Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chevy II/nova fenderwell headers on a styleline

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Uhoh0573, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Uhoh0573

Uhoh0573

Did some searchin' and only came up with guys usin tri-five fenderwell headers on 49-54 chevy cars. Lookin at some pics and im curious if the nova headers will also work, as their drivers side rear tube is looped up over the steering shaft/box also. Anybody know for sure or have a pic?

2. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Look at the Fat Fendered Fenderwell Headers on Speedways site. Butch/56sedandelivery.

3. Uhoh0573

Uhoh0573

I went and looked. It looks as though they would cause issues with my stock steering. The sets i see everyone using have a looped rear tube that rises up over the steering shaft. Are they using another method of clearing the steering stuff?

4. hybred355

hybred355
    from Ont. CAN.

I have the tri 5 on my 51 Hooker super comp. just a little tight at the bottom of the fenders. Larry

5. chop32

chop32

Not sure if the frames are the same width, but I once used a set of '62-'67 Nova fender well headers on a '57 Chevy. They cleared the stock steering nicely, but...
    The Nova headers don't move out away from the engine as far as the Tri 5 headers do, so I had to trim the front body mounts slightly for clearance.
    The Nova headers also sweep further back than the Tri 5's so I also had to locate the engine an inch or so further forward.
    After all this, I finally decided to put a hood on the car...low and behold, the Nova headers also sweep up from the exhaust ports enough to make it impossible to use my stock hood hinges!
    A swap meet set of Tri 5 headers, modified motor mounts, a modified trans mount, a different drive shaft and some exhaust work has fixed all my problems!

6. cashcustomcars

cashcustomcars

I used the speedway fat fendered headers on my 51 gasser and they fit well, but I built my steering linkage around my headers.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. Way 2 Many Toys

Way 2 Many Toys
    from Boise

I have a Mustang II crossmember on mine, anyone have any more info on what they used.