Register now to get rid of these ads!

wisconsin junkyard

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ENess, Nov 27, 2013.

1. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

And some more Fords. Including this nice two door 1960 wagon. And check out those cool buses in the background.

Attached Files:

2. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Lots of 50s Buicks in this yard and lots are very complete.

Attached Files:

3. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

The rest of the Buicks. The woody is very rare and worth big bucks restored. Anyone brave enough?

Attached Files:

4. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Pontiacs

Attached Files:

5. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

And a few more

Attached Files:

6. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Not too many Oldsmobiles!

Attached Files:

7. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Lots of good complete Hudsons and a couple of Nash including a Nash Jet with continental kit!

Check out the lovely bubble top in the background of the first picture

Attached Files:

8. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Some Kaisers including a rare two door in really good condition. Those make really cool sleds!

Attached Files:

9. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Pre-war cars.

Attached Files:

10. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

And a couple more early iron

Attached Files:

11. let's do it this spring!

12. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

winters the best time there will be no vegitation

13. Terrible Tom

Terrible Tom

Yes, you must be talking about Chase's in Camp Douglas. Still there. Kinda high priced. About 5 mi. from me.

14. edwardlloyd,...thanks a bunch for those pics.

15. There's lots of cool stuff in that yard...found a few 392 hemi's...
    but i don't like his pricing policy. asks what you want to give him for the parts, you tell him a price and he usually doubles it

16. jstanotheidiot

jstanotheidiot

Lets set a date!

17. Blown 61

Blown 61

any 66 or 67 belvedere wagons?????????

18. chromeazone

chromeazone

Terrible Tom: Yes, you are right, it is Camp Douglas ! (Camp Roberts is near Paso Robles, CA, an old home area.) It has been 30+ years since I lived in "Hustler, WI" trying to get back to the land, a popular trend at the time. But I made friends with locals who showed me some great old car dumps and old family stash pre war cars in machinery sheds (not for sale, of course). I always remember the yard in Camp Douglas because it did have '50's Hemi cars and old Buicks & nailheads (my other favorites).
    Hard to say what is useable as far as engines go. I don't doubt the winters have cracked many blocks. Boo Hoo! (I think their primary biz was a tow yard.)
    Thanks for keeping me honest !
    Another Tom in AZ

19. I think you will find that the the wooden drum in the first set of photos is from a tannery. The hides were put in there during various steps and each step often had a different drum.

I used to live in Johnstown-Gloversville N.Y. which was at one time and still is to a limited degree a major center for tanning and finishing leather. There were some of these drums around the abandoned mills and when I asked about using one to make a hot tub I was warned about the chemicals that had leached into the wood over the years.

Steve.

20. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I'm pretty sure Kesslers was a place my Dad and I stopped at af few years ago. Lots of neat stuff, and lots of parts. We also noticed lots of cars with trim pulled off and just laying on them. as well a piles of trim and other good stuff pulled off sitting by the "office". After asking about the prices on a few parts, and deciding it was above what we felt was fair, we understood why there were parts piles all over! Obviously, people pulled stuff before asking the price, and were then shocked when they were told what it would be!

21. bbc 1957 gasser

bbc 1957 gasser

need the window out of that willys aero

22. ...guess you have to tell him half what you wanna give!

23. I was waiting for someone to say that...no he's no dummy, I'd assume that's why some of that stuff is still sitting there.
    There was a W motor sitting right by the side of the road with factory chrome valve covers, when i asked he said 'not sure i wanna sell that unless you make a GOOD offer'
    Fun yard to walk though.
    He made mention of a few old hot rods stached in building around there and i'm assuming he owns a lot of real estate around the year for rentals.

24. lil runaway

lil runaway
    from Wisconsin

Anyone got a name or address?

25. bigmikesw

bigmikesw

That's a butter churn from a creamery. I have one on my gravity fed water system...

26. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

iam down for it,and i know that the guys will be also, if you want to go lets figure it out sometime over the winter, i got to call you in the next few weeks anyway.....world of wheels this year? any thoughts?

27. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

28. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Winter is best time for prices. Taxes due end of Jan. Also no one else there.

29. They used to have a couple of late '30 Willys sedans...gone now...my friend got one.
    There was another great yard about 15 minutes from this one where I got several Willys parts over the years, but it is gone now... I remember a very nice Morris Minor convertible. Best time to go to that neck of the woods is late fall or early spring...this will help you avoid the ticks, bees and mosquitos. If you go in the middle of winter, you better know where the stuff is...the snow gets deep. I have a cabin about 20 miles south.
    g-willys

30. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Just be nice I was at one of mine and some fuckin tatooded jerk came in with a rad he pulled before he asked and got a number on it and he told my pal too much.....then threw on the floor and told him to get fucked not cool but it is not the first time I seen this it is there yard, their price I found a little yakkin with owners goes a long way , by my pal with the yard now says (when I see tats or earings I know what too expect) courtesy goes a long way I wanted to say something to the little prick but my buddy says hey now I dont have to pull it all he would have had to do was counter the price and he would have had it I seeing lots of geniuses at the swap meets as of late all dopes!