Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mooneyes Xmas Show Meetup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crookshanks, Nov 28, 2013.

1. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

A few years back, there was a fight and security kicked those guys out right away. Even though the flyers say, "If you want to park together, you must arrive together. No saving spots!". Every year, you have guys taping whole rows trying to save spots and most of the time, security will remove the tape. Last year, there were multiple EZ-Ups taking up a lot of spaces. This year, Mooneyes said no EZ-Ups will be allowed. Guess will see how it goes.

2. good good good

3. For those of us around the world who can't be there in person, here is the next best thing.
    Live streaming video from Bang Shift
    That’s right folks, BangShift.com is going to bring some So Cal weather your way with FREE Live Streaming Video from the 2013 Mooneyes X-Mas Party and Drags at Irwindale this Saturday! While a ton of you will be looking outside at cold weather, we’re still getting our hot rod on here in Southern California!

[​IMG]

4. Kerry67

Kerry67

Coming in from AZ for the show. I don't drive my wagon there because I don't want to not be able to have in the show. Really no point in driving it all that way unless I can. So, once again we pile in the Toyota and head out Friday morning. Will be there EARLY Saturday morning.

5. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

Speaking of So Cal weather, as of now there is a 60% chance of rain Saturday.

6. Yep, gets worse every day. Early this week was 20%, then 40%....now 60:(

7. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

8. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

no, their boyfriends with the Bob's Big Boy hairdo's do that...

9. Kerry67

Kerry67

Who cares. I go for the cars.

10. up to 70% chance of rain now for Saturday, but I heard somewhere it's for later in the day

11. It's pretty impressive. Probly gonna be a couple thousand cars

12. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

I'm driving down from SLC to bring some junk to the Pomona swap meet. Set up is Sat. Is it worth it to head over to the mooneyes show sat afternoon? How late does it go?

Rain? Pffft.... I was packing more car parts in my truck this morning and it was 1 degree. Snow's blowing in my face, fingers frozen solid. I'll gladly take a little afternoon rain with temps above 50

13. We're going to Mooneyes early Saturday and leaving straight for Pomona some time after lunch. No reason you shouldn't do the same. Saturday @ Pomona's way laid back.

14. bagel56

bagel56
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

On NOAA.GOV WEBSITE, RAIN WILL BE MAINLY BEFORE 4PM.

15. ratwasp

ratwasp

It rained a couple years ago and the show still went on! I think the drag races were cancelled/delayed..

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. no55mad

no55mad

There was no racing that year - Billy Gibbons was there with some eye candy.

17. ratwasp

ratwasp

Yeah thought it was cancelled for safety that year. I'm here in LA it's looking pretty clear today, but forecasted 70% for tomorrow. Fingers x crossed!

18. I have been going since it was at the store in the late 80's and now its gotten to much like a sick boy mike ness attitude vibe. I usually roadie for Hot Rod Trio and Dynatones but after last year only finding a hand full of hot rods I am out till the venue changes to something bigger or they get really good about towing out non car show vehicles and organize the parking better.

19. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Unfortunately, he wasn't driving a traditional car. It was a Scion XB. With all his cool cars, he drives a Scion? :rolleyes:

20. Flattop Rook

Flattop Rook
    from Australia

Okay I'm ready breakfast and lunch packed, heading out of Aliso Viejo @ 5 am
    Can't wait, I hope I can sleep :p

21. I'm bringing a pot of chili. Try and find me before it's gone.

22. RancheroMan

RancheroMan

if i get rain drops on the windshield before i get out of my neighborhood at 5:30, forget it.
    i've been in the rain at swap meets and it sucks. cheap beer or not. snow forecasted down to like 2,500 feet. its gonna be ass cold.
    no drag racing in those conditions. thats 90% of going.

23. 31 stude

31 stude

Im registered to drag...anybody there right now with drags cars how many people still thinks drags will go on...dont really wanna spend 100$ on gas so my car can just sit in the rain

24. ottos

ottos

Well I'm registered to race... Gonna be there rain or shine... Gonna suck if it rains before track is open.. Fingers crossed lets get a run or two in...

25. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

maybe someone that uses facebook can find someone in Irwindale now - online weather gurus say light rain in morning & showers in afternoon high around 50 degrees - they could be wrong, not the first time - does not sound good for racing. but, real cars in show won't melt if they get water on them

26. Primer Podcast

Primer Podcast
    from LBC

70% rain by 10 am

no drags going on if it raining, which is a big part of the show for us

not sure what to do

27. 31 stude

31 stude

Well as for me im out for drag racin just gonna go check ot cars....hopefully moonyes will be cool to drag reg guys and honor pass to race at a later date.......Mooneyes staight drags.....all in say eye

28. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I drove out just to give my car a run. At 4:30 am, it was scattered clouds. Those of you that go, good luck.

29. OzyRodder

OzyRodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A few very light showers but not too bad at moment. Gene Winfield looks like he's having fun anyway. Cars are lined up for drags but I'm not sure how long it will last with the clouds about.

30. Flattop Rook

Flattop Rook
    from Australia

Few showers but looks like it may be finished.
    Still looking at cars...
    If you see an"older" guy in a Grey peek pre hat and a red check jacket day G'day :)