Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects [PROJECT] Laidout53 Part II

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HarborKustomSpeedShop, Oct 11, 2010.

1. oldman2

oldman2

The front bumper lines up so well with the step down angle of the grill, everything is looking so sweeeeeeet....Jim

2. you, my friend, are amazing.

3. bigpokie

bigpokie

Love this build. I like how all the work is smooth and flows easily throughout the whole build. I hope when I get around to the detail work on my ride I have the patience to get close to this !!

4. Looks like it was always that way! Nice and smooth .....

5. Thanks man, I absolutely didn't think it would go this far however I m very glad it has. thanks again

Thank you very much

thanks Dan, When I meet John D' Agostino the first time I showed him a couple pictures and he said the same thing, so thanks you it really means a lot!

Ya its crazy who would have ever though? thanks

Thanks Bud, how's yours going?

Thanks man, you can definitely do it its mind over matter just never give up.

Thank you, that's a huge compliment. That's my main goal is to make it look like it was there in 1953, so thank you...

6. bigpokie

bigpokie

that and more/better tools couldnt hurt. lol

7. JakeDW

JakeDW
    from Missouri

This truck just gets better and better my fav thread nothing gody or over done just RAD.

Jake

8. Looks awesome! I love the craftsmanship on this truck!

9. 53SuburMan

53SuburMan

Laiout53-

I love this truck. I followed it the first time around. You and a real eye and the tallent to pull it off.

Nicely done..

Marc

10. Thank you means a lot!

Thanks Marc!

11. sbdfabrication

sbdfabrication
    from wisconsin

any more progress...

12. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Hi Justin, Have you thought about cutting the center section out of the front bar the same as the grille bars and moving it forward and then weld it from behind, the center bump they have, it would look even more like the grille bars :D Just an idea buddy. Looks amazing and factory fitted, but nothing that fits that nice could really ever be called factory fitted, they were pretty rough back in the day when these things were new...... ;)
    Kenny.

13. started on the inner fenders, ill get some pictures up this weekend.

Thanks Kenny, that's an interesting idea I'll definitely look into it.

14. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Your welcome Justin, i thought it would tie it all together. This truck of yours would have to be one of the best examples of an early Dodge truck i have seen yet.

15. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Hey, no worries Justin. Look forward to your progress mate.

16. Can't wait to see the next round of updates...

17. thats some amazing work there ....

18. Looks awesome man, keep up the great work. Really clean.

19. Stone

Stone

Killer build. I love it.

20. banginona40

banginona40

Great work! I have always liked this truck.

21. Thanks everyone! I've been working on the inner fenders I'll try and post an update this weekend...

22. I've been working on the inner fenders lately. I wanted them to cover all the suspension to give it a clean look. They were going to be smooth but that just looked to plain. so I came up with a simple design to bead roll into them. The inner fenders utilize factory bolt holes and are completely removable.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m185/FnLow69/53%
    20dodge/DSCF1673.jpg

Next the steering u-joint was right were the driver side fender needed to go so I decided to make a cover for it.

[​IMG]

Here is the firewall support/mount that ties into the lip around the firewall

[​IMG]

Well after bead rolling the fenders the firewall now looks to flat so here is my proposed design for it?

[​IMG]

Next was time to make the triangle pieces that go under the floor of the cab.

Passenger side

[​IMG]

Drivers side

[​IMG]

View from inside the fenders

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thanks for looking, let me know what you think...

Justin

23. Apittslife

Apittslife

Makes me feel a bit ashamed, I have not touched mine in more then 6 months! :(

24. JakeDW

JakeDW
    from Missouri

Really nice fab work like always.

Jake

25. oldman2

oldman2

Justin, super nice work, everything looks great, and I like the way they attach...Jim

26. beautiful work Justin. Looks awesome!!!

27. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Beautiful work Justin, i had a feeling when i started looking that the firewall would be coming back out to get the fender treatment, i really love your build. Would be great if we could talk you in to putting a small block Mopar engine in too. hahahahaha. Fantastic all the same though.

28. Thanks!

Ya I knew that to, I wanted to do it in the beginning. I would put a hemi in this thing in a heart beat but don't have the money for one.