Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Can't afford a 32 3 window, make one.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Turkey, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Listen I don't want to go into more detail of the hell they put me through, I only touched the surface. I did not take any plea deal, all charges were dropped except for the title crap. After probation it will all be expunged including the arrest. Please don't muddy up my build thread with ex cops running their traps, I was not arrested the morning of my home invasion it was weeks later. That shit is behind me now, if you don't believe me go pound sand. I will update this thread from time to time, please keep the negative crap to your self. Thanks again to those that believe in me. David

jtruelove44 likes this.
  2. daddio211

daddio211

You two are right on the money! Lets figure out how to get Dave and Shelby's hot rod back and leave our opinions, theories, perspectives and love/hate for law enforcement out of it!

My '27 T Roadster build: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t= 734383

3. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

As Dave said, "all charges were dropped", except one. That's not a plea deal, that's the system finally realizing they couldn't make a case.
    Not sure what is strange about the case, other than how it was handled by the police/DA, and the way people have responded here. Most of what was reported in the news was the usual sensationalism the media makes of the information they also garner from the police.
    I guess I'm surprised too, but mainly surprised that people are so gullible they would take media coverage as gospel.

4. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Couldn't have said it better! Hope to see another build thread from Dave someday soon!

5. ChefMike

ChefMike

great workmanship!

6. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

HT - just read this whole thing. 200 posts ago I felt sick to my stomach for you. I believe you got a raw deal with the insurance company even if there was anything 'funny' with your paperwork. It sucks and I hope things work out. It's been a while but I'll still keep my eyes open. Next time you might take a page from Cody Walls build. He imprints his name or initials into just about every piece on his build. I didn't see much purpose in this when I read his thread but seems really smart to me now. Good luck to you!

7. gtolarry

gtolarry
    from Texas

When are you getting back on the horse as we say in Texas

8. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

well put....

9. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

David, my heart goes out to you, this whole thing has been a rollercoaster for you Im sure. I wish you the best and hope you get to build another car sooner rather than later....if you were close to me, Id give you my sons 61 ranchero, he bailed on it after starting a gasser project out of it.....good luck pal

10. henry roberts

henry roberts
    from australia

wow, what a thread. an seriously amazing build with such a f##ked ending.

it really makes me wonder about the state of humanity.

dave, I hope everything gets back on track quickly and karma finds new, creative, interesting and protracted ways to deal with those who dumped all this on you and your family.

11. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Wow !! my property was stolen the local cops could not help me so I posted a reward there is no honor among thieves after locating my property and 12 other stolen atv's. The cops only came when they found out I was watching the theives with a high power rifle I had to use the scope because I had no binoculars. Only one officer cared to help me and the rest were to busy with election campaigns. To which I showed up to and ask how they were protecting the public !! Sometime the media can help but they also can be as bad as the events that took place ! My heart goes out to ya

12. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I'm sorry to here about the car, and now we will never see that burnout.

13. David

I followed your build thread from the day I joined the HAMB. Your work was most excellent. I hope to see a new build thread from you in the future.

I love your daughters name. My granddaughter has the same name.

14. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

The only good thing from this thread is that we should all learn or at least be reminded of what could happen in a "worst case scenario" and make sure our i's are dotted and t's crossed on both titles and insurance papers. Scary stuff!

15. pvcerod

pvcerod
    from Australia

Here's an idea....all those out there that are with the same Insurance Company as Dave, contact the Insurer & tell them you will no longer use them in support of Dave, if there is enough of you it may have a big enough impact for them to change how they treated the man.....any way worth a try :);)

16. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

i like it!

17. daddio211

daddio211

Great idea!

My '27 T Roadster build: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t= 734383

18. He ever say what insurance company it was?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Great project !!!!!!!! Involving the kids makes it all the more so !!!!!!!!!!

4TTRUK

20. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

There should be a happy ending to this thread , but unfortunalely there is not . It's a real shame how this all has turned out . My garage was broken into a few months ago (even in my sleepy town) , and I know I'd like to smash their friggin' hands with my big hammer :mad: !
    I think there should be open season on thieves ...

21. it sure is/was a damn nice car! hopefully it'll turn up some day.

Attached Files:

22. MrModelT

MrModelT

Dave.......this is absolutely heartbreaking.

I don't even know what to say to this and I can't even begin to illustrate how INFURIATED this entire situation makes me. The treatment of both you and you and your family was ABSOLUTELY unwarranted, uncalled for and out of line.

I so enjoyed your build and am so sorry that it had to end in such a disgustingly awful way.

I sincerly hope to see another build from you much sooner then later.

23. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

GRUNDY..................
    They said that I titled the car wrong so the policy was voided. How convenient.

24. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Anything for them bastards to get out of cutting you a check

25. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Shouldn,t Grundy check that shit before they take your money?

26. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

They should, but probably do it knowing there is a loop hole they can worm out of later on...

27. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Doesn,t this make all you guys with reproduction bodies nervous?

28. you guys really need to let it go,,I would hate to see this thread locked,,it's a great build thread and David did a great job. HRP

29. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

There's probably a lesson to be learned here that will help others. What it is, I'm not sure yet.