Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shane's '31 Coupe Build Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shane85, Mar 18, 2012.

1. shane85

shane85

I was having a hard time staying motivated at the house so I talked to my friend Tedd down at the Moody Machine Welding & Fabrication so I brought the car down to his shop for a few months. We worked on it non-stop and he helped push me to get the car where it needed to be. Here are a few pictures -- not done quite yet but I drove it around the block a few times!

Attached Files:

2. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    from Illinois

Looks good cant wait to go for a ride

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. pila38

pila38

Looking very nice! I love the wheel and tire choice.

4. Lurk king

Lurk king

Tre badass!
    What are the rest of your plans for it?
    Shiny paint and all the bells and whistles? Or are you gonna leave it mostly the way it is?
    Because its got some seriously sinister vibes going on right now and I think it looks awesome.

5. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Is there anything more memorable than the first ride under its own power? Nice job and good luck with it.

6. Bluedot

Bluedot

Nice work, Shane! Glad to see another fan of Riley frames. They had some business problems a few years back apparently, but more recently there seem to be only good opinions. I used the same frame (4" sweep, 8" Z) for my coupe and have been very pleased. Similar look/stance to yours, though different drivetrain and not as nice.
    Looks like you don't have glass yet. Be sure to contact Chris Blattie ("Glassman" here on HAMB). Check his testimonials - he is absolutely terrific.

7. shane85

shane85

Thank you!

8. looks good dude, get it ready and we will hit the streets.

9. Looks good. I'm in the middle of a 31 truck build.

10. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Sorry, dont like the soggy back end. Level the body & Raise the rearend, it'll look more HotRod.

11. shane85

shane85

I feel weird writing a story like this because I always feel weird seeing posts about people's emotional things related to hot rods on the HAMB but now I understand.
    I've been building my hot rod for six or seven years now and my best friend who lives a few doors down the street from me has helped me out all along the way. His father was an old hot rodder who has been confined to a wheel chair with MS and pretty much lived at home for the past 17 years. My fiancé and I bought a house five months ago and it meant a lot to me to show the car to his father before we moved. His dad and I always talked hot rods when I was a kid so it meant a lot to me to get the car running and driving and show it to his dad. So in early October, I was finally able to drive the car over to his house. I came around the bend in the road, open headers roaring and the blower whining and as I pulled up to his house, I saw his dad sitting in the driveway in his wheel chair with a huge smile on his face. Long story short, he passed away a couple days ago and it really meant a lot to me to be able to show him the car. His dad was like a dad to me and it was really cool to show him the car and I got to put a smile on his face when I haven't seen him smile like that in a long time. I never thought a car could do that.

12. That's awesome man. That is what its all about. Don't feel weird about writing stuff like that. What we do is VERY emotional. That's a cool thing you did there and I'm sure it meant a lot to him as well.

Good on you man,

Hack

13. shane85

shane85