Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1934 3 window HighBoy Build Begins

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by geoking, Dec 12, 2012.

1. I must've missed it somewhere in the thread, but what are the tire sizes?

Awesome build... You've really nailed the '60's drag theme, but with waaay more detailing than a fuel coupe probably would've had back then. :)

BTW, The red lines make it look a bit like an overgrown Hot Wheels... Which I kinda like. But it's not for everyone.... Or every car.

2. geoking

geoking

Just Gary,

Here you go....Front's 24x7.50x15 and the rear's 31x12.50x15
    When the rears are mounted they are 13.4 inches wide!

http://www.hoosiertire.com/pdfs/prostr.pdf if you want to look them up.
    stock numbers are 19030 and 19275
    Regards,
    George

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  3. todztoyz

todztoyz

George, all three of those renderings are killer. I'd have a hard time picking one. The tires are really the easiest thing you could have to correct.(if you have to) Do you have a completion date?

4. geoking

geoking

Drop Dead Must Complete by January 21st! GNRS set up is the 23rd.
    Regards,
    George

5. geoking

geoking

I enjoyed my visit with the Custom Auto team Saturday. We exchanged tires and wheels. ( pictures attached). Dustin and Fred were wet sanding and are getting close to have color on the body. Josh dropped by with his wife and son. It was a great visit.

Rex, Pete and I ran a side errand and I purchased a 1958 Chevy short fleetside bed that had been converted into a trailer. Pretty decent shape and it will eventual make it easier for me to build a big back window fleetside for the Mrs. Now I just need to find the right truck to build. grin

Regards,
    George[/QUOTE]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  6. geoking

geoking

PAINT UPDATE:

I spoke with Rex this afternoon and the wet sanding has come to a point of completion. Fred is masking the shell for paint while Dustin is prepping the booth for anticipated color add tomorrow. Josh can't wait as he is ready to get on the assembly. IE:.....time is getting short.

Regards,
    George

7. loudbang

loudbang

Wheels & tires look great.

8. geoking

geoking

Thank you Loud Bang,

She is ready to paint. The booth has been cleaned, new filters installed, the body masked and Dustin will have color on her before lunch. The first thing is sealer. After it flashes off in about 30 min., the color base coat(s) is applied.
    Regards,
    George

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  9. geoking

geoking

And here you go......base coat completed. NO thin spots and Dustin is mixing up his clear now.
    Regards,
    George

Attached Files:

10. alchemy

alchemy

11. geoking

geoking

Alchemy,
    You're too funny...I am waiting as well and I will receive pictures after they open the booth up ,...LATER THIS AFTERNOON. tic.. toc ..tic.. toc. The wait is killing me.She is so lonely in there. smile

Then it will be "wait" for a couple of days before any buffing "IF NEEDED". At best case, Josh will get the body from Dustin Saturday and worst case will be Monday.

I will post updated pictures in a few hours.

George

12. farmer12

farmer12

The suspense is killing us. AND?? We need pics now George!

13. geoking

geoking

David,
    Somebody snuck into the booth to take pictures for us, but has now been ousted for the next 24 hours....
    Regards,
    George

Attached Files:

14. geoking

geoking

final 3 pictures...

Attached Files:

15. Oh man that looks good! Those are some straight panels. Kudos to the guys doing the body work!!

16. ezdusit

ezdusit

George,
    You must be a proud new Papa!

17. geoking

geoking

Good Morning Bob,
    Yes, proud like I know you are on your progress at Dan's. I keep up on your site! smile.

I have attached a couple of pictures of Josh with the gas cap. He is keeping on the detail work of having all my finned items with satin black grooves.

I think we are still missing the spreader bar end caps and need to have them machined.

Regards,
    George

Attached Files:

18. ScooterCO

ScooterCO
    from Parker, CO

Drop dead gorgeous!
    Love the color. I am envious. Congratulations!

19. geoking

geoking

Scooter,
    The paint has cured enough to allow wet sanding. The masked beltlines are to avoid inadvertent scratches.
    regards,
    George

Attached Files:

20. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I never thought of it till now, but I bet it's a real chore to sand and buff/polish around louvers. Paint looks great!

21. geoking

geoking

s55merc...
    Dustin and Fred have been slowly but surely working around the dreaded louvers. There are 353 of them.

I think Dustin needed a break away from the louvers as he started at the bottom of the coupe and is working up on the wet sand and buffing. Fred's in the back ground working on a door in the last picture while Dustin is moving the buffer on the passenger cowl. The plan is to get the body shell on the chassis to get Josh busy on assembly ASAP.
    Regards,
    George

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  22. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

this car is so rad.

i might have to buy a plane ticket and go to GNRS just to see it.

23. geoking

geoking

Thank you Mark,
    Trust you are well. I made the run up to Loveland today as I haven't seen the paint first hand and needed to take the M/T valve covers up, along with the shaft required to spin the oil pump via the disty intermediate shaft hole. This is how you prime your early Hemi oil system AS you rotate the engine.
    Fred was spraying poly on the dash and radiator side panels. Dustin came in with a goal of finishing the buff out today and having the body ready for moving onto the chassis Monday. This will be after the oil prime asit's easier to access with the body off.

We slipped the M/T covers on and found that the studs need to be about 2 inches longer. Minor matter but just one more little detail.
    I snapped the picture below and then put the Obrien's back on in order to keep trash out of the engine.....IE: they have loom covers. I didn't stay long as I was interfering with progress.

Next , I made a short run to Greeley and loaded up a 1960 348 Chevy which I had purchased for a future project build. I tore the top down this afternoon to find lots of water/ rust which I hope will clean up at .030 over. I will pull the crank tomorrow and then knock the pistons out of her. I hope this block is usable as it isn't much fun tearing down boat anchors. grin.

Regards,
    George

Attached Files:

24. rexrogers

rexrogers

We ended up mounting the body on the car, looking it over and taking some measurements priming the oiling system with the body on won't be a problem, Fred and Dustin have another batch ready for final prime.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

26. geoking

geoking

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  27. daddio211

daddio211

28. 32-cabriolet

32-cabriolet
    from Gilbert Az

I look forward to seeing it at the GRNS!!!!

29. geoking

geoking

Thank you Daddio and 32-Cab,

I asked Josh to send me a thumb nail so that the picture could be up-sized.
    See attached. He is working on completing the fuel system install this morning.
    George

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  30. rcnut223

rcnut223
    from wisconsin

WOW!! Love it!