Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who re pops 35 -36 3w front floors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ball and Chain, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Ball and Chain

Ball and Chain
    from Nor Cal

Besides Bradley who re pops 35 -36 ford floors that somewhat resemble the originals (stock firewall stock transmission). Are the bob drake ones alright? cant seem to find a pic of the original style. A lot of people fix these floors, but not a lot of infor, or is it just me?

2. GEEZZER

GEEZZER

Took a long time to get my Paul Bradley floor pans, but worth the wait. fit perfect and look like original.

3. Bishop Welding

Bishop Welding
    from USA

I've been waiting two years for a callback from Bradley. How long was your wait ??

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Paul Bradley's are worth the wait. They are practically hand made. The way he does them is absolutely insane. No 100 ton press here......each bead is done by hand. Crazy and beautiful.

5. Ball and Chain

Ball and Chain
    from Nor Cal

This seems to be the general consensus, so where do I go if I wanna drive my car before I'm 30?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

6. Ball and Chain

Ball and Chain
    from Nor Cal

7. Ball and Chain

Ball and Chain
    from Nor Cal

bump? Anyone have some floor pieces for me?

Attached Files:

8. Normbc9

Normbc9

Try: c2creproductions in the Detroit area. They have some complete floor pans made up. I bought a truck floor pan for a '58 Chrysler 300 last year and it was good work and materials. I wish I could find it but they do have a catalog and they have a extensive line of reproduction floor materials.
    Normbc9

9. Normbc9

Normbc9

Bell & Chain,
    Try c2cfabricators.com This is who I referred to in the previous post. They are in the Detroit area and they are very good with their customers. Not only did they do a floor pan for me but also some rocker replacements for a '41 Chevy Master coupe. The fit took some work (what doesn't?) and I was very happy.
    Normbc9

10. 58Lincoln

58Lincoln

About 5 years ago I used floor repair panels for my 36 Ford coupe from Bitchin Products which was sold and is now Absolute Sheet Metal. The panels were 16 ga. steel, pretty heavy duty and fit well. As for how they look, who's going to see them? I guess you could wait 2 years.

I believe Bob Drake is selling Absolute Sheet Metal products because the part numbers are the same.

Good Luck, Have Fun.

11. lowtech36rod

lowtech36rod
    from Kentucky

I used bitchin floors in mine. Fit great. No wait time. Reasonably priced

12. cbillelder

cbillelder

Dick Spadaro in Altamont, NY lists the replacement floor pieces in his catalog.
    (www.dickspadaro.com) (1-800-222-3248)
    I haven't personally bought these parts from him, but I've bought plenty of other parts including sheet metal with no complaints. I think he's a good dealer with lots of stuff, including some NOS. Give him a try.
    Bill

13. ems customer service

ems customer service

14. Ball and Chain

Ball and Chain
    from Nor Cal

yours don't look like they are for a stock tranny???

15. I know that th general concensus is that the floors must look stock but a little carpet or even ribbed rubber mat is traditional as hell and covers a multitude of ugly.

If it were me and I wanted to drive the car in this decade I would choose a company with a good reputation that has a decent turn around and build my car or make them myself.

A notice from a concerned citizens that would like everone to drive their car before they are 30.

I am the 'beaner and I approve this message. ;)

16. Ball and Chain

Ball and Chain
    from Nor Cal

i wish they had 35-36 pans but they dont!

17. Ball and Chain

Ball and Chain
    from Nor Cal

They only do 41 and up!

18. Ball and Chain

Ball and Chain
    from Nor Cal

bitchin direct sheet metal and ems = i cant use my stock toe boards and trans cover.

Back to the drawing board i guess!

19. ems customer service

ems customer service

hate to be rough but, look at your photo, the front floor is gone partially cut up, from the photo the floor that is left has rust holes in it. it all has to be replaced, your stuck on trying to save some obscure pieces that really don't mean much when you complete a cool car. get a floor kit and just get it done

20. Ball and Chain

Ball and Chain
    from Nor Cal

if it wasnt for that unnecessary trans hump i would have bought a kit today

21. ems customer service

ems customer service

Originally Posted by ems customer service
    hate to be rough but, look at your photo, the front floor is gone partially cut up, from the photo the floor that is left has rust holes in it. it all has to be replaced, your stuck on trying to save some obscure pieces that really don't mean much when you complete a cool car. get a floor kit and just get it done

the trans hump is needed to properly repair front floor, let go back to the above qoute, if you are trying to make the shifter look original it is not a problem. but your stuck on a issue , researched the options but have not gotten the answer you want, ok i have done the same many times but have moved on when needed.

the trans hump that is included in the kit is enlarged to accept a automatic, a very common upgrade, also while the present retro movement of using a flathead with original tranny is popular, the use of a flathead with a t5 or auto is just as popular. your orig trans will fit,

if you decide later to change engine or trans after you have owned the car for awhile and we all do it, then you can (or next owner) fit the trans with out cutting up a done car and damage to the interior work, it will add value to the car.

long term planning is the worst part of car building when i built my 37 ford , brent the owner of fatmans fab beat the topic into my head with out mercy.

and yes he was right i needed to deal with issue's i really did not want to cause i had a dream and want the project to move on, but in the end it was those issues that made the rest of the project go well

the ems guy

Attached Files:

22. Ball and Chain

Ball and Chain
    from Nor Cal

I don't want to go back and forth here and I appreciate the advice. But if I was in the market of making replacement sheetmetal, I would at least offer the stock style floors, if I was going to go through the trouble to research pieces for a car. They make the exact panels for the 35-36 quater, cowl, tailpan, door, and rocker. These cars are suppose to be the holy grail (not just because I own one) the floors are just as common as a rust issue as the other correct patch panels that are readily available. But for some reason a number of suppliers just offer a street rod version, seems kinda silly. I guess someday someone will realize everyone of these post is about bradley pans and the wait time, if people are willing to wiat 2 years it might be time to mass produce them correctly and corner the market? But hey i'm not in the sheetmetal business and what do I know anyway???

23. sinticket

sinticket

l

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. luckystiff

luckystiff

As a Direct Sheet Metal Dealer I have to agree with EMS GUY. the floors he, dsm, and others offer with the trans hump you don't like can and have been used with stock many times. in a reproduction mode they are a better idea as you CAN use stock trans or later manual or auto. opening your customer base up a good bit. producing floors that will only accept stock trans narrows your market. With what it cost to produce these parts the more universal is gonna win. would it be great if it were economical to do both so you can please everyone. sure it would but sometimes you gotta use what you can get. or if you want to be really picky wait the apparent 2 year time frame for the more correct or have made/make them yourself. anything is possible if you throw enough money at it.

I've sold several of the DSM kits for these cars with nothing but positive feedback....Ken....

25. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is a guy in Pfluggerville, Texas, who repops '35-'36 3-w doors, but only the rear ones.

26. Here's a couple of ideas.

If you need stone stock floors, find a 4dr with good floors and cut them out and part out the the rest of the 4dr, unless you really overpay for the 4dr, you could even come out money ahead. Last summer we parted out a $500 Craigslist '36 4dr and ended up with $2300 and some good parts we kept for ourselves.

If you don't mind aftermarket floors, just get a set of them and instead of using the hump, fabricate the front section to match up with the stock toe boards etc. Of course you will also have to figure out the seat tracks as the stock '35-'36 won't fit a flat floor.

Or better yet, instead of spending the money on a kit, spend it on some tools and fabricate the floors yourself, it's only sheet metal and if you already have the skills to put in the Bradley floors, you should be able to do the whole job.