Register now to get rid of these ads!

Turkey Run Who's goin ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gregg Pellicer, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

So who's goin and when are you getting there. If anyone's interested we can do a meet and great Friday and Saturday. Hotrodyladycruiser {Denise}won't be here so nobody is gonna be handing out name tag's. I was thinking about 1;00. I think most of you know where the HAMB parking area is.To those that don't know we will be at the east end of the lake.
    Gregg

2. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Gregg, I hate to say it but I am out this year. Family pressure and timing are part of it. Will make it a family e vent in the future. This year will be with the in-laws.

3. D.R.Smith

D.R.Smith

I be there on Friday . Won't have the panel . will be looking for 56 F250 parts .

4. willys1

willys1
    from South Ga

Headin down Thursday. Already loaded and waiting:)

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

We're heading out Wednesday morning. Cars are ready, just have to pack some clothes and tools. :D Looking forward to seeing you guys, Gregg.

Can't wait, I really need this vacation.

Don

6. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

been here since sat. .wind is blowing 15/25 mostly

cloudy this am. Sunny.

7. Tim Irwin

Tim Irwin

Headed down tonight. I have to spend most of my time at the Moser trailer(working). Ill be able to get out some. Can't wait. Gonna eat seafood for a week!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

A word to the wise!!!!!!!!!!

Bring plenty of warm clothes because it is cold down here right now.

Florida weather is funny when it's in the high 50's or even the low 60's it's a much damper type of cold then I was used to living up north.

Up north I would go out and wash the trucks anytime it was in the mid 30's and had no problem but now here for some crazy reason it just feels much Colder then up north.

I have friends who sell parts at Turkey Run and they are taking sleeping bags and plenty flannel shirts and jackets this year.

Jimbo

9. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I wish I was there this year,from what I have heard about the weather maybe its a good thing I am not going to be there. It was on the cool side last year and not warm enough for me to drop the top,I have been coming down since 2000 and some years the weather was perfect and others not so but its gotten cold up here and I would rather be there even if the weather is not so great.

10. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Just checked the weather for the area and the temps will be much better then up here but looks like it would be rain most of the way home.

11. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I've been watching the weather and it looks like we are getting a break because the expected 100% rain is happening today instead of Wednesday. So our travel day should have a window of dryness . I've come home from TR in my roadster in 5 hours of rain where I couldn't see the car in front of me, and it is NO FUN. :eek: Rain feels like bullets at 70 mph.

It does look to be on the cool side for the 4 days, but the days should be fairly nice and the weather seems to be dry for the most part during that time.

Daytona is funny in November, we have been going to TR for 30 years and some years you sit out at midnight in shorts and some years you are hitting Starbucks for the hottest coffee you can find. But it is always fun anyway. :D

Don

12. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I miss this event.

13. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Boones we miss you too
    Gregg

14. 59 brook

59 brook

see you guys friday at 1

15. SIC98

SIC98

I will be there as a speckletater this year, the Rivi isn't back together yet, but I will see you guys Friday at 1 and Friday night at the Black Friday Bash at Giuseppe's Steel City Pizza
    ! Brian

16. Been here since Sat..Forecasts say one thing ,weather does another!!! Heavy rain this morning...spotty,fast-moving clouds all day..few periods of rain..comfortable temps tho
    Belair Plaza kinda slim pickin,s ...Heavy weather on the radar in the Gulf moving this way..Midnight/dawn time-slot may be a bit wet and somewhat cooler...
    Hope it all moves outta here ...at least by tomorrow aft..
    Doin' my GoodWeather dance just in case
    Stan,..Channel HAMB ,..reporting live from the scene..

17. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I hope the weather people are wrong and it stays dry for you,at this time I would be around Jacksonville but up here in the cold with Florida on my mind.

18. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Be there on saturday

19. vaupelfda

vaupelfda
    from LONDON

We're heading out Wednesday morning. [​IMG]

20. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

The rain chance for the show is pretty low10% to30% , Thursday is supposed to be the only cold day low 60s fri .sat..sun low 70s. Not perfect but a damn sight better than a lot of places

21. HarryPallenberg

HarryPallenberg

Harold will be there... I'm going to try and make it... WISH I was at this one... Last night at Ascot: https://vimeo.com/80477988

22. cobra_4

cobra_4

I'll be there Thursday and Friday walking around taking pictures. If you see someone with a big Nikon around their neck and a beard, it might be me!

23. thunderplex

thunderplex

I'm here now. Staying across from Ber-Air Plaza.

Posted using the full custom, V8, 4-speed app, rolling down highway 41.

24. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Just returned from the Speedway, was 40 degrees this am.Lots of people ,and confusion this morning. 3 year construction project going on that makes you enter way different.
    That being said, with my HAMB shirt on I met 2 nice guys from the board from NY . Bought, and rec a great deal.
    Happy Thanksgiving.