Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Before and after opinions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ironbutt, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Super Squirrel

Super Squirrel
    from Denver

2. What? :confused: so I take it you are a oracle?

You are on a traditional hot rod site telling us steel wheels,bias ply tires,multiple carburetors will go away again..they never left and with the Hamb membership I highly doubt they ever will! HRP

3. bscc50

bscc50
    from n.e.

pull the hood off the red one and your done!

4. Steve!

Steve!
    BANNED
    from at the gym

Haha! well there goes one more youth that won't be interested!

5. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

first one looks like a belly button car . love the black one

6. I will also go with the red car. Looks 100% better. Since this is solicitation of opinions, I think you should put it back the way it was..:D

7. bustedwrench

bustedwrench

I see two cars that I like on different merits. But the black version is my personal favorite.

8. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

9. Bikertrash

Bikertrash
    from Boise

I think you have to be careful when you ask for opinions. People will give them to you. I say build the car how you like it and enjoy it. I'm sure that you put a lot of time and money into building it like you wanted.

10. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

I think the car looked better when it was red with fenders.

11. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

I am glad you are impressed with your black car, it is yours! Its is not to my liking with the headers and the four bar setup or the tires. I will go with the RED-------Gary

12. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

remember this is a traditional hot rod forum.the red version is far more traditional as far as my eye can see.sometimes less is more.i like the red one.

13. Steve!

Steve!
    BANNED
    from at the gym

haha the black one does look like this! er ..wait...ahh nevermind

[​IMG]

14. 59 brook

59 brook

if you cut up the red car to make the black one that was a waste in my opinion. i would rather drive my car then pose with my car and the red one seems way more practical and comfortable. the black one is nice in its own way

15. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

They're both cool! They definitely send different messages and reflect different eras and ways of thinking, though I respect both. I prefer to lean more toward the traditional side, though I can see where the latter two photos are coming from. I see quite a few rods like that in my area (Maine). Though I wish there'd be more traditional rods too!

16. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

Very very true, that's what it all comes down to really! Everyone's car is their own personal canvas, free to express what they want and pick a direction to go with. As Ricky Nelson says, you can't please everyone but you can at least try to please yourself! Okay enough reflection from me haha

17. Now see ironbutt, (candy ass & tissue paper skin seems more appropriate but anyway) everyone here likes the red car better. So you can call me a dick and say what you want about the black car you built , or you could say you took the black car and gave it back its dignity by creating the red one and everyone would love you. Then you'd have to put it back the way it was before fucking it up. Or you could fix the black car.

In all honesty and sincerity I thought you actually did take the black car and make the red one. That's partially because when I first saw this " before and after" post, there were only pics of the black car. This is why I commented on being a trick question. Then pics of the red one showed up. Black = before and red = after is not what happened but that's what I get for thinking like a dick. I really thought you built a cool red coupe out of some fuggly ass slapped together pile of shit.

18. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

No question, red full fendered looks great !

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. ElSupremo

ElSupremo

My vote is for the red. It's got that timeless, classic look.

20. Oh yeah, almost forgot :D

21. ev88f

ev88f

I'd walk right past the black one to look at the red one

22. christopher 78

christopher 78

i really think both are kinda dated! the black one could look better! at least it doesnt look like some air conditioned good guys hauler! should have known better than to ask for opinions around this place!at least you built it by hand not a computer!

23. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I like the highboy better than the full fendered car. I, personally would change a thing or two on it, just like everyone else. So here is one more vote for the black version.

24. youngsspeed

youngsspeed

Definitely the black one for me, if I have to pick between the two. I am just not a fender guy. But would prefer the motor set up more 60's race looking, much less shine. Magnesium wheels, ooohh yeah

25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

AFB's arent shiny...Oh wait, you mean those f*cking Edelbrock thingies...Those arent afb's they're afb knock-offs!:D

26. fleet-master

fleet-master

my point ...and it's only MY OPINION :D is that the black version (being fenderless,exposed engine,etc) looks a bit more youthful and rumpty.
    IMO the red version ,while undoubtedly very traditional, just looks more sedate....unless it had a blown hemi under that hood :D ;)

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

This is sorta like when I hear my daughter say shit that I have said. This just makes my old black heart shine like the star on top of my Christmas tree. I like to feel that I have played some small role here. Oh, and the front wheels on that black car you posted look like shit.:D
    I am SO GLAD I opened this thread, I will sleep well tonight...:p

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  28. Black one looks to billet, blingy and gold chainer, If I saw it at a show I would walk the other way. That's my opinion and you asked for it!

29. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Well opinions are Personal. But if you gave me the red one I'd cherish and drive it for ever. The black one doesn't do it for me. Reminds me how hotrods were in the eighties.
    But it's your car and it has to please you, not a load of know-it-alls in the Internet. There's plenty of them out there for everyone to build one to his taste. You built yours, good on you. Your only mistake was to ask our opinion;-)
    Ed

Twitter @edsrodshop

30. And now I will throw a spanner in the works, I would ditch the " I wanta be a '32 " grille and replace with either a chrome original or even a painted original. I too would have the red one parked in the garage but only until I had changed the grille then I would drive the wheels off it. Now this is only my humble opinion too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.