Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Don Garlits wife Pat in the hospital again

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodJosh, Jan 3, 2013.

1. HotRodJosh

HotRodJosh

Just stopped by the Drag Race Museum to try and meet Don while I was passing through on vacation. I found out his wife Pat went to the hospital again last night. I was told she is not doing well. Keep her and Don in yours thoughts and prayers.

2. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

will do...She was not doing well this past summer when I talked to him.....you could tell it bothers him, and it takes alot of of him...which it would anyone in that situation...I feel bad for him..My prayers are with him.....

3. storm king

storm king

I had thought she was already in Hospice care. Usually they don't send folks from Hospice to a hospital, as Hospice is terminal care.
    Regardless of that detail, we'll sure keep them in our prayers.

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

My understanding was that when she wasn't well last Summer they made the decision to take her home rather than Hospice. So it looked like she was doing somewhat better.

Don and her are very close and I remember seeing him driving her around last Spring at BP on a golf cart. It must be a very hard time for the family and we wish her and them the best.

Don

5. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

Your right Don....When he was here last summer on the way to go eat he said she was at home...He was telling my wife and I how hard it was the do the house stuff, take care of her and run theh business....All my best to him and Pat....

6. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

God Bless you Pat.

7. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Oh no! Don is one of the nicest people I've ever met. Hope he and his wife jump this speed bump on this road of life. Lord knows drag racers hate bumps!

8. Great people will keep good thoughts going their way

9. aircap

aircap

Holding them both up in prayer.

10. Wishing the best for Don and Pat. Here is a short video that all should watch. It is the real Don Garlits with his wife. He is one of my inspirations, a real hero.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVHbzIzKJc4

11. God Bless her... My sweetheart was just diagnosed with cancer and I pray that all our loved ones have God's healing hands over them for a speedy recovery!

12. Keeping Pat and Don in my prayers!

13. HotRodJosh

HotRodJosh

Don just wrote me to say that Pat came out of coma this afternoon and he was right by her side. He was thrilled! She was surprised to be in the hospital! So good news for everyone.

14. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

that's great news thanks for posting.....

15. robber

robber

My heart felt thanks for what my hero and his better half have given me over the years... you can't put a price on their caring ways or the inspiration that they give people. You are in my thoughts and prayers, Pat and Don. :)...robber

16. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

my best to pat and don. they have had a ruff road . hopefully things will get better. prayers for them both.

17. thoughts and prayers to The Garlits....

18. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

That's really encouraging. I wish her and Don the best.

Don

19. TomP64

TomP64
    from Vancouver

Good news that she's doing better. Don's a good man.

20. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

That's great! Hope her recovery continues.

21. Pat and Don are on my Pyayer list

22. Don Garlits will be the first to tell you that he, and his wife Pat, have had a blessed life. I have known them both for over fifty years. She is one of the nicest, finest people that I have ever met. My prayers are with them and my daughter in law. We all need the healing power of prayer on occasion.

23. all the best to Don and family during this time. it's a tough road to have your best freind and partner ill..

Prayers go out to Pat.

From Rick and all my fellow ONDR racers.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

24. fleet-master

fleet-master

Does anyone know how Don and Pat are doing? did a search on google n found nothing much

25. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Seen Don in Somerset Ky back early this summer May 2013. Did not see Pat at his side as you usually do so I didn't ask.

26. goodturn

goodturn

I talked to Don at the Zephyrhills swap meet 2 weeks ago. He said that Pat was at home, but not doing well. He appreciates that we are concerned for her and thanked me for asking about her. Don had his 40 there and was promoting his book, "Tales from the Drag Strip". I now have 2 copies, and think that is a "must read" for all of us.

27. Prayers for Don and his Miss Pat.

28. fleet-master

fleet-master

Many thanks for the updates guys.

29. teddyp

teddyp

nice people my prays are with them

30. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

I agree with what teddyp said nice people my prays are with them.

This past summer I spoke with Don's daughter Donna and you could hear in her voice the love she has for her mom and dad. Please know that we are thinking of you and wishing you well.

Jim Hill