Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects KIWI MADE 1927 T Lakes modified - Journey to the end of the road!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodbox, Mar 31, 2012.

1. daddio211

daddio211

2. woodbox

woodbox

I might have to try that in the morning when I get home from work.

3. woodbox

woodbox

Back to the certifier for a check on the remedial work I have done. All good! The noise levels came in just under the limit. Because the pipes are so short there is an allowance for engine mechanical noise. The torque converter has fins to cool (No external cooler) the fluid. These fins whistle when the revs are up so they are as loud as the exhaust and I cant shut that up!

4. Sounds like a done deal then aye.
    Road testing ( a lot of ) is a big must now.
    You know where I live.

5. woodbox

woodbox

I was planning a visit in Feb, on the way to the pre 49's

Sent from my GT-S6500D using H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. krazee

krazee

Sounds like Whangaroa on Saturday would be an ideal shake down!

7. woodbox

woodbox

I am planning a run to Cape Reinga as a shakedown, probably in January sometime. The Boss is getting a new hip for Xmas, so that might slow things down for a couple of weeks!:cool:

8. Great Progress Wade , keep at it and enjoy the trip to Masterton mate :)

9. woodbox

woodbox

1385607581294.jpg Today I spent some time machining up an adapter for a converter, to run on my speedo.

My speedo is calibrated in Kms, but the ratios of the diff, tyre diameter etc were throwing the reading on the dial so far out that the numbers were actually reading closer to Mph(when I was doing 50kph the dial was showing 30mph etc)........So.......I had a thought!

I know it doesn't happen often!

A few years ago I bought a converter designed to retro fit onto Mph speedos when our country changed to decimals in 1969. I figured that if my speedo is that far out, maybe, just maybe, one of those converters might bring it back into line with what it should be displaying on the dial.

I made up a couple of bits on the lathe to accept the threaded collet attaching the cable to the back of the speedo. This meant that I could simply disconnect the cable from the speedo, insert the converter, and connect the cable to that and whammoo! We are in business!

I used the app that I had downloaded onto my phone mentioned earlier and went for a run a few minutes ago.
    Success!!! they both agree, within about 2%. I am stoked!

And did you see the bees and flys on the grill! I really don't want to clean them off........Is that weird, or what?
    Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  10. daddio211

daddio211

11. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Bugs?

Attached Files:

12. davo461

davo461

Wade, get out and drive that baby!
    Just remember that the most important component in the car is you; be careful of that component!

13. Bugs. Wait till you get your first stone chip, then yer really 'stylin it. ' :)

14. woodbox

woodbox

15. woodbox

woodbox

16. woodbox

woodbox

My last car I managed to wipe out a bird on our first trip!!! Normally you can't even get em if you try!

I always look after number one.....takes too long to heal nowadays.

You can always repaint! Stone chips are a badge of honor, hard earned and displayed with pride.

17. Mark Fox

Mark Fox

Your car sounds very cool.

18. woodbox

woodbox

Thanks mate. I like it!:cool:

19. woodbox

woodbox

Got out the tiny brush today and primed then painted the wheel weights. They looked awful on the black wheels, so now they are all black also!

We have a Christmas parade tomorrow in town. There is usually a huge group of bikes and Hotrods involved, so here is hoping that the weather holds out. 25deg C today (77 F) and sunny. We stand around for a couple of hours shooting the shit while the judges do their bit, then after the parade everyone assembles at the local high school grounds for BBQ, popsicles, lolly (candy) scrambles and entertainment.

In New Zealand for 3 weeks over Xmas and New years the whole country seems to shut down and head to the beach! We have to deal with sunburn, BBQ's, surfing and ski boats. No snow, eggnog or blizzards here!

Perfect roadster weather for the next 3 months!

20. Heck mate, letz rub it in more like for the next 4 to 5 months we enjoy perfect hot rod weather.

21. :mad:Thats if yer car's finished :mad: still waiting for my cert plate:confused:

22. daddio211

daddio211

23. woodbox

woodbox

24. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Never thought I'd say it, but I I, like it better with the baffles. But either way it's way cool rod. Now go kill some bugs and burn some dinosaurs.

Scotty.

25. woodbox

woodbox

That's the plan!

26. Its raining down here today, but i got a warant on the hot rod, :) so come on fellas, get them stickers on your cars.

27. Mark Fox

Mark Fox

28. woodbox

woodbox

Just golf ball sized HAIL!

29. Mark Fox

Mark Fox

30. woodbox

woodbox

1385785274541.jpg 1385785297130.jpg 1385785313938.jpg The Christmas parade today was fun. Plenty of cars and so many smiley faced kids out in the sun. A great day for it.

Last edited: May 25, 2015