Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wondering about 53 F100 Panel production numbers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Joe's Garage Montana, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Just got this (pictured) '53 panel , I and everyone in my nearby 'old car ' community have never seen a ford panel in the 50s , with factory installed side windows in the rear , Just wondering if anyone here has any info on how many of these , with side glass, were made , I already know that much less than 10,000 panels were made , The original color is red .
    I got it running yesterday after a 30 plus , year hibernation.
    Oh, I also drug home the 62 Continental, and it's cousin , a 61 ragtop, the same model (sorta) as the Kennedy car

Attached Files:

2. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

Its not a factory install, it most likely was done by a conversion company, for a school bus, hearse, ambulance etc. Ford did not factory produce a windowed panel truck.

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd say that Trailer-Ed hit it right on the nose. They never made any with side windows at the factory and that was either done in a conversion shop or someone did it or had it done.

See Chevy suburbans running down the street, like Ford F100's better or get a killer deal on a panel and make your own version of a Ford Burb.

4. there is a badge on the side vent I just noticed , Cannot remember the name , But, I remember it was the same badge I'd seen on ambulances , I sat in it and the visibility was amazing , so I'll restore it with the windows , make a daily driver (like my avatar) only I will be able to see to change lanes , I just have a thing for these old panels , and COES of the fifties and earlier, Thanx , Joe

5. Went to take a closer look at the 53 yesterday , It has "Siebert" badges on the cowl vents, At least the side windows were done by a reputable corporation . I'm happy with it ...

6. willymakeit

willymakeit

That's nice.
    Probably not many made.

7. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Really like the look, makes the truck look smaller. Will make a nice ride.