Register now to get rid of these ads!

C6 Trans Adapting to column shift on 58 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2Hep, Nov 24, 2013.

1. 2Hep

2Hep

I've got a C6 Transmission that was hooked up to a Floor shift. Now I am having trouble getting it to shift with the stock column shift and linkage. Does anybody have pictures of where and what the transmission shift arm should look like? and what position it is in?

For starters, the shift arm on my trans is bent and pointing upwards hugging the transmission. Park is in the 2 o'clockish position on the trans.

The column shift Park is in the 11 o'clockish position.

The linkage is inventive as I did not have the stock linkage.

I am assuming the arm on the trans needs to be relocated facing forward? Park in the 9 o'clock?

How do I get the arm off of the transmission? Is it better to cut it and get an aftermarket arm?

Looking forward to your suggestions- I'll post some pictures later today.

2. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

The C-4 I have in my 55 convertible has the arm pointing at the 9 o clock position and the original linkage bolted up,the trans came out of a 73-9 p/u and the arms are easily changed after the valve body is dropped.

3. 2Hep

2Hep

Dumb question but I'll ask any way... How much of a pain is to drop the valve body and rotate the arm with the Trans installed?

4. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

You shouldn't have to drop the valve body, just drop the pan, take the retaining nut off on the inside and pull it out and flip it around. Not hard, just really messy doing it from underneath.