Register now to get rid of these ads!

1952 hudson wasp hollywood

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magnificient 7-1/2, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Chop chop chop!!!

2. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

they were very nice lines on that car, much better now.looks really good. GOOD JOB!

alone eating my words!!:rolleyes:

3. Rikster

Rikster

The chop and new rear window look very nice.
    There must be a place some where where they have a huge stack of 1951 Mercury rear windows from all those 1951 Merc's that had these replaced with 1950 units. Never thought it would look so good in that Hudson.

Please share some more photos of it when you have time.
    It looks really great. And I always love it when somebody is customizing an "off brand" car with great styling in mind.

4. Here is an update, I decided to stub the front of the car with nova rear steer suspension mostly because of the aftermarket parts and the ability to fully tune the suspension with tubular control arms. The other reason is the disc brake availability, I will be installing 13" rotors with the tubular control arms. I installed a c4 corvette rear from a 1993 corvette and will add coilovers in the back again fully tunable, the hudson will not only stop now but out corner the rest of the hudson's. The brake booster is from a 1988 Thunderbird turbo coupe along with the pedal assembly, I will use a gm tilt column, this Hudson is a real Heinz 57.

Attached Files:

5. Old Dude

Old Dude

Good looking Car, sits good, but I wouldn't chop. Could sit down about 2 " though, and just drive it until the wheels come off. This is a very nice body car for the year.

6. clentinc

clentinc
    from Louisville

Nice ride looks good when done. look up KGAP for all your rubber needs. here is my 54 Hudson hornet. 1954 Hudson Hornet.jpg
    clentin

7. Squablow

Squablow

Beautiful "flow" of your chop, looks much cleaner than the stock roof lines, which were nice to start with, but this is even better. Glad you didn't listen to the naysayers.

I just hope your fancy new brakes doesn't mean you'll have to run some ugly modern wheels on it for clearance.

8. Mark T

Mark T

"don't chop it! when thinking about motor & tranny swaps-remember the steering is behind the engine cradle you will need a rear stump pan for any swap,460 rear stump pans can run high $$'s"

460 rear sump oil pans are actually cheap and easy to find, they came stock in Ford vans

9. Heart Of Texas

Heart Of Texas
    from TX

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  10. Riks pic sold me, and i like the way yours is looking, i want one now. :) There is a real tidy stocker living in my town, subscribed.