Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 64/65 Comets old drag cars lets see pictures

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by apound, Feb 17, 2009.

1. ec164

ec164
    from MI

No Doubt! One can only imagine.....Al

2. FrankyV8

FrankyV8
    from Holland

Sorry it took me so long guys to get back to you ;)

But YES!! It's Jon Websters (from Webster Race Engineering)own racecar. This car is clean top to bottom. SFI 25.2 Chromemoly chassis small block chevy single BIG turbo. It's got all the goods and it's streetlegal!!!
    He build my racecar too, this man and his team are the best when it comes to building and maintaining dragcars.
    Have a look at his site https://www.facebook.com/JohnWebster.MarkBird?fref=ts

3. Damn......snowed in here in Oklahoma so I spent the last two days reading the entire thread. Never saw so many cool Comets in my life. As soon as my eyes get uncrossed from staring at my lap top for two days I will post some pictures of a one owner 64 Comet convertible I found in Ohio and a 64 Comet 2 door sedan I drug out of a barn. Can't wait to get them on the road and the track.

4. ec164

ec164
    from MI

Guess my memory was wrong,:eek: a freaking SBC, might not of remembered it was a Comet for that. Can't imagine that anymore, still fast but will go back to mine with a FE in it:) ......Al

And yes it still is a beautiful car and chassis and it looks like that guy is one heck of a builder!!

5. ec164

ec164
    from MI

Let it Snow and Let us See......Al

6. If you get the chance to go to Ames Oklahoma stop in at HaJek's Motor Museum. He has one of the best Ford collections around. Our Falcon club visited a few years back had a blast. Some of the Comets in the thread are located there now with many other Fords, Mercury's, Chevy's and Mopar's. He had VIN numbers 1-11 of the Mustang Cobra Jet's in his work shop. Vin number 3 is the record holder. He spent most of his time we were there tuning it and it is one bad ass Mustang.

He and his wife were very nice and let us prowl around the museum until we were wore out. Really cool cars kind of of the middle of nowhere but well worth the trip.

Attached Files:

7. 65COMET

65COMET

Too bad That 64 has a scrub engine,what a waste of a nice car!!! ROY.

8. ec164

ec164
    from MI

I found that ford (drivetrain) info somewhere, even had it wrote in a notebook, will have to research it when I get time......Al

9. SIX GUN

SIX GUN

He thinkin, my buddy has a SBC, and his buddy has a SBC, and his buddy has a SBC, and his buddy has a SBC, and his buddy has a SBC, and his buddy has a SBC, and so on and so on...

10. 65COMET

65COMET

SIX GUN;TOO FUNNY!!! I stopped by a friends place Thursday,he was detailing a 30s Chevy pickup street rod.Very nice looking truck,I walked to the front and it was running a 351C FORD engine!!!!I call the Ford guys using scrub engines as "people with no IMAGINATION",they want to be like everyone else!! Plus I'm sick of hearing "It is cheaper",or "you need a scrub engine" to go fast,I call BS on that crap!!! ROY.

11. ec164

ec164
    from MI

Found where my info was from, Feb.2013 RPM Magazine pg.42 full article on Websters 1964 Comet. Undisclosed cubes near 400. Though I found elsewhere it's a 377 cu.in SBF, efi w/yates heads huge turbo and has ran close to the 7.40 zone since the 7.77 in 9/2012......Al

12. 65COMET

65COMET

Al;that is good news!!!!Happy to hear it is FORD powered!!! ROY.

13. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Well Roy ever since Eric Filled up his Garage with that Galaxie. ( Bobby Spears lightweight , Awesome) that poor 65 Cyclone has become a table/shelf.

Cyclone abuse, your going to have to talk to him about that.

[​IMG]

14. Congratulations >>> Eric the shop seems the same since I was last there.
    I did hope Bobby's Galaxie went somewhere worthy and yours is that.

I'll be back in Parker again in June So I'll call for a meet up.

Richard Movin/on

15. SOHC427

SOHC427

Richard, I will look forward to it!
    Roy, sorry you had to see the 65 like that, but the white 65 Cyclone is setting under snow, and -8 tonight....

Ken made me buy it, as he puts a lot of pressure on me, to keep up with the Godseys!

Eric

16. 65COMET

65COMET

Eric;the sight of that poor abandoned 65 Cyclone is sad enough,I couldn't take seeing the one under the snow pack!!!!!You COLORADO guys have GOT to have a MONEY TREE or maybe selling some contraband!!!! ROY.

17. SOHC427

SOHC427

Roy, maybe just the apple pie shine!
    Eric

18. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

I can rescue the one from the snow if the price is right....

19. 65COMET

65COMET

Eric;how big of a slick/wheel combo will fit on the Galaxie!!! I have a brand new set of MTs 31X10.5WX15 on Welds,Ford bolt pattern!! ROY.

20. SOHC427

SOHC427

Porkshop, In my twisted mind, I still think I will get to the snow coverd car, in the future. But I am slower then Godsey, on my builds, but I will keep it in mind, I promise!
    Eric

21. SOHC427

SOHC427

Roy, without some serious mods, 29.5's are real tight in there.

I will do some better checking when we warm up a bit.
    Eric

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  22. 65COMET

65COMET

Eric;I figured those wheel wells would be too tight!! I still can't believe you bought Bobby's old GAL,TOO KOOL!!! ROY.

23. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

Eric, that would be great. I'm looking for a 65 cyclone project. So do keep me in mind...John

24. SOHC427

SOHC427

Will do John.
    Roy, I am pretty excited about the car, just wish the weather was on my side!

Like I said, its tuff to keep up with the Godseys!
    Eric

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  25. ec164

ec164
    from MI

Eric congratulations on your purchase of Light-weight History! Great body style......Al

26. SOHC427

SOHC427

Thanks Al, Police just left after a Vin verification, and strongly suggested that they don't see that car on the roads..... Well, as soon as the roads are dry, nothing is gaurenteed......
    Eric

27. ec164

ec164
    from MI

That's a very honest attitude:DI like it........AL

28. 65COMET

65COMET

Cops always want to take the fun out of owning fast cars!!!So,does this mean NONE of the other projects will be getting any "LOVE"!!!!! ROY

29. SOHC427

SOHC427

Roy, just need some more OT at work, and maybe sell of the extra Model T's and early Bronco's sitting around here, and Pimp out Eddies special services.....
    Eric