Register now to get rid of these ads!

61 Hillman Husky frame specs.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mikejustis6, Nov 24, 2013.

1. mikejustis6

mikejustis6
    from ky

What is the best way to build a frame for this wagon. I want mustang II steering, small block Chevy or Ford with automatic transmission, 9" Ford rearend with 18" rubber on the rear and 4" rubber up front. Ride height 8". This car has a 84" wheelbase and track width @56". I have Weld wheels for the back (15x15) with 4.5 backspacing. The tires are 29" tall. I want the rear frame rails arch high enough that the axle won't hit the frame and the ride height will be what I'm wanting. this car weighs about 1900#. Want is the best way to measure for the things that I want? I have looked at store bought back half units, but I'm not sure on what I need to look for as the arch height in the frame rails for the rear end. I guess you can tell I'm new at this and I don't want a big mess and have to redo it over.:confused::

2. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Oh wow! A Hilman Husky. I had one when I was in high school. What a fun little car that was.

I would suggest removing the floor and building a complete frame and new floor pan together. It would be similar to these two Anglia frames I have built. My design was copied from noted AA/GS racer and chassis builder Chuck Finders. It is extremely rigid and compact. First you should set the car up at your final desired ride height. From that you can calculate how much to chanel the frame and how much kick-up you will need based on the tire diameter size you will be using. You can also figure the rear kick-up width based on the width of those tires and the desired track width and the installed height of your spring/shock package..

Measure everything you can think of and make a drawing to work off. Good luck with your project.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. TigerII

TigerII

I could be mistaken but I think the Sunbeam Tiger shared essentially the chassis, so an SBF and Toploader could be a reasonably easy install. There are headers out there that should be an easy fit. The Tiger used a Dana diff which would hold up to what you have in mind. Again, I think they were very similar. If someone knows better feel free to correct me.