Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 54 ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cuppy65, Dec 2, 2013.

1. cuppy65

cuppy65

I just bought a 54 ford and need some parts. My new car has had all the fresh air and heater stuff thats under hood removed and lost. I'm in N.west Pa. and 54 cars are not to be found. I have a friend who has several 55 ford cars and the parts look like they may be the same? These part would include the two air horns or tubes,both flapper valves and the complete blower assy. and the hearer core plentem! Does anyone know if the 54 and 55 cars have the same part !
    Also, I was thinking about a aftermarket air conditioning kit. Would I still need any of the missing stuff if I went that route?
    Thanks, Dan

Attached Files:

• 54 2.JPG
      54 2.JPG
      File size:
      64.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Squablow

Squablow

'55 is different. And 52-53 is probably different up front since the '54's use slightly shorter front fenders, but those I would imagine you could make work.

Aftermarket A/C would not need to utilize those vent tubes, they're really just for the heater and for fresh air, they're not really critical for anything else. I never use mine in my '52.

3. You might look in the Hamb O'Dex and send my pal Flat Top Bob (Owens Auto Salvage) a Private Message,he has been a lot of help with our '54 Wagon,,he has several parts cars. HRP

Another good source of information is JeffB2's 52-59 Ford Social Group listed here on the hamb and I'll invite you to join up with the '54 Ford Club of America...HRP

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=332

and

http://www.1954ford.com/

4. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

Way past your bedtime.

5. Chad_The_Sailor

Chad_The_Sailor

Ooo another club coupe! What's your plans? I'm building a 53 coupe right now you should check out the build thread

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. JoeyP.

JoeyP.

Cool car, I love this body style. Good luck with the build

7. cuppy65

cuppy65

It's a business coupe but I would like to put a back seat in. I wonder if the doner back seat would need to come from a club coupe or do you think a two door sedan would work?
    Dan

8. did you buy from a guy in lake tahoe ca?

9. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

You won't have much if any leg room if you add a back seat,back when the car was produced the "business" coupe was just that for "business" also called a saleman's car, the back seat was eliminated and the flat back floor was to store product and samples.If you compare a 2 door sedan to a coupe you will notice the difference in distance from the back window to the trunk seam is about 6" longer on a coupe.

10. sobpunx

sobpunx

I have a 54 business coupe with a back seat, there isn't much leg room but I have never road in the back seat so it doesn't matter.

11. Chad_The_Sailor

Chad_The_Sailor

Well from my recent experience with my club coupe I can tell you a sedan and club coupe rear seats are different. A sedan has recessed places on both sides for the rear wheel wells to clear. A coupe does not. But with that said I do believe a sedan rear seat could be use with little to no modification.

12. That would be a club coupe,,the small back seat is fine for children not so much for a grown adult. HRP

13. I had a Dodge business coupe many years ago that the previous owner outfitted with flip-down jumper seats, kinda looked like something that would have come out of a fishing boat or something. I'm making it sound ugly, but it actually looked pretty neat and fit well, and would probably be useful for the occasions where you wanted to take a quick run with extra people. On a cross-country trip? Not so much.
    By the way, I'm not too far from ya, I used to work out in Williamsport a couple years ago. Maybe we'll meet up someday at the Bullfrog.
    I dig the ride a lot. Aside from those wheels, of course.

14. farmalldan

farmalldan
    from Duncan, OK

My '93 Dodge extended cab truck has jump seats on each side in the back. The backrest pad mounts to the side of the cab and the seat bottom folds up against the side. Not a great seat, but seems fine for kids for a short period of time. The seats reduce cargo volume only very slightly. This might give you some seating capacity without losing leg room or hauling capacity. Farmalldan

15. A guy here has a 37 Dodge Coupe that has the small folding seat under the quarter windows,he calls it a Opera Coupe. HRP

16. sobpunx

sobpunx

I have the same body style as the o.p. and my vin/title says its a mainline business coupe

17. cuppy65

cuppy65

Yes I did. Is there something I should know?

18. cuppy65

cuppy65

Ya, the wheels are off a jeep, them and the ladder bars will have to go. That's the first thing to do,get it down. I go to the Bullfrog all the time. If your a car guy ,you may have seen my blue 41 chevy coupe parked close by.

19. cuppy65

cuppy65

My 94 ranger has jump seats in it .That would be something to do. The quarter glass is fixed so there is a good size unused space in the area below them! I don't think the ranger seats are to rare so they should be plenty in the junk yards.
    Dan

20. K-88 ghost

K-88 ghost
    from Nevada

Can't remember much about mine, other than I loved it.

Attached Files: