Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jamey Jordan new DVD "The art of bead rolling"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Motomike43, May 2, 2013.

1. Motomike43

Motomike43

Has anyone else seen this video yet? What are your thoughts on it? Curious to see what people have to say before giving my opinion on it.

2. Haven't seen it, would like to, subscribed.

3. Motomike43

Motomike43

I own it. Still holding my opinion. For now.

4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I think he has posted incredible pictures of his work on the bead rolling thread and also makes some amazing looking bomber seats.

If the video is well made you will likely be impressed and may learn a lot.

5. Motomike43

Motomike43

Thats what I was banking $30 on. I was really looking forward to seeing it. As soon as I found out about it I ordered it right away. I am very disappointed. First off, the Run time is only 30 min. Which I think is B.S. for a $30 vid. But I figured "hell, its Jamey Jordan. Its gonna be an awesome 30min". Well thats B.S. too.
    If you know anything about bead rolling at all. As in, you saw one in a magazine once then this video is boring and full of common sense stuff.

I was looking for some Jamey Jordan tips and tricks. Tell me something. Anything. Anything at all.

Its 30min of the most common sense "ive never used a bead roller in my life but I already knew that" Kind of info. And also 50% commercial for his signature series line of rolls.

All in all, I am disappointed. BUT... it sounds like a Vid #2 is in the making and may be more of what I am looking for.

In my opinion, Anyone who knows who Jamey Jordan is, Is looking at a website or magazine what advertises this video for sale, Comes across this video for sale in any shape or form, or would be willing to spend $30 on a bead rolling DVD...They already know everything there is to know by watching this video and will be just as disappointed as I.

Just my opinion. Take it or leave it. Look forward to other people seeing it and hearing their opinion.

6. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Too bad, what a video like that needs is lots of hands on technical demonstrations on how to do the intricate and more difficult bead roller work.

7. Motomike43

Motomike43

Amen to that.

8. Ron Covell has a bead roller dvd out right now as well. I wonder what it is like his videos are usually super informative?

9. Motomike43

Motomike43

You know... I own just about all of Ron Covells vids but I don't have that one. Think im gonna have to buy it now. Your right. All of his videos are well done. Even the old ones which are clearly recorded on a VHS camera

10. heatnbeat

heatnbeat
    from Madera,Ca.

Lazze has over 40 YouTube's alot on the bead roller. Granted he makes the best bead roller on the market hands down, they are expensive but worth it. Some of the things he does with his bead roller you probably won't be able to do with yours. I built my bead roller with the upper shaft to move in and out 1-1/4" so I can adjust mine like his. It was will worth the effort
    image.jpg

11. Motomike43

Motomike43

Lazze is the God of English wheel and bead roll as far as People who are willing to teach their craft. Most people are very Hush Hush about giving away good info on a lost art like sheet metal work. Some day I want to fly out to Cali and take his 2 week class.

12. sunvalley54

sunvalley54
    Alliance Vendor

The 1st Jamey Jordon video is more about the basic of bead rolling and how and what tools / material he uses and how he lays his stuff out. The $25.00 cost I found was fair for a half hour video. I spoke with Jamey at the SEMA show and I was informed the 2nd video is a more in depth video of tricks and showcases more or shadowing and the step dies he uses to do his lettering.