Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects any ideas on way to go on build?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by djweaz, Dec 14, 2013.

1. trying to decide which way to go on latest build torn between making it a normal 55 Victoria a custom or a gasser here are my points and reasonings
    1. Normal 55 Victoria I can try to get it into some movies which would be really fun. I like the look of not hacked up vehicles, More than a custom style
    2. Slight custom Continental kit Fender skirts hubcaps and such. If this were a CRown Victoria I might swing this way but it is a Victoria not as much Chrome.
    3 Stocky beefy Late 50s early 60s look shiny Cragar s/s meaty tires and a lump. Something my dad might have built in High school as a first car on a tight budget (same tight budget I have now haha) not a post car makes this kind of iffy to me for some reason post to me fir rhw meaty beat the hell out of it on the track or the street 2 dr Hard top almost seems like a shinier look
    4 GASSER!! Straight axle diamond tuck and roll pleated interior roll bar straight axle lifted and ladders bars in the back ,Graphics lots in the back thin 10 spoke in the front . I dont think I could cut my wheel wells out in good conscience though. One hell of a lump
    did some searches came axross ones like the Galpin Gassser along the lines I want. Growing up around Chuck Finders and wrenching on some of his cars he built I love gassers esp. the Willys & Anglias. I grew up building them as models (still do at 44 hahah)

My tastes go more towards wrenching and cruisins and daily driver if I feel like it so I wouldnt want to hinder any of that. Just like the kids in the 50s-60s drive them to school all week drag them on the weekends. My biggest problem is being that hard on them I dont like to break things being racing Hard on them much more like the look. When I drag raced would break my heart if I blew the engine meant I would be down a while and not out the next day or week driving.

My car is overall completley stock with the exception og the FE 390. I do plan on updating some things on it though making it safer as a driver for one the 1 barrell brake booster. I never did like the thought of one for all all for one brake loss , so I plan on putting a 66 mustang brake booster on itand also eliminating that pressure switch brake light system. Other than things like that maybe eventually some front disc brakes for better stopping. Not trying to get a modern car in anyway shape or form but safety is key to me considering my family rides with me

Thanks DJ Weaz

2. Wedgehead426

Wedgehead426

I think you already know which way you want to go. But if it were mine I would go with the Gasser. You got to go the way you want to go though.

3. Super hard to decide Gasser is a no turn back type of thing but I would be pretty original with it considering the amount of 2 time blue and white pink& white red & white & black & whites you see at shows

4. Wedgehead426

Wedgehead426

If you are going to do a Gasser, picture it in a Orange metal flake. With a Orange tint on the windows.

5. eppster

eppster

If I saw a 55' or 56' Ford cruising in the late 50's or early 60's heres what I would have seen : lowered in front, chrome wheels or maybe 57' Plmouth cone wheel covers , smoothed hood and trunk, Lee Plastics tail lights, a bar grille and a nice paint job. In other words a mild custom daily driver ! That model Ford has great lines and I had several friends that owned them. To me the gasser look is more for shock value and really we didn't see much of it on the street except for raised fronts and front bumpers off during the mid 60's. Front straight axles were rare on the street except for cars that came from the factory with them.