Register now to get rid of these ads!

The

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SCOTT GILLEN, Oct 31, 2012.

1. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

I have had a interest for Deuce Deliveries for years, even built a hiboy one in the 80's..I understand it is in northern California now. Help satisfy my curiosity, Can we come up with a list of Ford built Deliveries, that still exist, by name and state.... Julian's and John Deatts both in L.A,....Ralph L. (ECI) Conn., Racinmans in S.C., Doug Mc Rae's two, one flower car, one delivery..

2. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Does anyone have information on the the black delivery (32 Saturday Nite Special) that Jim Mothershead had in the early 80's , sold in mid late 80s to Johnny Rocca ...Also what became of the JJ, Belkengren car....

3. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Sorry none for you. If you can't eat BBQ you don't need a sd.

4. mcbay

mcbay

Hey Jack, what about that Edwards Delivery in Virginia?:rolleyes:

5. swbatt

swbatt

Good looking cars, all of em.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  6. All I can add is that there sure is not enough of them to go around. But I sure do think they are cool deuces. Wish I had one.

7. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Found another one

Attached Files:

8. Jack,,are you messing with us?

The Sedan Delivery looks like it just might be a glass body. HRP

9. Geez, I was looking at one yesterday at Goodguys Pleasanton in the car corral. It was all steel, fenderless, 2" chop, light blue. Asking was 45K if I remember right. And no, idiot me didn't think to take a pic. :mad:

10. 1947vert

1947vert
    from Minnesota

The JJ, Belkengren, Delivery is owned by Morrie Lamb who Ed sold the car to many years ago. Morrie had the car in Arizona last winter. Here is a picture that I took.

Attached Files:

11. 32 for me

32 for me
    from SO. CAL.

I have been looking for one for years, I don't won't a finished car. A few years ago I was able to pick up a title for one (historic collection of course) it states right on the title sdn delivery.

12. alchemy

alchemy

VERY nice purchase. I'm going to miss seeing it around these parts. Hopefully you aren't going to change it.

(You do know it's a recreation, right?)

13. 51wagon

51wagon
    from northwoods

Here's a photo of JJ's delivery taken at the 1969 Madison run (I think). Note the added graphics.

Attached Files:

14. yeah,,not as it came from the factory but it is nice. HRP

15. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Are you going to sand blast it like you did the 3W?

16. 4psi

4psi

So it's just a regular two door sedan? Any more details or information?

17. That'll be a nice home for a blown Ardun.

18. alchemy

alchemy

It was a regular tudor, with a rear door conversion added by the guy in Wisconsin or Michigan. This car was in the magazine article (Street Rodder or RnC?) about the guy a few years ago.

This car is VERY NICELY done, and I hope Mr. Gillen doesn't change it up much. An Ardun would be way too much for this car. Up until last year the car even ran a '32 four cylinder.

>>>>>>> Hey! Anybody notice the post with his purchase pic is now missing? Maybe he didn't know it was a recreation? Sorry if I spoiled the sale.

19. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

alchemy: I think you might have hit a raw nerve? Looks like he might have picked up his toys and went home. Dam shame, he sure has nice stuff!

20. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

It wasn't him, it's the fact that this needs to be a open place of real conversation and as such we need to say what we want. Ryan will shut down a thread for the reason he see's fit without see'ing that the whole point is to have a place to air. I can't stand haters and I have seen many in my time here…..I do what I want to and if you knew me you would know that. I am just tired of hearing about what one thinks they know and what they really do. I left this forum for this very reason and here we are agin. I have posted in the past pictures for the ones that will never see and for that reason only. I also post just to show what I was doing because some guys dig it, thats it…. I am not here to blow my horn, I know what I have done in life and I know what I'm still gonna do. The cars I have done are just what they are….I am not pissed off just tired of key board pussies. I could say much more but then again it would be edited…..The cars if interested to see, will be around.

I have always said, without haters we have no success.

Scott

21. Huh? Did I miss something or did I just flip into some parallel universe?

I was enjoying this thread and learning some stuff I didn't know...and then suddenly...

22. alchemy

alchemy

I hope you're not calling me a keyboard pussy. I instantly recognized the car you pictured (now gone) and called it what it was. It's a gorgeous car, and I know where it came from. I will miss seeing it in Des Moines this summer.

23. Who was "hatin'"? I don't see anything in this thread that would've warranted you pulling the photo and essentially deleting your original post. I didn't see the photo, but I can gather based on what I've read what car you're talking about. Sure, it didn't come from Ford as a SDL, but who cares; it's a super well done conversion and very nice car.

You need to get a thicker skin. I'd have thought that someone in your profession would be able to take any praise and/or criticism that comes your way in stride without letting it affect you. This isn't the first time you've done something like this.

24. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

The guys just tired of all the f**king experts around here.

25. You mean the ones that actually know what they are talking about? This WAS a good thread until the OP took down the original post.

26. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

Remember, ALL '32 Sedan Deliverys originally came from Ford as tudors.
    Ford sent the bodies to a coach builder & had the rear doors installed, then most, but not all, had sheet metal covered masonite panels installed in the window openings, the others still had glass windows.
    Now guys are doing that again, that's great, so now if you want one you can have one.

I love 32 Fords as much as anyone ( I've owned about 25),but I find the '32 SD's boring, as they are just a tudor.

All the other Ford SD's had unique bodies (the 28/29 is the exception, it shared some components with the tudor) , With these others, it's their unique / good looks that sets them apart.

27. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

I really am sorry I messed up the thread but just get tired of all the crap that I get in PM's and then read shit that just tends to start shit. The purpose for me to post, is to share the stuff with guys out there I might never meet and to get a conversion going about hot rods. I was talking to this guy the other day that could put my stuff to shame with his collection and we just had fun walking in his building. He has well over 100 cars and some of it as rare as all hell, there was no pre conception by either one of us, just good old fun and an understanding of each other passion for the love of cars……pure and simple and if this site and or this thread was that, what a better place it would be. If you have something to say that adds to the thread or the cars or the conversation thats positive, then say it. If your 15 minutes of a bullshit line is gonna start shit, then move on to another thread were that kind of shit is welcome. I prefer just the ones that like to see what others are doing……why not take this thread to that point, if you have something to share that will bring someone a better day when there having a shit day, then post a picture of it so we can see. I have been told that I seem to be an asshole and my skin should be tough, well my skin is pretty tough for the shit I have encountered in this life. This joint here is not about my skin you thoughts of my skin and or comments of and other than the cars we post here to look at and have a great conversion about. What's the point of saying to someone, you car would be better off if you….or if you…….Just fucking enjoy the picture and move on or show me yours….really kind of easy if you ask me….Sorry again for deleting the pics but its all new and a fresh and fair thread and open to all there's no pictures at all…….With that I will start…….

Hello my name is Scott and yes I have a car problem. I bought the Sedan Delivery and yes it's a repo but done by a great guy that did a great job on the transformation.

Attached Files:

28. 117harv

117harv

Scott, thanks for coming back, I as well as hundreds of other members here truly enjoy what you have been sharing.