Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Doing Falcons Right

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falconizer_62, Jul 23, 2008.

1. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

Looks like there's just a bit of a point on the Valiant bumper. How does it compare to the hood when viewed from the top?

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. ditchdigger

ditchdigger
    from Eugene,OR

16X7 shod in 205/55-16's I am running 1" spacers all around.

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Thank you!

4. ditchdigger

ditchdigger
    from Eugene,OR

These mustang wheels are cheap. I passed on a few sets for 100 until I found some with the knockoffs for $150 and this tire size is the right diameter and also very common and inexpensive. The 55 series doesn't look too modern and low profile but drives great.

5. Locoxp

Locoxp

Looks good. How you going for sump clearance when the front air bags are full down? Mine hit:/

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

the sump is almost 3" and the exhaust flange is 1" with the bags down. bumps or rocks would be a problem, but it would at least drive to get it off the road. that's the plan anyway... we'll see how it actually turns out;)

7. DAGONITWIT

DAGONITWIT
    from NO VA

What's the best "bolt on" front suspension for fast DRAG RACE application? Would like to have multiple spring options with double adj shocks. Other than MII that is. '63 Hardtop. "Bolt on" just means readily available not one off.

8. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I think the Global West stuff is supposed to have a good reputation.

9. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

second vote for Global West. I have never seen one of their products that was not first rate and well thought out. They have a long standing reputation for excellence. The only issue for me has always been price with them.

10. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

Liking the 'crew cab'. :) The champagne color with the red in the trim looks great and the wheels compliment the whole look.

11. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

This is mine. Trying to 'do it right'. Working on putting in floors and inner rockers before I move on to the engine. Still running the 170 ci with the automatic. Looks better than it really is.

Attached Files:

12. For drag racing, I wouldn't change out the front suspension. Most of the stuff on the market is for street cars and Autocross/road racing. They are mostly designed for lowering and stiff for cornering.
    I would remove the front sway bar, get some good drag race shocks like Alston's Varishock and then concentrate on the rear end and getting it to hook up. As for front springs, there are different options in OE springs, plus plenty of other springs that can be tried depending on what you are trying to accomplish.

I have the Global West stuff in the front of my car and I don't see ANY advantage if it were a drag race car.

13. Falcondad

Falcondad
    from Tracy CA

Ok yea I have a aftermarket wiring harness so I figured it out. Works awesome way better and was easy to install.

ROTTEN CC Tracy Ca.

14. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I never did really post an update from the post on page 20, so here it is. We ended up putting a Hyd. roller cammed 347, with a Dyers 671 on it. coupled to a top loader and a 9" with a spool. My brother is a police officer so the name fits pretty well we thought. Our buddy Doug C. hand lettered it and tried to make it match the original patina that's on the car. Havent had it to the strip yet but its pretty peppy ; ).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

16. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Beautiful Falcon Russco! Nicely done!

17. Cool car Russco - but you really should change the class designation. Superchargers were NOT allowed in A/FX, B/FX, C/FX. They ended up adding the S/FX class specifically for Supercharged cars. Might seem nitpicky, but would make it more "authentic"

18. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Yeah, we just recently added the new blown motor (347). We had a single carbed 302 in it originally, but it just wasn't fast enough.... he will have to change that over the winter.

19. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

Russco, that thing is nasty! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Thanks, Its my brothers car. I just helped on the build. Its pretty fun we had a 5.42 gear in it for awhile. Talk about a stop light to stop light killer.

21. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

Would love to see it in person.

22. DAGONITWIT

DAGONITWIT
    from NO VA

Is the Mustang bumper not even close?

23. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Gary, I'm sure we'll cross paths with you this year we put a 3.89 gear in it now so he can actually drive it down the interstate. I don't know about driving it to Kentucky though....

24. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

nope, it has a little jog in it, and you can't bend it or cut it out. Camaro is better that way...

25. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

Rattle can rebuild. It's much better to look at now :)
    Next up is painting the cowl and the dash. Before I do this, I need the ac vents cut into the dash. 1 rectangle for the middle, and 2 round ones on either side of the dash.
    Does anyone know of a good source for these? They can even come off a late model if they look cool and aren't plastic looking. I would appreciate any input. Thanks :)

Attached Files:

26. Have a look at 63 impala AC vents . Will be very close to what you need and available as a new part.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using H.A.M.B. mobile app

27. Locoxp

Locoxp

What about 64 Cadillac for the round ones and 69-72 blazer centre unit if it fits. Kinda need something with some shape like the dash

28. tpw35

tpw35

I need an opinion on leaf springs, On my 65 falcon I need to replace the leaf springs with v8 springs, I currently have the 3 leaf 6 cylinder springs on it, I can get 4 or 5 leaf springs from Summit. Which ones should I go with, the car is street driven and I will ocasionally race it.

29. ffej

ffej

^^^^ Drag race or road course/Auto X race?

30. tpw35

tpw35

drag race occasionally, street driven.