Register now to get rid of these ads!

hamb on mecum

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by c57heaven, Dec 6, 2013.

1. c57heaven

c57heaven

just saw the hamb sticker on the rear quarter of a mopar on mecum auction on velocity. way to go...

1963 dodge polara 440 xold for 11,500
    F158.1

2. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

I watched yesterday and saw a 48 Ford Coupe lead sled that looked really nice. I think the bidding only went about 11k, and I don't think it sold. Stu

3. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Sorry but in my book that's akin to a Hells Angel selling his bike with a death head on it.

Should have been removed. Period.

4. waldo53

waldo53
    from ID

My grandson and I were watching the auction and he noticed the markings on the car. We thought it was pretty cool.

5. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

I was just checking "sold" prices. Some really good deals!

6. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I saw that too and thought to myself that it was cool to see our logo on TV. :) Yep, I thought some of those cars went WAY cheap, especially the mid week cars that are nice driver quality. I like seeing those kinds of cars more than the multi million dollar ones that will never see daylight again.
    Don

7. LOWBLAZERO1

LOWBLAZERO1

i was there and didn't see it. if you see a fat guy in a studebaker hoodie, that'd me be.

8. got a report a week or so ago....those with money....are holding on to it...

maybe those investors that have been driving stuff up are backing off...it's a good thing...

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I found the info on the car on the Mecum website but no photos. The HAMB decal may have been from participation in the HAMB drags at one time. A badge of honor on a race car and not a biker gang type of membership thing.

1963 Dodge Polara 440
    Street legal, race ready
    - This is a period correct vintage drag race car
    - Body is rock solid
    - 1969 440 wedge, 727 4500 stahl converter
    - Super stock springs on back with Calvert racing shocks
    - Electric dumps
    - Have race data, this car runs in the 12 second category

10. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

the decal said "HAMB Alliance Vendor"

as far as cars being cheap or good deals......really? how does anybody make that assessment without inspecting the car in person?

I see guys on here go on and on about never buying a car without laying eyes on it, yet it is easy to make the statement that there were good deals at an auction that was shown on TV

Well let me just say this much: I was there, along with 2muchstuff, and we were very disappointed in the quality. The prices were not in line with the quality. I was prepared to purchase multiple vehicles and came home empty handed.

this is the third time I have been to Mecum-KC and I have always come away disappointed and shaking my head.

I feel sorry for the poor saps that are going to end up with the cars that the dealers bought. For sure they will be disappointed.

so much for my $.05

11. r.l.r

r.l.r

Could not agree anymore with you Bob. Until you have looked in person, it is pretty hard to access.

12. davey

davey

I look good on TV

13. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The best reason to watch a Mecum auction is to try and get a glimpse of coolstuff on camera. He's dreamy!

14. blktie

blktie

Everything looks good on TV; it just adds a couple pounds!

15. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

but he was not in Kansas City!

I went there just to get my Coolstuff fix, but to no avail

16. Paul B

Paul B

I changed the channel, the velocity guys are getting annoying

17. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

But then again, aren't all red-heads dreamy? Especially the tall Italian red-heads? :)

18. Ignorant is more like it. Can't stand to listen to them.

19. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

hey, I just got the big news...Mecum Kissimmee will be broadcast by NBCSports

gotta compete with B-J

20. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

You are most likely right as I was not there in person. I based my comment on what I see "like" cars go for around here and previous sales I have followed. From looking at the cars that you have listed for sale over the years it is easy to tell that you have above average standards for the cars you purchase. But.....I also base that on the same criteria of not seeing them in person. They look top shelf from your adds. I'm paying attention because soon I will be buying a new d.driver and I want one with modern running gear. I'm gonna keep checking your classifieds.;)

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't get Velocity (didn't pay for the big Dish package) and watch it on line with little or no bs.

22. primerhotrod

primerhotrod
    BANNED
    from ILLINOIS

Well stated.

23. When an auction house uses the phrase "muscle car" ad nauseum to describe every other car they're shilling...just saying. And I agree that their announcers are getting more annoying as the bidding goes on (pun intended).

24. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

My major gripe is that they don't know the difference between a 28-29 and 30-31 A. Makes me wonder how many other details they get wrong.

25. bbc 1957 gasser

bbc 1957 gasser

at was at mecum in Indy this yr. and the quality of the cars I seen were top notch. I was surprised .thought id see a bunch of turds .but I was wrong .

26. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Indy cars are WAAAAY better than Kansas City cars. I have no explanation.

27. sledbuilder

sledbuilder

You really can't compare the hamb to the Hells Angels.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I get the pleasure to work on some of the cars that come from some of these auction and I can tell you the ones I work on are not to most peoples (real car guys) standards. These cars have come from Indy and KC shiny on the out side and and just painted over shit on the bottom. It kills me to see them and I wish these guys would have me look at them before they spend there money. But on the other hand it does make lots of work for me.