Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage New Drag Strip coming in Connecticut...maybe!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LeadSledMerc, Dec 3, 2013.

1. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Attached Files:

2. 51 MERC-CT

51 MERC-CT

"Full Size Drag Strip to open in Connecticut!"
    Little bit of a misnomer as the proposed strip is to be 1/8 mile:confused:

3. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

The article talks about building the 1/8 mile "Holeshot" strip first because they can do it quickly...then they'd use this 1/8 mile strip for launch testing and 60 ft times, once the "Full Size Strip" is built.

Either way, it's better than nothing I'd say!

4. BigAl1961

BigAl1961

I live in the area,and would love to see it happen, but believe me, it'll never go. Too many have tried and ALL have failed. There will never be another drag strip of any kind in CT. The powers that be will see to that.

5. 51 MERC-CT

51 MERC-CT

!00 ft. 'holeshot' first followed by 1/8 mile according to article.

"He said the plans call for the 100-foot drag track to be up and running first with the eight-mile track to follow. "

6. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Good luck to them... maybe with the bad economy it could get through?

7. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Yep, you're right. I had to go back and read it again.
    $hit, my driveway is longer than that "Holeshot" strip!
    I guess we can wait and see if it goes any where.

8. CruZer

CruZer

Thanks,Keith.
    Hey, there are lots of eighth mile tracks in other parts of the country. We need one here ! You gotta start somewhere !

9. 51 MERC-CT

51 MERC-CT

Seems to me that I remember that after Connecticut Dragway (my old boss) closed down someone was running 1/8 mile drags for a short period of time at Thompson Speedway.

10. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

I agree an 1/8th mile strip would be great to have in the area, but what do you do with a 100' strip????

11. I thought I saw this here a few weeks ago..........maybe not.
    Check out this site http://hdra.net/ Kieth, we are already building two cars for the 1/8 mile!

Sorry I just reposted your first link..................didn't see it the first time.
    Tom

12. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

.... I Agree .. I saw what happened at our track "just' to get the town permit EACH year.....way too many hurdles to jump. Watch what happens if they get as far as a public hearing ..complaints about noise, traffic, property values, safety....."if" they wade through all the inspections-insurance-site plans-EPA-......I predict It isn't going to happen. Guess we'll all see.

13. scootrz1

scootrz1
    from usa

would love to see it happen but as said by others people have tryed and not gotten any where ...I would run at it

14. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Connecticut seems to be on a MISSION to keep drag racing out of the state. Property values are at a premium and those folks, in those nice, expensive homes, just don't want to hear loud cars. It sucks, but it's true.

15. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good luck to the folks trying to do this. It's hard enough to keep established tracks open, much less build a new one. KCIR used to be a ways out in the country, then folks who wanted to live "in the country" started to build around it, and once the homes were built they bitched about that noisy dragstrip disturbing their peace and quiet. The city condemned the property, bought the land, and turned it into a park for those asshole homeowners that bitched.

http://fox4kc.com/2011/11/04/kcir-sale-leaves-area-racing-fans-angry/

16. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

same outfit not 1/8th mile but rumor was they were looking to build there this is my home track My son tried the Holeshot drags and was discussed with it for all the reasons they say ,Banked track ,no traction ,100 ft long etc. !/8th mile would be great then we'd have a local track we could run HA/GR cars at too.