Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 64/65 Comets old drag cars lets see pictures

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by apound, Feb 17, 2009.

1. 65COMET

65COMET

Micky;I know a few 65 Comet owners who would love to have one,PLEASE make the call!! Big Mike;I'm about 50-50 on going,already paid my money back in October! ROY.

2. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

The girls will be at Mooneyes Christmas Show, signing calenders for giveaways!! I'm not sure which ones, though. I think Ernie will use them to cook, bake, and do general pit-related chores while they are there!
    Hanging out with Ernie? Shucks! It was longest work day I've had in awhile! In between the few pictures I was able to snap off, I was lugging photo equipment, moving lights, untangling cords (and repairing a few wardrobe malfunctions!), you name it, I was the on-set assistant! Those ladies sure do require alot to make 'em look so purty!!! I'm sure we'll get some extras for you guys. Ernie likes to make a donation to a charity during the Christmas season if anyone wants to go that route !

3. 65COMET

65COMET

Dale;what is your status for December 7?You got the ROCKET ready to rumble? ROY.

4. AFX DAVE

AFX DAVE

I found an old picture of Dyno Don 65 AFX Comet with the chopped top and the car had the full front bumper with the splash panel molded to the bumper. So if you can find the mold you got it made. As far as the front headlight covers go the only 65 FX Comets that had them were the 7 Factoy backed AFX Comets and Doug Nash's 65 BFX Comet. They were added later in the season, any other Comets thet had them I don't know of. ~~~AFX DAVE~~~

5. Dale, hotties with 2 killer cars sounds like a great day.:D

micky69, goodluck with the bumper mold. I'm in for 1 if you find it.

clearspot, the dog dish caps and steelies looks good. Reminds me of my teenage years.

Roger

6. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

Hey,can't remember if this image of the Platt Comet was ever posted.Anyhow,I think it's killer and worth a repost! I'd love to see more of this one!!!
    Myron_

[​IMG]

7. Analog Dog

Analog Dog
    from Utah

Good picture showing the one piece fiberglass front bumper and splash pan.

Attached Files:

8. 65COMET

65COMET

We were talking about a 65,two different animals.that looks good on that 64 though!! ROY.

9. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

A little different one here on the '65

Attached Files:

10. AFX DAVE

AFX DAVE

That the correct bumper for 65 AFX Comet, that was made with a two piece mold, if looking close you can seam in the center of the bumper. The 65 BFX bumper is a little Differant in the center. It will still work! Find someone that has a BFX Comet that will let you use there Bumper to make a mold. P.S. Do Ask Me for my Bunpers. ~~~AFX DAVE~~~

11. 65afxcomet

65afxcomet

Dave , do you know why the bumpers were different between a/fx and b/fx in 65 ??
    The bumper on my 65 a/fx ( or b/fx if you wish to call it ) was gone but rick kirk was generous and kind enough to sell my brother terry an original one years ago .
    Hamps

12. AFX DAVE

AFX DAVE

Bill Stropp built the 65 AFX Comets at his shop in California. When they decited to make a batch of BFfX Comets the front bumper mold was missing so a new mold was made of which the center section was Differant, back then who cares so Cal Glass made a new mold. That's the story that I heard years ago.
    Rick Kirk and Me go back 30 years, he helped me out many a time. Back in the 80's we had swap tables next to each other in the Ford Spring Columbus Swap Meet. ~~~AFX DAVE~~~.

13. SIX GUN

SIX GUN

Old video

<IFRAME height=360 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hxHQdf8WHOE?feature=player_detailpage" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

14. 65COMET

65COMET

SIX GUN;great video! What were you doing just before you staged? Looked a little frantic in there!! It looked like it spun on the hit,is this normal? I'm headed to Irwindale Friday for an A/FX race on Saturday [it might rain though],last race for me until the March Meet next year! ROY.

15. SIX GUN

SIX GUN

ROY:
    I think the shoe polish was rolling around by my feet... That was before I moved the engine back (9 1/2") it use to spin all the time...
    Good luck, and have fun on Saturday (I'm still waiting for next year)...

16. ec164

ec164
    from MI

nice vid six gun! your car sounds good too!......Al

17. 65 comet

65 comet
    from ohio

six gun that car is awesome, hope you get back down this way sometime soon.

18. 65COMET

65COMET

SIX GUN;11.07,pretty quick,what setup was on the engine back then?Your Comet is just TOO KOOL!!!! ROY.

19. SIX GUN

SIX GUN

ROY:
    It had the big Webers on it at that time, if you look on the windshield there's 10.98 dial-in from the week before...

20. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

A 60% chance of rain means a 40% chance it won't, that's what I'm hoping for! Well Roy, at the very least, we'll feast like kings the night before !!

21. tpw35

tpw35

My car is a Falcon but I though some of you guys that have built comets could help, I need to upgrade the rear leaf springs on my 65 falcon, I can get a 4 leaf or a 5 leaf spring for it, It currently has a 3 leaf under it and it isnt stiff enough, I need more ride height and I am getting some wheel hop, the car is street driven with occasional strip action.

22. powrshftr

powrshftr

I have the 5 leaf in mine and it was the best single improvement I ever made to my car.
    You won't regret it!

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. tpw35

tpw35

24. FrankyV8

FrankyV8
    from Holland

25. 65COMET

65COMET

FrankyV8;is that the 64 Comet in England? ROY.

26. I have Calvert mono leaf springs. They are lighter than a five pack, fit the stock location and can be ordered at whatever ride height you want. The cost if pretty comparable to stock springs. At the cal-tracs traction bars and you wheel hop will disappear

27. powrshftr

powrshftr

That's the setup I always wanted to run!

28. ec164

ec164
    from MI

Roy I'm sure the name Jon Webster is it....7.77@177 w/glide yates headed
    400 cube Windsor and a big turbo if my memory serves me correct. The car is
    BADDDDD, and that chassis is too!.......Al

29. ec164

ec164
    from MI

In Action!!!

Attached Files:

30. 65COMET

65COMET

Al;it has to be the same Comet!! That is one quick and fast car!!! ROY.