Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sundays Models 11/24/13

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by halfasskustoms, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Hey BonnevilleBob: Here is my unfinished 1936 Ford. I started this one many years ago and I recently retrieved it from my parent's attic when they sold the old house. Just needs an afternoon worth of attention.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  2. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

That's a neat roadster Fordor. Like the tan paint.

3. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

DSCF7015.jpg

DSCF7022.jpg

DSCF7023.jpg
    My stepsons first serious attempt @ model building. The best he's done yet.

4. Stripped all of the chrome off of these rear end parts for the Monogram 1/8th Scale 1932 Ford HighBoy. These pieces will be painted various sheens of black. The QC rear end will be painted flat aluminum.

Attached Files:

5. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

What about the '67-'70 Eldorados? Or the Cord 810? Or even Cord L29? :)

6. gbk

gbk

Cool stuff as always on Sunday Models. The show pics, on both sides of the Atlantic, are terrific. I had seen some of the Cremators CC show pics before, but I don;t recall so many closeups of individual cars. Delicious!

Bonneville Bob, don't give up! I just resurrected a 5 year old project last month that I actually think I'm gonna finish. Interestingly, it's not too different in color from your roadster...

Mine got knocked around enough that many of the parts were broken, damaged or just plain lost. It's a Revell Deuce Roadster which was originally on the Rik Hoving mastered resin buggy-spring chassis from Replicas & Miniatures Co. of Maryland. Well, that got trashed, but 5 years on I've got the skills now to build a copy, which I did using a set of Revell 1/25th Deuce rails. Suspension is largely from a Revellogram '29 Ford RPU with lots of aftermarket bits from Replicas & Miniatures. Here's some pictures of progress so far.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Well its getting pretty cold so I am getting back to building, working on a revell ford coupe. Just cleaned it up good, trying to do it all pre 1950 custom parts, here are pics so far, sorry it looks spotty, I have waxed it and it still has some powder from that on it, also some in the cracks, I will detail it before I am done. Jim.

Attached Files:

8. car toon

car toon

Great looking cars today!

I haven't posted models for a while, so here is a 1/8 scale CJA Gardena Stadium style jalopy that was typical of early 60s period racing at that track and other SoCal dirt tracks. I finished it this past week.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  9. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Nice roadster. Love the blue. My "abone'' is base white with saphire blue testors. Planing on putting a deuce frame back under it.
    The frame & flatty in yours looks awesome. Your putting ideas in my head.:D

10. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Really diggin the "skeeter racer" as we call 'em car toon. Great detail.

11. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

More from today for you guys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. racemad55

racemad55

Incredible detail on that one!

13. elba

elba

That dirt tracker looks so real.. Great work racemad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. RAF

RAF
    from MA.

The 1/8 scale dirt tracker build is fantastic!!

15. Got some painting done on my 1/8th scale 1932 Ford HighBoy. The cylinder heads were so severely chromed that they almost gave me a head ache when I looked at them. I de-chromed them with oven cleaner and painted them aluminum. Same with the intake. I de-chromed the carbs and painted them flat steel. De chromed the rear suspension and painted flat black as a primer before final coats. It is coming along.

Attached Files:

16. 30FordNerd

30FordNerd

Some 32 Fords

Attached Files:

17. Wow, coolest show. 1/8 perfection.

18. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

Great turn out this Sunday. Thanks youll.

19. fat141

fat141

Thank you Mr NILSSON, an absolute treat. Quality there mate.
    Cheers
    Rod

20. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Insanely cool model. You did a fantastic job, man. Gary

21. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

^^^ Probably the most detailed model I have ever seen .... incredible !! ^^^

22. Paul B

Paul B

Some talented guys thanks

23. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Yea I think I build pretty nice kits and I work pretty hard on my detailing....but that dirt track duece is just amazing!! I cant make my 1:1 car look that real!! LOL! You my good man, have true skills!! Very impressed!! I would love to see more of your builds? If this is any indication to what you can do I am sure you have done many jaw droppers! Jim

24. car toon

car toon

Thanks for all the great comments! Good to hear from you, Gary.

Jim, I have more models posted on my website, but this is the most detailed car I have done to date. http://martysartandmodels.com/

25. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

That 1/8th Deuce rules. Incredible work.

26. racemad55

racemad55

I can't take credit for that,just commenting on it.

27. Race Artist

Race Artist

#75-1.jpg #75-2.jpg AAA-1 model.jpg AAA-2 model.jpg CurtisTurner1957_8x11 (2).jpg Weatherly study.jpg Here's a 1/32 scale model that I built back in the late 1980's. At the time I didn't have enough reference to build a replica so I did a fictional car based on what information and pictures I did have. The model started out as a Revell 1/32 scale snapkit. There's no engine in it ... I actually just wanted to build it for a diorama that I built, and to photograph it. A few years later I also used the model photos and after I'd come across some better reference material, to paint a picture of Curtis Turner and Joe Weatherly in their 1957 Ford NASCAR Convertible Division cars. The painting was an assignment to illustrate a story in a Ford magazine (don't recall the title) about Curtis Turner in the 1957 NASCAR convertible division.

The model was hand lettered (the logo decals are Fred Cady); model railroad boltheads, screen, Evergreen tubing and sheet plastic used, wheels and tires are from a Palmer 1940 Ford kid. Paint is airpbrush. It was photographed outdoors using a homemade pinhole lens on a 35mm camera.

Joel
    www.JFNStudios.net

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  28. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Joel, super nice job on the stockers!!! Gary

29. Race Artist

Race Artist

Thanks Gary. I was just down in Tampa, Carrollwood area ... thinking of moving down there when I quit my day job. My two sons live there, Tampa & Largo ... where are you?
    Joel

30. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL