Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Model 40 picture thread 1933 / 1934

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by six pack to go, Jun 24, 2010.

1. How could you!? I really like it's underplayed look- almost stock, but still... :cool:
    What headlights are those? Got nay pictures of it from the front? :)

2. Thanks Danner. The headlights are BLC 904a lights.

[​IMG]

3. You're welcome - nice touch on a very kuul car! :cool:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  4. KStewart

KStewart

I have had my 33 for many years. All I have now is a daughter so I guess she won't want my cars.My wife has began asking me its about time to downsize. She right but just can't do it. I am in a bind I guess.Maybe someday down the road I guess.:confused:

Attached Files:

5. Bader 2

Bader 2

Mine, on trailer,and Terry's from Victoria.

6. Bader 2

Bader 2

7. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

Here's a shot of mine last summer, all apart now for paint. The wheel color is my custom mix Dearborn Blue Urethane single stage.

A nice shot in the arm to look through all these cool pics!

[​IMG]

hemihotrod66 and Fairlane500 like this.
  8. Bader 2

Bader 2

Hey I'm looking for front fenders for my fordor anybody have? Don't got to be mint just fixable,presentable.has anyone ordered from Howells or macs? What's the quality and service like? I've heard some stories.

9. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like the '33 headlights, grille, and hood tops on your '34.

10. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

cdansie, I really love the '34 hood latches on the '33 hood sides. SLICK !

11. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Beautiful car! You could adopt me! :D

[​IMG]

12. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

Dave,
    I LOVE this, do you still have it?
    Alex

13. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That frame fully exposed under the body resembles a Deuce. Cool looking.

14. Funny you should ask Alex. At the exact time you were posting this the '34 was being loaded on a transport to it's new home in Washington state.

Man, that was a hard one to let go!

The only reason it's gone is because I snatched up an all steel '41 Willys with documented drag history.

15. Nooo?!

Well, good luck with the Willy's...

16. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

In a way, I'm glad I didn't know you had it for sale, I would have had a hard time passing that up. It's a disease, and when i told my wife, " at least it's not crack", her reply was, "how bad could that have been?"

17. Where at in WA?

18. .

It's going to Ridgefield Chris.

19. Hope it's gone to a good home. It became one of my favorite model 40's, and I have saved the pictures, you uploaded from the summer.
    It's always sad, when you have to part with a car- I still regret all my sales an junks, from time to time. But we usually get by- or find a way to get it back eventually. ;-)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

20. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here is my work in progress. Was a street rod but it will end up as a fender-less Hi-boy with red wires and satin blue or black paint. Just got finished ripping the IFS out of it and replacing it with a 4" drop and 37 bones. It looks much better.

21. That's for sure! :) I caught that on the first image and hoped for better. Good luck with the build!

22. Just read the whole thread again!!!!!! Love it. I'll try to get a current pic of my cabriolet on sometime this weekend. Keep 'er alive!!

23. autobilly

autobilly

Cool combo!

24. Bader 2

Bader 2

Don't know where the original pics went but here goes 2 more

Attached Files:

25. Bader 2

Bader 2

And again

Attached Files:

26. My contribution to the model 40 thread. Took this today after playing with the hood for a while. There are other pics in a thread I started on it in march. Hope you enjoy. Tim

Attached Files:

27. partssaloon

partssaloon

This is my old 34 all steel 34 3-4 view.jpg

28. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Sweet!!!

29. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Years ago my Dad bought a 33 ford pickup from Mr. VanMals wrecking yard in Kansas City Kansas. It was a pretty much bone stock 4cylinder pickup. We tinkered with it striped it down and done what everyone was doing back then and put small block drivetrain in it. before we got the truck back together we found a 34 five window. We put the coupe body on the frame we already had pretty well done and put our 33 cab and bed back on the coupe frame and sold it at the cowtown nationals swapmeet.......And there was no diffrence in the wheelbase. I am no expert, I just know what I know I have seen and done myself. Also I don't put alot of faith in parts catalogs like MAC's

I think some people like to make up their own version of history and they tell the same wrong story so much they start to believe it themselfs.....Kinda like a 32 heavy axle, (As if there was a 32 light axle)...A 32 axle is a 32 axle period!!.....And before some of you start in on the big trucks, I know they were diffren't and am not talking about them.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013