Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 55 Olds Ad from Craigslist "funny"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by leadsled, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Ha, Ha....That's a good ad. The cars pretty cool too. It would be better if it had a 394 Olds, though.

2. oldolds

oldolds

Sounds like an honest description to me!

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Hmmm. 350 Chevy in a 56 olds? Methinks someone probably knows more about pumpkin lattes than he's letting on...:D

4. 1941coupe

1941coupe

check out the impala steering wheel

5. He has a point. A guy can really get sick of all the bullshit it takes to sell a good reliable hobby car these days.

6. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

this has been floating around the internet for a month or more.

why hasn't somebody on HAMB bought the Olds?

7. That was funny.... !!!

8. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

Hahaaa

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

I had no idea they ran moonshine in Colorado.

10. raidmagic

raidmagic

That is a direct rip off from a Jeep ad that was on Cl earlier this year, they just changed all the important info to match the car

11. i think the same guy had a jeep for sale a few months back.
    still funny.
    raid majic types faster then me.

12. BigChief

BigChief

Gotta watch out for those 350's. They end up in everything....even Fords! :eek:

13. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Not a fan of a Chevrolds but the ad is right on point!

14. I am too far to go look at it. If he would ship it to Maryland at his expense I would gladly test drive it, check it out and offer him less than he wants.

15. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

way to much time on his hands to type all that shit!!!!

16. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Funnier than the ad.:D

17. belair

belair

Makes me miss my black and blue one.

18. CadillacMat

CadillacMat

Because there a lot of pumpkin latte drinkers on here hahaha j/k :rolleyes:

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. williebill

williebill

Yep, had that Jeep ad forwarded to me months ago. Same ad, different car and seller

20. Funny I had the same idea !

Saved it for future use .

Here's the deal, kids:

This is a 1955 Olds Rocket 88. This is not a luxury SUV, or a maintenance-free disposable import. It is solid, has wind noise, and character.
    It's a Hot Rod. It rides/drives like a Hot Rod. All of these are GOOD things.
    It is not new, it is not pristine, but it is from Co and it's Cool!

If you do not own a toolbox, have never changed your own oil, and are scared of firearms: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
    If you have been posting on facebook about how excited you are for pumpkin latte season: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
    If you get offended easy and often, whine to your co-workers, and bitch a lot: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
    If you feel you are owed anything in the world & have a bullshit job where you fail to produce: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
    If you own a bieber album, white oakleys, affliction t-shirts, or those candy-assed stitched-pocket jeans: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
    If you consider the 2nd Amendment a relic and have never owned a firearm: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.

If, however, you have BALLS OF STEEL, this Hot Rod is for you.
    Do you laugh at danger, and tempt fate?
    Have you ever uttered the words, "Hold my beer and watch this ..."?
    While bored at work do you pick targets at random and think, "I could hit that from here with the .22 ..."?
    Have any of your friends quit hanging out because you were too much fun?
    Do you have the number of a friend with cash memorized for bail?
    When you pass an abandoned flatbed farm truck along a fenceline do you consider taking on another project?
    Is your ol' lady really sick of the random piles of parts, greasy footprints, and empty beer bottles in the garage?
    -could you not care less?
    Do you own a service manual for every vehicle you ever owned?
    Do you still miss your first ride? ( mine was a '70 Chevelle)
    Can you carry on a two hour conversation discussing tools, scars, and hi-lift jacks?
    Remember when tool companies had the balls to put half-naked beauty queens on their calendars?
    Do you consider the Prius an abominable affront to the Gods of displacement, torque, and All Mighty Internal Combustion?

If you answered in the affirmative to the preceding: This is your kind of hot rod!

DETAILS:

-The badass little SBC 350 4 bolt main is bullet-proof and starts and runs like the proverbial champ. It has an edelbrock 750 carb. and Hooker fender well headers.

-Tranny is a Turbo 350 an operates perfectly . Runs cool, stops quick and turns heads! It's set up as a "shine" runner...(the tail lights, brake lights and gauges can all be turned off independently) for quick get aways. New Front seat, fuel tank and paint (59 olds aquamarine/black satin). It has many custom hot rod features and it gets 16 MPG to boot!

This little jewel has been in many car shows including; Viva Las Vegas, Atwood Early Rod Run, Good Guys, Blue Light Special , Hot Rods and Harleys and more!

QUESTIONS:
    -Why are you selling?
    I can't justify owning it anymore. Motorsickles, work, travel, and many other hot rod projects and beer have consumed my time and money.
    Someone else needs to appreciate the Olds for what it is: awesome American mechanical artistry.

-What's wrong with it?
    Not a damn thing! Crank it up and drive it on a road trip! I have driven it to car shows and had a blast!

-Will you take [insert ridiculously stupid low number here]?
    No. If I wanted [ridiculously low number] I would have asked [ridiculously low number]

-Would this make a good car for my son/daughter?
    Hell. Yes. Not only a good car, a learning experience. Introduction to vehicular maintenance.

-Will you take a check / cashier's check / Western Union Transfer / Nigerian Promissory Note?

No.

-No, really, all I have is [lowball dollar amount]?
    That's great, I don't give a bleep. I want $12,00.
    Why? Because I don't HAVE to sell this little beauty. Truth be known, I'd rather keep it.
    But if it's going to a good home - I will sell.

-Why are you such a dick?
    Everything is relative; you should see my friends.

21. Bikertrash

Bikertrash
    from Boise

I love to buy. Hate to sell.

22. sedan33

sedan33

Ether way it was good.

23. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

At the peak of Prohibition, five counties in a three-state region (Colorado, Kansas
    and Oklahoma) of the High Plains shipped 50,000 gallons a week to distant cities.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  24. BUSTEDKNUCKLE

BUSTEDKNUCKLE

Pretty funny......and right on point.....made me chuckle....oh and my first ride that I remember was in a 1964 Ford Galaxy 500 with 427 4speed. Still remember what it felt like to be in the back set and watching my little brother cry because he was scared, come to think of it I don't think he has been anything faster than a prius....lol

25. Somebody

Somebody

Is it the same guy that was selling the jeep or did he just rip it off?

26. thats awesome and to the point ....

27. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Copy and paste from another ad.

I get so tired of people thinking they're funny. Just tell me the damned facts and sell the car (or stuff) and get on with it. Id rather not read 8 pages of poetry, just wanna know if the car is what I want.

28. I think comes from dealing with or selling to folks who don't have a clue.
    Some folks think the older stuff is a car just like their late model only styled different. So a simple statement of "this is an old car" means one thing to a small percentage of people and another completely different thing to the majority of the population. Guys who "get" the HAMB are the minority.

Did you read the stuff from plow boy's sale of the atomic punk ?
    That was some funny stuff.

29. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

funny ad but not a hot rod. probably would be a good daily driver