Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 360° walk around my 28 Tudor project

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Brock49Ford, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

I think that it is almost time to start taking things apart before I put the car back together for the final time. In order to make sure that I was "there" I bolted a bunch of stuff up and pushed it up into the street to get a better perspective. I did the 360° walk around and took the digital camera along for the ride. Here is what I came up with. I have looked at this thing in the confines of the garage for too long. I wanted to be able to look at from all angles and make sure that I was satisified. I think that I am! :D

Attached Files:

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

Looks cool! Bigger tires in the back please! :D

3. the-rodster

the-rodster

I dig it!

But the rear is begging for some 750 stones.

Rich

4. x2 and you are gonna paint the front shocks arent you? otherwise she looks good

5. Bucket of T

Bucket of T

I like that cam on the front. and agreed above. The shocks need a new color IMO.

6. Very nice. Bigger back tires would look better, 750s?
    What colour/plans do you have for finishing?
    Model A bodies on 32 rails really look great.

7. titus

titus

Looks very nice.

Only thing i would adjust or look at would be to lean the grille shell forward just a touch, it just looks likes its leaned back, its probably not but its an optical delusion!

and im basing my angle off the top of the frame rail, bigger tires might effect the grille angle a little but im mainly looking at the frame to grille angle.

JEFF

8. -Brent-

-Brent-

I really like it. The only thing that sticks out to me is the front shock angle. Is it possible to switch the mounts and run a little shorter shock that's more upright? Otherwise, what a sharp looking hot rod.

9. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

It will have the 7.50 x 16 on the rear for sure. Those tires on there are 6.50 x 16s and were on the rims so they had to make do. It will get black wall 6.00 x 16s on the front (same size that is there now.)

Shocks will get replaced, or at least painted when it goes together for the last time.

Just have to take it off the frame one last time to paint the chassis. Everything that is bare steel now will be black. if it is patina'd or weathered it is staying like it is. Body will remain as is.

10. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

I think that the pictures distorting it a bit, but you are right that it might need some tweaking. It is only Cleco'd into place at the moment. One little bump and it can probably get out of whack.

Thanks for the input.

11. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

I have played with the shock mounts and tried both inboard and outboard, as pictured. I like the wide, long shock look and how it covers up the spring perches and most of the shackle. I think once the shocks are not YELLOW it will flow a bit better. The color jumps out at you and makes it look more extreme I think.

Thanks for the opinion and compliements.

12. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Looks sweet to me...but i agree with most.750s in the rear..

13. silversink

silversink

I want one so bad, that is sweet

14. badshifter

badshifter

PLEASE get rid of the cam spreader bars. Not sure I'm feelin the gas tank, but at least it's functional. Taller rears. Otherwise great!

15. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

Update- I work slow. Had a nice sunny afternoon and a few hours to myself so I figured I'd take a few laps up and down the street and take a few pictures.

Runs, starts, stops, shifts, doesnt get hot. Chassis all finished. Plumbing finished. Lots to do still for wiring, but it does have a charging and starting system. Going to stay 6V since the generator tested good and all the early Stewart Warner gauges are 6V.

Front tires ended up being a 5.00/5.25x16 and rears are 7.00x16. I got rims, tires and caps as a package. I like it more than the 6.00x16 on all 4 corners that the early pictures had.

Amazing how some black paint can make such a difference.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  16. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

17. brady1929

brady1929

18. gecko54

gecko54
    from Sumner, WA

Right on Brock. Great to see it out. Couldn't see from the pics if all the seats were in yet.Other than that and the missing something on that right license plate holder, you look set.

19. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

Hi Keith-

Rear seat is installed, just need to figure seat belt mount. Drivers seat frame is all cut down and mounted, using boat seat cushions and bungee cords for now. Still need to tear the other seat apart. Misfit plate needs some modiications for mounting.

Let me know if you still need those hubs. I have them on my workbench.

20. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Sits good.. Looks good.. Are you going to chop it???

21. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

No chop on this one. Several reasons, first of which is I am about 6'-4" tall. This Tudor actually has a fully functioning back seat too. Its a Sedan that seats 5!

22. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

23. I dig it! I'm not too sure about the cam spreader bars myself either. A little rat-roddy in my opinion. I do love the wheel/tire combo. I think it sits perfect and please don't chop it.

24. Schmidy

Schmidy
    from Minnesota

Get rid of those camshaft spreader bars and you got one nice model A.

25. Nice improvement!

26. Wardog

Wardog

Looks better without the spreader bar. Not because it is a cam but with the head light bar and the fog light it was a bit too much going on. Sweet car.

[​IMG]

27. Dirk35

Dirk35

Cool looking car! You done well. Do you plan to put the rear frame covers on? They will help it to not look like the tank is sticking out so far. Also, you can get an aftermarket spreader bar from a few vendors. Below is my Model A with vintique parts. I don't know which vendor the frame rail pieces came from. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1385431882.113310.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  28. Looks good, I'd sure tool it around the block

29. Dirk35

Dirk35

Oh, any chance you can crawl under and take a pic of the tail pipes and how you got them up and over the rear end?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

30. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

i would have to agree. thats a R ROD thing.. the car is great ! the cams take away from the whole picture though