Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bomber seats,aircraft seats

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Motorvator, Mar 7, 2013.

1. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Those seats are beautiful.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

2. brady1929

brady1929

Wow Rex, I love those seats

3. Cut up DC3 seats - started off as in picture 1 and I deconstructed them and added some laser cut parts. They adjust for rake using a wheels on the side.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Damn blackjack I love those freaking seats and the supports are just TOO COOL!!

5. The supports were made from bits left over from the original seats. It was full of clevis joint, aluminium tubing and really nice quality fasteners plus loads of other useful bits like bell cranks that I used to make a throttle linkage.

I've got aircraft quality quick release pip pins to hold it all together and I'm going to make seat squabs from the original leather and a couple of gel pads from wheelchairs. The padded back cushions still fit the backrest.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  6. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

looks lovely but the dog doent look comfortable

7. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

make that 20 miles

8. 32 for me

32 for me
    from SO. CAL.

Here's mine, I'm not done with them yet.

Attached Files:

9. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

[​IMG]

Took mine to the local trim shop to have some pads made. Went Friday to pick them up. I picked out some distressed naugahyde in a tan color and was really excited to pick them up. I guess it is partly my fault, I thought they understood better than I did about what I wanted. They are going in the trash. 220 bucks down the drain. I was trying to save time by having someone else do it for me, I guess I will have to do it myself. What they could do in 4 hours will probably take me a week. The good thing is though I was going to have them cover the metal hard top that made and after a long discussion I decided they cannot do it the way that I want. Makes me appreciate more the guys that have their cars built and the troubles they have trying to get the builder to "see" their vision.

10. markjaramillo

markjaramillo

Whate are those seats out of ?

11. rexrogers

rexrogers