Register now to get rid of these ads!

History JFK,45years ago Nov22d,'63 what car and where were you?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by raceron1120, Nov 21, 2008.

1. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Sitting next to "hot" Jackie Wildman in English class at a Jr. High school in Detroit. Dad drove a 57 Ford Del Rio Ranch wagon. He hated the car.

2. jetman

jetman
    from n.c.

Introducing my mom and dad to wife's parents at their house. Wedding was next day, nov. 23 1963. 50th anniversary yesterday. No trouble remembering the date. Was in the USAF at the time, drove off to Cold War in 1934 ford pick- up.

3. rd4pin

rd4pin
    from louisiana

I was in the USAF in Sacramento 50 years ago, shoehorning a Chrysler Hemi into my '54 Chevy in the Auto Hobby Shop on base..

4. 302aod

302aod
    from Pelham,Tn.

I was in 3d grade. Told by a crossing guard on my way walking home.

5. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Was a glimmer in my dads eye as he cruised his '40 Chevy cpe. Then 4 yrs. to the day, I got here.
    [ATTA081982[/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

6. KStewart

KStewart

I was asleep in bed and my wife woke me up I was on night shift working at Lorain Ford Plant. We were shocked on what happen. Lots of sick people out there even today.

7. I thought that very same thing, too, as a little kid.

8. Rossodino34

Rossodino34

I was attending 7th grade French class. Went home in my father's '61 270hp Corvette. That event and all the events thereafter related to it were surreal for this twelve year old.

9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

You take everything so literal at that age.:D I have discussed it with my mom in the past, and we both THINK I actually recall the Kennedy asassination indirectly, I have a very distinct memory of her listening to the radio and becoming VERY upset when I was around the right age, she figures thats what it was, she did hear it on the radio for the first time, and she cant think of anything else that she heard that had such a dramatic emotional effect on her.

10. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I was only one month old but at the time my parents had their last Mercury which was a 1960 Monterey. The car was rear ended 2 years later and with the insurance money, they bought a 1965 Mustang and they never owned another Mercury.

11. Rob J

Rob J
    from Miami, FL

I was only a thought in the hot and heavy minds of my soon to be folks. LOL.

12. Vintage Warrior

Vintage Warrior
    from TX

I wasn't even a wet dream yet.

13. Henry VIII

Henry VIII
    from Tulsa OK

Walking across campus second year in college. My car was a '55 Mercury Monterey 2-door hardtop, 4 barrel dual exhaust, 3-speed with overdrive.

14. I was 10 in 5th grade, we were told over the P.A. system then sent home we were out for a week. My folks didnt care for JFK and was looking forward to LBJ for the rest of the term. we had a 57 chevy 210 four speed car and moms pink 58 Merc.

15. deuceman32

deuceman32

Grade 6, in Toronto. Even so, the school principal made an announcement that a terrible act had taken place in the USA that would change the course of history and that we should listen. She then locked the PA mike open with the Cronkite feed playing.

Dad had a 59 Pontiac wagon. Mom had a black-on-red 60 Sport Fury 2dr hardtop.

16. teejay99

teejay99

Was in grade 11 at the time , but with no radio/tv access in class it wasn't until after school at 4pm that we heard the news ....total shock and disbelief . Parents had a '59 Galaxie then and with everything closed up in town there was nothing to do but watch the news on tv that weekend .

T

17. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

I was in first grade, they announced that the president had been shot over the PA and dismissed school. It was on the TV for days. Mom still has a bunch of those Life magazines stashed somewhere. Mom and Dad had a 1960 Mercury Monterey, 1956 Ford 2 door sedan, 1949 Dodge Coronet and a big 1950 Dodge truck, it had air brakes, air horn, a visor and a swan on the hood that lit up at night.

18. My wheels then was a brand new Falcon Futura 'vert, 260/4sp

19. Truckedup

Truckedup

I was about 8 or 9 when Eisenhower won the Presidential election in 1956. I walked into a corner store and saw the newpaper headline "IKE IN LANDSLIDE" I got home and told my parents some guy named Ike was buried in a landslide..They had a good laugh...

I was in 11th grade study hall when the Kennedy shooting was announced over the PA system. Many kids were upset and or crying....I don't remember thinking about it very much at that time.

I had a 56 Ford 292 three speed with a Hurst mystery shifter. That fucking shifter new cost me more money that the Wolverine cam and 3 two intake....Just like today :D I was still 16, 17 was the age for a NJ license back then.

20. "You take everything so literal at that age."
    George, you are so right! When we moved to Dallas in '55 from Indiana, I was so disappointed that there were no buffalo, or indians.
    On the day of the assassination, I had a favorite history teacher that put it all in perspective. "Nothing in your lives from here on will ever be the same".

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was sitting in study hall in the school library when news came that he had been shot and in history class when word came that he had passed . I was in the 11th grade at the time. Some guy made fun of some girls crying in the hallway and almost got decked by one of their boyfriends.

Life changed for all of us that day.

I remember not getting too far away from the TV at home in the following days as we watched what was going on almost constantly for several days and there were only two channels in our area at the time to choose from.

22. JackdaRabbit

JackdaRabbit
    from WNC

I was in 8th grade and dad drove a `57 Ford.
    Now I drive a `63 Chevy pickup that was brand new then.

23. frank spittle

frank spittle

I have often wondered how Ford Motor Company got the Lincoln after it was removed from service in '77. Turns out FoMoCo leased it to the government for $500.00 a year. The article speculates it would set a world record auction price for a collector car if Ford Motor Company ever sells it. But that will never happen.

24. ironrodder

ironrodder

I had left school in the middle of my bookkeeping class to go to court on a "Swinging license plate" ticket. The only day I can remember taking a transister radio with me to school. Just as they announced his death my Mom got there to pick me up. She hadn't heard about it and couldn't drive when I told her.
    Like Mr.48 Chev says, we were close to the TV for days.
    Kinda burned into your memory.

25. The sad note to all this is the fact that we will NEVER,NEVER know the truth of it all..

26. "T"NUT

"T"NUT

My math skills are not great but if it was 1963 we are talking 50 years not 45 ?
    I was 6 years old.

27. hotrodsnguns

hotrodsnguns
    from Fresno, CA

[QUOTE="T"NUT;9377765]My math skills are not great but if it was 1963 we are talking 50 years not 45 ?
    I was 6 years old.[/QUOTE]

Please note thread was first posted in 2008

28. was not around at when that happen ....

but a sad day for sure, for the nation =/

29. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

I was driving up to the University of Oregon. I had mom with me to drop off to have lunch with dad at his work place. We heard a bulletin on the radio in my 1956 Plymouth. I got to the University and went to the student union building. I saw some friends and joined them. The audio visual department set up several black and white TV's and we watched everything unfold. A ironic aspect is the exact booth we were sitting in the one the actors in Animal House sat in just before the food fight scene.

30. I was 4yrs old n cruisin my coaster wagon!