Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eastwood & Barakat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Barakat, Apr 30, 2011.

1. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Remember when collage and high school kids from the 60s tried to see how many people could get in a phone booth? (you do remember those don't you?) Well set a date and we will all show up for a photo opt and see if we can all get in the cedan.................................

2. Nope ... Their website actually shows the Doane Spencer roadster as the newsstand ("street") cover:

[​IMG]

... and also specifies this:

3. It was really a lot of fun, too! Not only seeing one of our favorite cars coming back to life, but also, it was fun corresponding to each other on this build thread. Strangers became friends, and I think that we all shared a common bond. Guys went out of their way to find some of the obscure parts that the original car had, and it became a treasure hunt that was really cool to be a part of. I enjoyed it very much.

And Thank You Rick for mentioning the HAMB in the TRJ article. That was cool.

4. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Alex(Flat-N-Low)-
    All the guys I have met from the HAMB have been really generous in many ways. I know that I have made life long friends that even if I don't see them for a long time, when I do, I know it will feel like we didn't miss a beat. The common bond that started this was the E&B Sedan. It goes much deeper than that. I hope over the next few years I have a chance to meet all of you in person. Everyone I have already met in person has been the type of guy I am proud to call my friend. I've met guys in person from 5 different countries and about 20 different states. It amazes me the impact the HAMB had in this project. I know the project would have been done without the HAMB but not as quick and definitely not as much fun. The humor expressed on this thread is second to none and all done in good spirits(even though a little harsh at times). Like I like to say,"sometimes your the pinata and sometimes your the bat".

Pete has said several times that it is my responsibility to take the Sedan places for the public to see, much like he does with the Old Master (the dragster not Pete). That is the reason I am keeping this thread going so I keep you informed of where the Sedan will be so I can meet more of you and have you see the finished product in person. So for now, the Sedan will be at the Mooneyes event on December 7th at Irwindale Raceway and at the GNRS in Pomona in January. I need to branch out farther from SoCal so if you know of any events that the Sedan will fit in at, please let me know.
    Rick

5. DanGrippo

DanGrippo
    from Mohnton PA

Well being as you guys made the cover, I think a trip east to Pimlico is in order for '14. Do us right coast guys a solid!

6. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Rick , you're welcome to join us next August for our week long tour to Pleasanton via 395 , June Lake , Yosemite , Lake Tahoe and who know what else . There might also be a cool private tour of a very unique collection. Might be a nice warm up for your Canada trip !

7. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Got my copy of TRJ today. Doane Spencer roadster is on the front cover with the E&B sedan on the back cover. No matter how I lay it down when finished reading I have a good looking hotrod to look at. Great story of Rick and Pete that they should be proud of.....................

8. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Just got a call from the GNRS and they said I could either be in the suede palace or outside. I passed on both of those. Halibrands are tough enough to keep shiny without leaving them outside in January. They said they would see if they could fit it in elsewhere.

9. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Thanks for the update. Sounds like good thinking on your part............................

10. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Today just isn't my day. I guess I've been out of the Hot Rod scene too long. I found out that you need a reservation to go to the Mooneyes event and race your car. I never remember having to "reserve" a spot at a rod run that is open to the public. They did say I could drive in but there is no room in the pits. I won't go and not have a place to work on the Sedan so it appears I won't be going. Lesson learned. I guess I miss the "old days" when all you had to do was show up, run your car and have fun.:(

11. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Bummer man...Events become successful and they get, well, big. Good, bad or whatever. Stuff changes. Hope to see the sedan at the GNRS. Hopefully they can figure their schitt out! It HAS to be in one of the main buildings.
    jeeeez....

12. That sucks! I have been to the Mooneyes event for the past two years, and it has completely outgrown the Irwindale Speedway. They really need to move it to somewhere bigger, like Pomona. We went last year with Brad's '49, and got in line at 5:30 am, only to be turned away when we finally made it to the gate a few hours later. We had to park in spectator parking, and although I still had a OK time, it left a bad taste, especially when you see stock, late model cars in the show area taking up spaces where hot rods should be.

13. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Flat-N-Low-
    Are you going this year? I'll bring some coffee and an umbrella for you while you're waiting in line!:D

14. No, not going this year. I'm going to stay home and work on the '64. 'Gotta get that thing done.

15. jalopy45

jalopy45

btt/ Is there going to be a JEEM designed shirt of the sedan on the horizon?

16. Flake32

Flake32

Hi Rick
    Power Magazine with the story is out now so
    you can show that now. I will be back after New Year
    with a copy for you.

Bo

17. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

jalopy45- (Gary)

I sure hope so. It would be nice to have them made by the GNRS.

Bo-

I don't think you've shared it with me yet. I've been practicing my Swedish in anticipation!
    Can you post some of it?

Rick

18. Flake32

Flake32

I did mail you the layout for the five pages
    that was featured in Power Magazine, before I left.
    I don´t have it here, but maybe I can scan it and email you.

Bo

19. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Bo-
    If you could scan it, that would be great. I'm sure the HAMB guys would be interested in seeing it.
    Rick

20. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

21. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Setting on the edge of my recliner-waiting.......................

22. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Just a reminder for the local folks.
    The Holiday Motor Excursion is December 29th at Irwindale Speedway.
    The gates open at 7 A.M. Last year we had over 250 cars participate. All pre 1932
    and many pre 1916 Horseless Carriages. They all leave on a local tour around 9:30.
    These are drivers, not trailer queens although the restorations on many of them are phenomenal.

Maybe Pete would like to share a little history of this amazing event. (it was started by his family over 50 years ago)

Hope to see you there.
    Rick

23. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

I went to the Holiday Motor Excursion the past two years and it was time well spent. You'll see cars and motorcycles that you rarely see in museums and collections, much less actually being driven on the street. Lots of fun to see and to talk to the owners....

24. THANKS for the reminder Rick!!!!
    See ya guys there...............cw.

25. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Holler at me, Rick, right after Christmas and we'll make this t-shirt art happen!

26. ...here's my quicky sketch of the 32; one of my favorite Deuces.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  27. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Jeem-
    Sounds good. Thanks!

rusty1-
    Great sketch! I'll consider that a Christmas present.

Thanks again to one and all and Merry Christmas. I don't know how next year can be any better for me, but that is my wish for all of you!

Rick

28. Thanks Rick, Merry Xmas!

29. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Rick&Pete merry Christmas to you guys and everyone that has contributed to this thread. I have looked forward to it all year and next year also................

30. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Yes guys, Merry Christmas to one and all. It has been a pleasure to ride along.