if the Broiler will be open tomorrow (New Years Day Jan. 1, 2014) so they can bring in the New Year and Wednesday Cruz in right. The answer is Yes! per management. So come down and grab dinner early so you can soke up all that remaining alcohol in your system. ;)

16. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Well, 7 years ago today, "a great crime occurred" we lost what was formerly Harvey's Broiler, then later Johnie's Broiler, to a guy who took many people's memories. I won't mention his name, it's on the Harvey's Broiler razed post.
    It's taken 3.2 mil to bring it back to a building. It will take a long time
    to pay that back. I think that the guy who dozed it should have to had pay the replacement cost. It's funny but I dreamt about the rebuild and worked really hard to get it back along with Adriene and we watched and helped it come back better than ever!

As I awaited our grand opening, a Drive-In is what I had in mind, upon our opening I witnessed people who were supposed to be car people drive off as a type of dine n dash, others steal our metal trays which cost us $30.00 a pop to a tune old about 30 trays.
    I happened to see one on a cal bug convert at Toluca Lake, and even let the thief know that I knew he stole our tray. Couldn't get it back, but what a chump!

With all that aside, the Drive-In feature is a rarity now, but I enjoy what we worked so hard to bring back to you. Without Jim Louder, Adriene, Analisa & of course the HAMB, City of Downey and lastly myself, it would have stayed a memory, but since its here, take your kids, grand kids or yourself and make new memories!!!!!

17. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

What's a Diner with out soup? Alphabet soup is one of my favorite's and I'm going to share my recipe with all of you. It's sure to sooth what ail's.

I already have my pot going with Chicken stock I just made fresh. To that I add Mirepoix a Bay Leaf or two some Salt and fresh cracked Pepper and let steep. Next I'll sort the Alphabet's complementary from the post above being sure to pick out any cracked, burned and undesirable's. Now it's time to add the letter's and a tablet of lithium in with the base and cover for 5 minutes.

Times up so let's uncover. Behold!, but first a taste test. With my spoon in hand I slurp up the goodness. Mm, that's good. See if you agree?

"7 years ago today we lost what was Johnie's Broiler. With Jim Louder, Adriene, Analisa & of course the HAMB, City of Downey and myself (Kevin) it has and will continue on making memories!!!!! Thank you"

Now that's a remembrance in good taste. :)

18. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Hey there to the other 47. Take'n the 56 out and when I get to where I'm going. Beer me cuz it's warm out side :D

19. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Well, there's a cruise nite tomorrow eve, it's supposed to be 82 degrees tomorrow so drive on out and cruise the broiler!

20. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Hank and Larry from Sweden, Thank's for coming down Broiler while here in California for the GNRS.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  21. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

There's something Fishy going on at the Broiler and no one has the answer either. Mac Heath, he's to blame. Cuz "he keep's it, ah, out of sight". Heck, even the staff don't remember the Juke Box. Well until the Juke Box makes it back from, call it, "The Abyss" I'm just going to do my best to keep it alive. To help me with the forgotten and trying to keep things alive, I give you all this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLD8Dkx9W50

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  22. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Wow, you even posted the exact model!!!!!!

23. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

24. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

That's it and it's back in place now. Just out for some TLC was all. The kids are a little rough to say the least. They like banging on the keys like Jerry Lee Lewis :eek:

25. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Glad to see that it's repaired��, that's Jim's baby!
    The weather is looking great for a cruise over to Downey on Weds!
    Come on out to the Broilers Cruise Nite!!!!!!!
    It happens every Weds!!!!!!!!

26. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Sound like you need to get em a piano out in the parking lot.....:eek:

[​IMG]

27. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Keith, while were on the topic of abuse let us not forget Kevin's anniversary of being here on earth of 50 years thus far. I'll start out by giving the first whack of 50 well deserved ones.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.