Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for a specific SW gas gauge - any help?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by h.i., Dec 3, 2013.

1. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

Howdy! I've been looking for a gas gauge to put in this cluster since I bought it. I've seen similar looking ones but nothing that matches. It's a 2" rear mount SW from the 40's. Not sure what it came out of originally. I was hoping one of you gauge guys might have something around. If anyone has one they would like to sell please contact me, my roadster and I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

That cluster is either from a truck or more likely a piece of equipment and I really doubt you will find a fuel gauge for it.

3. fleetside66

fleetside66

Just out of curiosity, how do you know that the small gauges are S/W? Does it designate Stewart Warner on the gauges somewhere? Also, does the water temp gauge actually work? Good luck with the fuel gauge.

4. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

I know it's a long shot, that's why I posted. I've seen VERY similar gauges on ebay but they don't quite match. Face is white with black type, or the needle is different, etc…

They are all stamped SW and dated on the back, as well as the big script on the front of the tach.

I was trying to avoid a separate gas gauge somewhere else on the dash. Going to take some creativity or luck.

Thanks for the replies!

5. Timberbeast

Timberbeast

Can you install a new SW gauge in the original housing? There are threads on here that will guide you with the conversion.
    Good Luck