Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone know anything about this car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DocWatson, Sep 7, 2007.

1. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I found this pic and had to down load it, made me 'Happy in my pants'.
    What I would like is some info on the car, all I know is it was a 60s build and its bitchin! I want to build something like it for my next project.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks all,
    Doc.

2. Flatman

Flatman

It looks like a California plate. Is the pic from a magazine shot?

Flatman

3. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Looks terrifying. I dig it.

I think there are a lot of overly low, overly long, underpowered hot rods these days.

4. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No I have only seen one other pic of it, a side on shot. Found them on the net but no accompanying info.

5. sneakyPete

sneakyPete
    Alliance Vendor

I saw that pic. in the back of a Rod and Custom from a few years ago- in the back, where they did excerpts from the old "little pages"-they showed coverage from about 1960, at a small, outdoor show. There were a couple pics showing that T pickup. I dont recall if they named the owner. I have the mag. in the lunchroom at the store- I could probably dig it up. PM me in a couple days if you want.
    Pete

6. '32 rails, radius rods on the front, looks like a Ford torque tube rear in the back, big Chrysler Hemi, T body - doesn't look like it would be hard to clone up just from that photo.

I've seen pix too of a T body on a '36 frame that came out pretty nice, although it's a turtledeck and had a track nose on it.

7. DRD57

DRD57

It's still around. Looks like it's got some new tires but otherwise looks pretty much the same.

[​IMG]

8. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

This pic was posted a few weeks back by someone on here... it was then said to be built by Ross Heale & Jack Foye.

I think Jimmy White had some info on it?

...bad ass car. I'd call this one a major influence of mine.

Attached Files:

9. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

bttt, Anyone know who's car it is now?, that thing is pretty cool.

10. DeuceDog

DeuceDog
    from Breese, IL

Don't want to nit-pick but...the head lights are behind the shocks on the red one and infront on the truck Doc is asking about. Same truck? Just asking.
    DD

11. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

gotta be the same one

12. Have had this cutout, enlarged, framed, and mounted on my shed wall for a long time, as it still 'rattles my can' every time I look at it...

Can ya just imagine it, 1960, Bakersfield, 131MPH in 11.7 seconds........WOW.........built by Ross Heale & Doug Peterson.

[​IMG]

that thing just ROCKS...

Cheers,

Drewfus

13. customcory

customcory

I was always planning to do a drawing of this car, glad you reminded me. Its a mean S.O.B.:D

14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, guys thanks for the info, Drewfus that is awesome!
    Someone needst to put that car back to the way it should be.

15. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

YES! The slicks and dirt tires with the top really make the truck look tough!

16. Rossheale'sboy

Rossheale'sboy

That's my fathers hot rod. I haven't seen her in 6 years. My father Edwin Ross Heale became paralyzed when I was 10 years old I'm now 17. If you would like info please feel free to ask. I'm actually looking for her! Please help.

17. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

Very cool... but sorry to hear about your pops.

The pick-up has been shown twice in the last three or four years at the Grand National Roadster Show in Pomona. I'll see if I can dig up a pic with the show board, perhaps a name for ya...

As for info, do you have any other pictures of the truck? Specifically the interior or perhaps some that were taken during the build? I really have a thing for this little machine and would like to know and see all I can about it...

18. 39ChevyBob

39ChevyBob

I met the guy that owns this last Saturday, parked across from him at a car show in La Verne. He sometime comes to the NHRA Cruise, which I'm heading to in an hour. Will see if he is there, or my friend that's known him for years, and see if I can get some contact info.

19. Rossheale'sboy

Rossheale'sboy

I can look for more pictures I know that was not the only rod he built. He built her in Arcadia as a 16yr old boy. They have this hot rod drive in Arcadia every year so if you guys look that up maybe you'll see something. My father can talk but has no voice but I will tell him about how everyone loves his rod. I would love to inherit her but who knows. All I have from my father is a 1986 gmc suburban that was sitting in a dirt lot for 5 years I restored her. Thank you everyone

20. gbgh

gbgh

So
    Sorry, did not get the current caretaker's name, but the car's alive and well, saw her at Pomona, making quite a stir. Have a couple more pic if you want mt to post!

21. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Re-popping an old thread here.
    Does anyone know the whereabouts of this car today. I remember it from the Temple City - Arcadia, CA area in the '60's. Badass car. I know it had been in storage for a number of years and showed up in the early 2000's. I last saw it at LARS in '08 before I moved to WA.

22. loudbang

loudbang

Look in the roadster pickup thread today it may be the same one.

brady1929 and Hotrodmyk like this.