Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage turkey run photos???????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by motoandy, Dec 1, 2013.

1. bhead1968

bhead1968
    from so-fla

Ha.. Figured someone would nail that quick.. He
    Even had the plexiglass slide windows.

2. bhead1968

bhead1968
    from so-fla

Buddy of mine won best in show for his chopper.
    I heard it was good, if you get there early. A bitch to
    Navigate your car in there.

Going to make it a point to head out there next
    Year as well.

3. hr racecar

hr racecar
    from Comer, GA

Dirty Ol Basttard, Do I detect a trend here? Did you get my PM about the FED for sale?.........Toni

4. cobra_4

cobra_4

5. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

HRP. You picking on us Northerners again, If it was not for Snow Birds, Fla. would probably be vacant in the winter. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Larry

6. hr racecar

hr racecar
    from Comer, GA

7. I hate handicap scooters and I have to use one! Last car show I went to the decided to pull me over and tell me "no scooters allowed." I said OK but I am handicapped but he insisted for me to prove it. I told him my handicap plaque is in the car and his response was "yeah right". I kept on going with him following trying to stop me. I did stop and immediately called my attorney who I keep on retainer. Once he spoke with the promotor there was no problem.

I've been going to shows since born and worked them for 30 years as a pinstriper, I really wish I could walk around and stripe at the shows like I once did without a scooter or cane or crutches. The sad thing is, those of us who hate using one must in order to get around and are ridiculed because of those who are just too fat or too damn lazy. I will trade my diabetic feet any day for some good ones. Offers?

8. FLLDYTRKR

FLLDYTRKR
    from SW FL

Besides the scooters draggin' wagons behind--What was up with all the dogs at the show this year... I mean like big dogs--not carry around foo dogs... I have never seen so many dogs.

I did notice the absence of a few vendors this year also.

9. cobra_4

cobra_4

How did I ever miss that Daytona!!!!!!!!

And as for the scooters, my dad uses one. He hates it, cusses it every year, and never wants to bring it. Its hard for him to really look at the swap meet on one. But its either bring it, or stay at home, because he'd be worn down before he got into the track.

10. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

No one is complaining about folks who use scooters for legitimate health or age reasons, it is the scooters with healthy, young people buzzing around on them who are the problem. It was ridiculously bad this year, like they opened up the floodgates and rent a scooters came out of everywhere. Never seen it so bad. It seems like the show promoters have relaxed the rules considerably on who can use them..........even kids were driving them around this year.

Don

11. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I notice the kids using them in the grocery store the other night so its just not at the car shows so just where is the vendor who is renting them located at the show,maybe its time to pay them a visit next year.

12. Man If you need a scooters that,s different and glad to see you out living life. But I am bitchen about all the LAZY shits that just ride around on them. Glad to meet other HAMBers and thanks for the pictures that have been posted.

13. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

There is nothing you can do about who rent's the scooter's . The only thing the show can do is limit the size . The rule of thumb is that if you can drive it in walmart you can drive it at the show. Believe it or not it used to be way worse. Replace all those scooter's with golf kart's and you get the idea what it used to be like. The golf kart's were banned because of the number of people getting run over by them.
    Gregg

14. cobra_4

cobra_4

Oh okay, maybe I miss read a little. I agree, there were tons of able bodied people riding them. My dad offered to rent me one a few years ago so I could keep up with him and I was like your crazy! As long as Im able I'll be walking. You can cover a helluva lot of ground on them though. Usually at Shades and the Grand Rod Run in Pigeon Forge I head out about 7am when the streets are still empty and make a lap on his. Good way to cover a lot of ground fast and scout out for stuff to come back and check out later!

15. Here's a few pics I took. Nearly froze Thursday & Friday. Saturday was pretty nice.

Well, so much for that bright assed idea. It says I can't upload the pics because "a security token is missing".....

Speaking of scooters, we was parked right on entrance road at turn 3 and a woman & guy came by on scooters & stopped & chatted a bit. When she got ready to go she made a U-turn & gassed (electrified) it & turned over right in front of us. It was like slow motion. She never put a foot down or turned loose of the handle bars.... It was, just, bloop, & she was laying on the road still like she was upright. We helped her up & she was fine. Her husband was already down the road. When she got going she damned near did it again.... Once she was determined to be ok & was gone we rehashed it & laughed like hell !!!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  16. Model T1

Model T1

Can't believe all the complaining about scooters. I thought I was the only one to bitch about scooters and dogs. Neither has a place at large car shows.
    I can understand scooters for the handicapped. I remember somewhere a rule at the Speedway must have handicapped sticker. ????? Sounds like a good idea.
    Even when we could walk and move around almost got run down several times by lazy fat asses on scooters. No offense to the handicapped. But when you see a guy get off a scooter and walk fast thru the vendors or cars, you know he ain't handicapped.
    This is second year my wife and I didn't go. We got old for some reason and can not walk far. I refuse to use a scooter. But may have to because I wanna be there!
    Please add pictures so we can still enjoy the show.

17. You can go to Turkey Run.com, select "gallery" & there a bunch of pictures there.... I tried to post some but they wouldn't download....

18. Model T1

Model T1

Thanks.

19. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I suspect that the simple fact that they can be rented is causing the explosion in popularity. If only the truly handicapped, who brought their own scooters, were allowed in that would cut it back. But I say that after a by-pass operation and making it to 65 so I kinda feel the need. I haven't got to the scooter level in life, but remember Daytona is a very big place and there is a lot to see. If you lap it a couple times a day for several days, your dogs be tired. And ifn you are hauling your best buy treasures, the also come in convenient. Gary

20. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I think in some respects the scooter might be more of a pain than a help. Every time you want to look at some vendors spot you would have to get off and then get back on again, move a few feet to the next spot and do it all over again. After doing that a few hundred times I think walking would look pretty good.

Don