Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody price batteries lately

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junkyardjeff, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobMcD

BobMcD

If you have a Costco nearby, check them out. I have found them to have the best warranty and the lowest price. Made by Johnson Controls. Same as Interstate, Autozone, DieHard and many others. There are only a few manufacturers out there, but alot of brands. I many cases the only difference is the label.

2. Roothawg

Roothawg

I read somewhere that the last, US lead plant closed upon the opening of the new one down in Australia. They supposeably could import it cheaper than comply with the EPA regs.

Also, the one here in the US was mainly for batteries, no ammo.

3. I just found this out after using an online 20% discount e-mail from Advanced auto, still was in at 93 bucks for a 780 cold cranking amps.

4. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Sounds like a battery tender is going to be a good investment.

5. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Not seeing it here at the store I get my batteries from. My local BiMart store still sells Exide batteries with 84 month warranty for $70. Just bought one recently to replace the one that was 9 years old and finally gave up.

6. James Curl

James Curl

I took a Walmart battery back to my Walmart and asked the tech to check it as it was only two months old and I might have a charging problem. He said to just get another one from the rack without even checking my old battery, said that they were made in Mexico and half of them were delivered bad. Was in Sears yesterday checking tools and 90% of all Craftsman tools are now made in China, its a shame.

7. squirrel

squirrel

I've been using walmart batteries for a long time, haven't had one go bad yet, but I replace them every 5 years whether they need it or not (and use the old ones around the shop or in junkers)

8. I got one at Sam's Club for a OT Teryx (4wheeler)-cheaper than what the book showed by application. Find the specs that show HxWxD and cca.you can usually find a better deal unless there's no room to deviate from stock. Ain't nuthin else stock in most of our stuff. Just a thought.

Posted using a Western Electric dial-up modem

9. i paid a 140 for mine a month ago ....

and expecting pay alot more in the not to distant future .... and dont want to get into subject ( of politics )

10. robyyo

robyyo
    from Orange CA

I've got a local, family owned, battery shop around the corner from me. $49.90 with core. Never had any issues with them. Powertron in Santa Ana.

11. Gman0046

Gman0046

Needed a battery recently Walmart, Auto Zone and Advance Auto Parts right at $100. Bought one at Costco for $69 with a better guarantee.

12. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

I have been buying Interstate blems for years, just bought one yesterday for $40.

13. Motorcraft batteries from the local Ford dealer.... Not cheap, but the last one went over nine years. Second choice, Interstate; nearly the same length of time.

14. Had to replace the battery in my plane (24V) $674.00 Everything I own that starts with a battery has a battery tender attached to it.

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yea, I know about them and I know about their prices. They're right at or higher than the auto parts store. I got an O'Reilly's brand and it was better and cheaper than the Mega Interstate.

But EVERYTHING else is high, so I just deal with it. Speculation or not, the prices on stuff are inflated.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  16. squirrel

squirrel

I can't afford to leave batteries in vehicles that long....just like tires and oil, I change them on a regular basis.

17. 117harv

117harv

Here is a middle of the road average for price and life for a battery. Battery, $100.00, life of it 3 years. Items increase in price every year but a $100.00 or abit over for an item that lasts a few years is a problem...really? I bet most spend that in gas in a week.

18. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Hush! We're old and bitching. Who let you in my house?:D

19. oldolds

oldolds

I go to the junk yard for most of my battery needs. $15-$20 for your choice, the have a bit of a guarantee, something like if it dosen't hold a charge for a day or two you can get another one. Only thing that gets a brand new battery is mom's car, pop is as cheap as me for his rides.

20. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

I thought it was just the Sears Di Hard line. Last week I paid $130 for my battery. When I asked "why so much" the salesman said the Chinese are buying up all the lead. Is that true?

21. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just bought a battery at Walmart, mainly because Consumer Reports Magazine rated them highly. I had to sort through the pile to find one that was dated about 2-months old (date of manufacture). There was one on the shelf that was dated almost 2-years old ! Gotta watch every damn thing you buy .........:mad:

22. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

The battery that is in the 37 now is from wally world and I had problems with it since the first winter going low if not started regularly,I have managed to keep it going for 5 years and since the floor is off to replace the master cylinder its time to replace the battery too. The previous battery was from Autozone and was in it for about 8 years and then in a neighbors car for 2 years,I should have taken the battery back but was too lazy to take the floor out and suprised I was able to keep it going as long as it did. I am going to get a battery in it this weekend but doubt I will be able to drive it due to the weather coming in.

23. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

can anyone buy from here? my motorhome is gonna need 4 big 6v ones.

24. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Probably not, but it's popular to say so.

25. 3030

Where do you find ones that fit under the floor board, seems like the 6volts are always to high. Did get a Exide for the 35 that the height was 7 1/2 but the thing is small.

26. toughnut

toughnut
    from Arizona

Me too! The same people that make Interstate batteries. There are Walmarts everywhere and they exchange them without any hassle! I once tried to have a defective Interstate exchanged at a Firestone store and they wanted to charge me a 29.95 battery test charge. Go with Walmart!

27. flynstone

flynstone

costco, take it back every two years no questions asked

28. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I am going to wally word in a few minutes and check prices,going to call Interstate tomorrow and price blems.

29. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

on this subject - saw a documentary show on what happens to many old batteries - shipped over to India part of the world where shipping containers full of batteries are dumped in a dirt salvage area. people, with no safety equipment, in sandals and shorts bust the batteries open with hammers, etc. they remove the lead plates for reuse. get paid by how many batteries they work each day. another one of those deals of outsourcing.

30. JunkYardGuy

JunkYardGuy

Just had to pay $56.00 at Walmart for a battery for my Honda ATV. Good thing I brough the old battery with me because they have a $15.00 core charge too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.