Register now to get rid of these ads!

The

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SCOTT GILLEN, Oct 31, 2012.

1. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

Do you have a number of how many were made into Delivery's and how many were made into Flower's…..I am told that the Flower delivery that was made were very rare…..The quarter windows roll down. The car came with the quarter steel panels and instructions on how to install them…..

Attached Files:

2. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

Scott

I don't have a number on how many were flower cars.
    I do remember one of the first '32 SD's I ever saw. It was in the late 60's
    and it was a flower car. It was Jim Lattin's car, when I first saw it, he had driven it to a swap meet in Pomona. It was a real nice body he got from Steral Sheff's kid, which he put on a real nice, fairly stock chassis. Steral was well known for his beautfully restored B-400.
    The first '32 delivery I worked on was Don Thelens, back in the '70's. Don bought his from Richard Tubner. Richard was a super scrounger, who traveled all over the U.S. finding neat stuff. This delivery had been sitting in a pig pen in the mid west for years, and the bottom was pretty rusty. I sold Don a really nice chopped tudor body, which he used as a doner for the subrails & patch panels to fix the delivery. Don had me build a chassis for the delivery . . . 351 Clevlend / C6, Halibrand Champ quick change, and alloy rimed Borranni wire wheels. Don always had a jillion projects going, both his own & customers, all of which were super cars when they were finished. Unfortunately Don passed away suddenly, and was never able to finish his SD. I know Chet Atwood later owned it, and he seperated the body & chassis. I believe Chet had two '32 SD projects, but he also passed away, but I'm pretty sure both of his are now running cars.
    Back in the late 60's / early '70's, I knew a few guys in so. cal, that had them stashed away, but they never seemed to get them out & on the road.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  3. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

What ever became of John Deat's sedan delivery? It was for sale at Canepas a while back. Is John himself still with us? Was his SD a real one, or a conversion?

4. V8RPU

V8RPU
    from Nor Cal

John Deats SD is a real one. Pete Eastwood mentioned Chet Atwood. At one time Chet had 5 32 deliveries. I bought the two roughest of the bunch from him. Chet was an interesting guy, a true deuce-aholic.

5. Welcome back and beautiful car!

Now... Can we all jump over to my new thread and start again?

6. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

The john Deat's is now owned by Richard Munz and I just talked to him the other day about buying that one. He was mull'in it over and this one came along so I jumped on it because it was just done so well. I know it not a factory SD but then again none of them were.....The kit as I understand it is one of the best out there and this one has it and was done very very well....I like the Deat's car allot so much so that I have been trying to buy that one for about a year. I had a deal but the timing was bad and I had to pass. Its avail now and I am just trying to tell myself I need two of them, my wife is asking why? I still think I need two.

Such a better conversion by the way, thank you....

Scott

7. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

Heres another one in a private collection here in Calif. Its the second car from the left. Also note the rare rear bumper

Attached Files:

8. John Kretzschmar (Ford Parts Obsolete, later Appliance Plating) had one stashed away as I recall at least into the late 60's any idea what happened to that one? Maybe he still has it...

9. billylo

billylo

Love the back bumpers!! Thanks for sharing, Scott.....

10. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mr. Gillen : Thanks for reconsidering , and coming back. I meant you no disrespect, in regards to my prior post. Though I don't know you, I definatly enjoy your classy stuff. On an unrelated note , I have never got over "Buffalo" Thelens flake `32 vicky from back in the day. Have fun!!

11. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

So Here is the picture of the 32 SD

Attached Files:

12. That's a beauty Scott!

13. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Buster hand made all the conversion pieces on his. I don't have any photos either but I remember when he built it and it still looked good last year when I visited him.

If anyone would have had pictures it would have been Randy, aka Deuce Roadster (rip).

14. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Just noticed that it is on Ebay

15. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Scott, here is my friend George's SD he is finishing up. Master metal work by Jim Hendricks and flathead powered. I know of the one you show in your photo and it was built by Kemps in MI.
    Lynn

Attached Files:

16. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

I love sedan deliverys....Here is a pic of My A project. I was going to do a 32 delivery, But after doing my research and finding out that. All 32 SD's were Kits and not really a production Car. I kinda lost interest....And looking at the 32 SD's They look like a sedan with a kit added. So then I started to wonder If Ford would have designed a true Delivery in 32 what would it look like. which made me start looking at a 4dr, Because the 4dr has short front doors, I think it would have been more likely to be the base for a true 32 SD (car version) anyhow, As I love the panel trucks as well. but the second pic is what I was going to do. with a 32 4dr body I bought. Anyhow I have since changed my mind and am turning the 4dr into a 5 window coupe. But if anyone has interest I have a 32 sedan delivery fiberglass rear door I would sell....

Attached Files: