Register now to get rid of these ads!

Electric shifter motors, has anyone else used them? Edsel teletouch

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PTO, Nov 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PTO

PTO
    from CA

To carl la fong,
    Why I mentioned fiberglass is because that is what the typical person of today who doesn't know a damn thing thinks a hot rod is. A large pile of money that he can't work on himself, but he will certainly take it to car shows and pretend he did.

Now, for the edsel system. You or anyone really can't say it wasn't used. I myself have done itm I have seen others do it, and of course many more that i haven't seen or even heard of have done it. It was so cool back then that many used it, parts of it were even used in the damn batmobile.
    The system was actually not bad, it was troublesome as many things were back then, but easily fixed and maintained. To say that no one uses it then or today is just stupid.

To Straightpipes:
    you are right, the high end 56 Packard had a similar system. It was pretty bad though. I have made several conversions for people who want to keep their packard looking original with the push buttons, but still drivable. So I helped them make it so they could use the edsel shifter motor on the packard. From top it looks the same, and going under, most people would never know the difference.

TO Barobert:
    If you have any issues with your edsel, feel free to ask and I would be happy to help. The common issue is the small "park" relay on the firewall going bad, or the inhibitor switch. Many times, it is also the person who rebuilt it at one point who didn't know how, so they messed with the engine and killed it in one way or another. I get many motors, and they have been destroyed by the previous owner.

I hope you all like the picture. Steering wheel and speedometer are 58 edsel.

[​IMG]

2. barobert

barobert
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool picture I like it, also I like the teletouch even if I had problems with it.

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Closing this instead of deleting it... Look at those dudes in the pink lace panties!

Fighting on the Internet is sooo lame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.