Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hamb Drags first time attendee question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PossumJR., Dec 9, 2013.

1. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

We are looking to bring our front engine six-banger dragster to the HAMB Drags for the first time in 2014. My question is are there inspection/technical
    rules posted somewhere or is this strictly "run what ya brung?" Our Dragster is traditionally built all the way. I am trying to set my event calendar for next year and just want to make sure there is not something im missing. Would hate to make the 6 hour drive and not get to run!

(sorry about the oversized pic)

[​IMG]

2. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

3. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

Anybody? I know a lot of you guys have runs at the HAMB drags in years past and I really would appreciate any info on rules/safety requirements.

4. Papa Tom

Papa Tom

looks good pm rayn or get on the h.a.m.b drags thead. bring it on greatest weekend you will ever have. 650 mi. for me will not miss it. great time if you if you don't make a pass.

5. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Carl from Mo-Kan had a rules post in the HAMB Drags section, but I think all that stuff gets deleted a few months after the Drags.

The rules are pretty basic, even for race cars. The normal safety equipment you would need for your ET at any other track is what you will need at Mo-Kan. Nothing too crazy.

How fast do you plan on running?

You have to race your cool looking tow rig too you know...

See you in August. -Abone.

6. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

good looking rig...

7. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

nice looking set up

8. Nice looking car!!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

Thanks for the info guys. Really not sure what its gonna run. We just recently finished it and have only been to the track with it 3 or 4 times. Its been runnin mid 7's in 1/8 mile but were getting ready to do a good bit of peppin up on the motor over the winter.As for the tow rig it will definitely make some passes. Its got a 396 BBC under the hood and it will scream. Cant wait to head Mo-Kan next August. We are also restoring a 37' Fiat Altered that was a nitro altered in the 60's and hope to have it ready to bring too. It will also be running a BBC.

10. Nice setup!!! The way the HAMB drags has been done the last few years we send pictures of our cars to Ryan around registration time and if he likes what he sees he'll send you a link to register. Send him a PM with pictures now and ask what he thinks. As for tech it's like FlamedABone said. Typical drag racing tech but getting a hold of Carl at MoKan will answer your questions.

Check out the HAMB Drags website here. It's still 2013 but will answer lots of questions.

http://www.hambdrags.com/

11. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Cool dragster. Looking forward to seeing it run at the Hamb Drags this summer.

12. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

Thanks guys. I appreciate the info. Look forward to being there!

13. nice set-up you have there, really like your tow truck as well as your engine choice in the rail. Hope you can run em both.

14. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

Heres a shot of one of our first test passes in the ol' digger
    [​IMG]

15. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Man that's a short little digger. It looks perfect and probably not much more than a 90" wheelbase? :)

16. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

Your close. Its a 98" wheelbase. And its a freakon blast to drive!

17. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

O.k. a couple questions; what engine are you running in your draqster and can you add some pic's of your Fiat altered you are building?
    Thanks,
    Bob

18. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

Motor is a 250 chevy straight six with a powerglide behind it. Here is a couple of pics of the fiat.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

We are currently re-doing the drivers area part of the cage and working on getting our motor fitted up. This car originally ran a blown Chevy big-block on Nitro. We are putting a big block chevy back in it and we may eventually put a little nitro to it! We are also building another trailer similar to the one we built for the dragster and we will pull this behind my 48' chevy pickup. We plan to race both cars quite often.

20. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

You guys are liv'in the dream. Keep us posted on your progress.
    Thanks

21. captmullette

captmullette

great looking cars, subscribed.....

22. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

We feel the same way. Very blessed. I will post pics of progress on it. I'm ready to strap in for sure.