Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects hammered hup build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hammeredrods, Apr 28, 2011.

1. chaddilac

chaddilac

Dang that thing is low! :D

2. hammeredrods

hammeredrods

I think i got carried away . I am going to raise the back to give it some rake, but it is kinda rediculous

3. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Feels good to see someone beside me building a Hup,your doing great,love your work. I'm in work but I have a 1917 cowl on my own ,with a 1924 grill shell,the name I gave mine is "Hubba Hubba Hup" running Merc flathead V8 with 2x2,I'll try to do a build thread later on my own. Tell then,I'm working right now on my old highschool hotrod,1928 A roadster with y-block 292,but I'm close,and will do Hubba Hubba next,I got most parts stroed away.
    Keep going nice man,and yup looks too low for roads around my town,I'm planing on about 3in. clear of ground for my build/no bags:cool:

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  4. hammeredrods

hammeredrods

Thanks dana, sounds like your on the right track, can't wait to see it come together.

5. hammeredrods

hammeredrods

Back in the shed...........finally
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1358762477.134076.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

6. jpgraphics

jpgraphics

Grandfather went cross country in a Hupmobile with no headlights and a few dollars in his and his brother's pockets....that car and their ingenuity and on the road mechanics got them from NY to California back in the mid 30's.......

Now I get to see what one actually looked like.....well, the first day you got it anyway!

love all the artful metal work and creative building....inspiring!

If I can find a picture, I think I can show you guys the old Hup on its first day...It has something like "CA or bust" painted on the side.....

JP

7. markessex

markessex

hi mr. Hamerhead, this is mark in Canberra, I also have a couple of model r hupmobile tourers, as yet I still do not have any seats at all for a pattern or any hoodbows. I have found suppliers for carby kits for the m1 Stromberg carburetor, mine have the splitdorf Dixie aero magneto model449 ignition and I have not found a parts supplier for service items for the magneto as yet, there is a distributor that fits straight in, the Westinghouse starter motor u can get NOS brushes for. I have hickory wheels and also a set of houk wire spoke wheels and drive hubs. I am yet to source the outer centre locking cap model 449 and I have not found a parts supplier for the hub(need4) and a spanner, I haven't found new Nos plugs yet u can get an adaptor bush to fit late model plugs. I havent souced clutch, radiator core, tailshaft flexible coupling material etc etc as yet. i would like to find a one piece roadster windscreen frame and both side uprights. Good luck and Keep in touch 0428668287"text is good mark canberra

8. markessex

markessex

me hammer I hadn't seen this it is very impressive. I would be interested in the old running gear off the original model r hupmobile if u still have it regards mark Canberra text 0428668287, thanks mark

9. markessex

markessex

hi mr hupp builder I tried to write a msg and ended up on your other thread please have a quick look, I have model r 24 hupmobile and am interested in any of your discarded parts thanks mark