Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 360° walk around my 28 Tudor project

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Brock49Ford, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

I had a pic on my PC. Some 180° an 90° bends did the trick. Can't remember the inside bend radius, but the housing clears at full bump.

Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

2. cody1958

cody1958
    from wichita ks

I agree but over all it's bithin car.

3. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

I agree about the spreader bars. (I made them a long time ago, forgive me)

Ditched the front one a while ago as I was in agreement with Wardog, too much going on. Probably will just go with nothing in the front for the time being.

I still need something for the back though since the tank is there. Probably just a piece of tube (1.75" or so) and paint it black so it disappears.

Was kind of thinking about using some streamline tubing for spreader bars but talked myself out of it. Little to "modern"/racecar/avaitor feel to it for this style of car.

Hope to get it outside again over the Holiday weekend.

4. HotRod33

HotRod33

Great looking hotrod.... If you want to run a spreader bar on the front try a model a brake cross shaft. The contour matches the bottom of your grille shell. here is a pic of one on my truck.

Attached Files:

5. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

Thanks for the tip! I will look into that. I hate the idea of bashing the bottom of the grill into something.