Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sundays modelcars 12/8/13

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by halfasskustoms, Dec 8, 2013.

1. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

Another week has past. Its that time again. post um up.

Heres what Iv been working on. Built in 1/87 scale.

Just got done with this Kustom Semi.
    Took to diff rigs to make it. Took the cab from one and the hood from the other. Took the sleeper off. Lowered it. Chopped off the roof.
    Painted it a candy metal flake blue with pinstriped green and gold flames.
    Used HotWheels wheels for it.
    Also used a PE shifter in the cab.

[​IMG]Hosted on Fotki
    [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki

2. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

3. Old Coyote

Old Coyote

John Keeling and Jerry Clayton's beautiful "California Charger" driven by Rick Ramsey

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Old Coyote: what scale is this Rail Dragster? Looks effin' great.

5. Got some painting done on this 1/8th Scale 1932 Ford. Painted floor pan gloss black and painted the floorboards flat black and then a shot of semi gloss and they look just like the floor boards in my real Ford.

Rear differential/torque tube has been stripped of chrome and repainted flat black primer. QC rear end has been painted aluminum silver. I will weather this rear end so that it looks like an in-service differential.

Stripped chrome from heads, intake manifold and carbs. Painted intake and heads aluminum silver and the carbs steel. Painted rear drums and backing plates flat black and then gave them a shot of semi gloss. They look good.

Tonight I will prep this body for flat black primer. I will then fill in the two indents for the cowl lamps and then sand smooth. This week coming up I will paint the frame gloss black and when it dries sufficiently I will install both front and rear suspension. I have been scratch building an 1950s/60s era AutoPulse Fuel Pump since the kit does not provide a fuel pump. This 1/8th scale 1932 Ford is coming along nice. Slow but sure.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  6. Deuces

Deuces

Cant wait to get started on my vintage Monogram Deuce kit....:rolleyes:

7. Old Coyote

Old Coyote

That's a 1/16th Revell kit .......... has Comp Resins body parts, Enderle "Barn Door" injector and scoop, and Halibrand wheels .......... the paint is a 50/50 mix of Testors French Blue and Classic White, and the decals came from Slixx

8. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

That California Charger is super nice. Great job on it.

9. Deuces

Deuces

10. Old Coyote

Old Coyote

The Beebe & Mulligan "Fighting Irish" dragster in its '69 Winternationals winning configuration

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. J2

J2

Still in primer
    [​IMG]
    Just finished
    [​IMG]

12. melsfine39

melsfine39

My BeeBe & Mulligan with My Don Galits 1/16 at Model show a few years back. Won Modelers choice with the Garlits car. Mel:D

Attached Files:

13. 51wagon

51wagon
    from northwoods

Nice work! That hardtop is outstanding.

14. 2dr_sedan

2dr_sedan

^ BOTH are outstanding!

15. vintage44

vintage44
    from NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

Guys,
    At 64 yrs. young, I'm thinking of beginning again to do some models of old east coast mods that ran when I was a young 'un. I've finished racing my 1:1 '34 Ford 3w coupe with a local antique club and now want to do some modeling. First question - what glue is best for doing body work that sands off well? Hopefully I can begin some projects this winter when I'm not watching my 2 1/2 yr. old grandson! And I hope you don't mind if I use this forum to pick your brains! Thanks

16. Zap a Gap is good sandable glue/filler

I use Testor's liquid and tube cement, green putty and gap filling adhesives.

17. I would like to use a different steering wheel than the one provided with the Monogram 1/8th Scale 1932 Ford. I was thinking of scratch building a Banjo wheel or 1940 wheel. I can do it but I'd rather not have to spend a few weeks building a steering wheel. Is there anything available aftermarket?

18. gbk

gbk

I had trouble finding this today because it says "Sundays Modelcars" as opposed to the more frequently used "Sunday Models". But I found it now. Nice selection of builds this week, as usual.

Just off my bench earlier this past week is this Deuce Highboy Roadster I started 5 years ago, left it in a box for most of that time, and finally finished up over the past month or so.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

^^^That 32 is sweet lookin.

20. vintage44

vintage44
    from NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

1937 Fordor - Thanks!

21. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Love the 32 and looking forward to see how cool that hardtop gun'a be in some shiny,love those custom lines.
    Always enjoy seeing what models show,wish I had kept the ones I built as a kid in the early 1950's,sure had fun than too.

my old rebuild
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793393

22. Pete L.

Pete L.
    from New Jersey

Bernard,

Really nice work, period perfect !!!