Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Almost done with my '51 build... one question

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by wallster, Dec 3, 2013.

1. wallster

wallster
    from Buffalo NY

I've been making some steady progress on my '51 Ford f1 but I have a question about my fuel line. I ran a steel 3/8" line from the pump to the carb and connected them with a small piece of rubber fuel line. I flared the end of the steel line and used stepless clamps to attach it. Because the steel line is vertical (where the rubber line is attached), should I be concerned about leaks? Here are a few pics.

Thanks,

Wally

Attached Files:

2. Wally, nice job on the F-1, wonderful build. Looks to me like the fuel line is done with the utmost attention, to detail.
    With 4-7 p.s.i. on the fuel line, I see no concerns, other than when you go to replace the gas filter in the carb inlet, you will have to cut the clamp off.

3. I don't believe the hose knows weather it's vertical or horozontal when it comes to leaking. I'd have to say No to that question.
    The Wizzard

4. nice job

instead of making that connection to the nipple on the carb with rubber fuel line , i prefer to use steel line with inverted flare right to it . Edelbrock has a fitting to do that...part # 8090

http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/8090/10002/-1

5. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

The biggest issue I see is your shop is too clean:p......
    The fuel line looks fine to me, Probably would have been nice to make the bend in the steel tube rather than the fuel hose.

One good tip is when buying your fuel line ask for fuel injection hose, it is a lot higher quality and not as prone to cracking.